Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
E4BAYoiXwAQDzk3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm feeling good about Ekko.
There's a lot going on in this small package.
It's super hard to evaluate, I'm hearing we're going to see a large balance patch in less than 1 hr. Also streamers will be playing the new cards today at some point.
Lurk might look boring but I definitely see a lot to play with.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patch notes:

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Largest patch I think we've ever seen, the meta is going to be so wide open. Trying to evaluate it would require a novel. I'm super excited. Scariest thing I see might be 4 mana Will of Ionia, but hey, I'll take it. This is going to be so fun.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ekko looks interesting and a few cool cards here and there. The Lurk package doesn’t interest me much but aside from it, there is some cool stuff. Tons of balance change so really hard to see where the meta will go. I hope it revives my interest in the game which is at an all time low right now.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Great patch. Some of these changes bring back good memories even if the cards were crazy at that time. I think almost every change was a positive one for a healthy meta which shows how poor the meta has been. Hopefully we see a ton of new viable decks. Will of Ionia will probably be back at 5 in a month though lol.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Glorious Evolution deck I'm 5-1 with so far in normals...
Ranked should be a different story.

CEBQGAIBBAIDKAYDAQBQKEQFAQCAEBAHBQIAGAICAEBQCAYECQAQIBARAEAQCAJK

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I’ve been having fun with the new Yeti cards. I don’t play ranked that much and this deck is performing extremely well in high silver/low gold. Yetis + Leblanc + reputation support

CECQCAIDEEAQGAICAECACEQDAQBQEBAPAUAQCBYOD4YDGAYBAEBQIAIEAEFACBADBAAQCAIDGU

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
2 new champions out of nowhere so close after the expansion. That’s pretty cool, gonna really shake up a meta that really needed it after 2 months of awful meta.

Personally though, the last 2 months pretty much drained my interest in the game, and even with the new expansion I’ve barely played. It’s been a while since we have had a really good meta. The game has been in a pretty bad shape for a while in my opinion. It’s a great game still, but it has had really bad meta fir a while now.

Hopefully I get back into it, but just not finding any interest to play at the moment even though there is a lot of cool stuff happening.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I play more solo labs now than actual competitive games. I love Ezrael/ Draven and still enjoy Cithria/spectral and thralls occasionally but outside of expanding my difficulty at labs, I play maybe 3-5 games a day. It reminds me of my WoW rep grinding days with less work.

It seems the small player base has shrunk a lot. On another note, every competitive game eventually phases out older cards to ensure future growth. When/if does anyone see that with this game?

I think the modern styles of CCG decks are represented fairly well now. The new champ seems fairly similar to Riven in play style. Are they running out of ideas? Are older cards limiting growth? Did the newest nerf change anything for people here? I think everyone on these forums are fairly bored with CCGs at the moment. Is the market too saturated or is it just too hard to balance fun with brokenness?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I play more solo labs now than actual competitive games. I love Ezrael/ Draven and still enjoy Cithria/spectral and thralls occasionally but outside of expanding my difficulty at labs, I play maybe 3-5 games a day. It reminds me of my WoW rep grinding days with less work.

It seems the small player base has shrunk a lot. On another note, every competitive game eventually phases out older cards to ensure future growth. When/if does anyone see that with this game?

I think the modern styles of CCG decks are represented fairly well now. The new champ seems fairly similar to Riven in play style. Are they running out of ideas? Are older cards limiting growth? Did the newest nerf change anything for people here? I think everyone on these forums are fairly bored with CCGs at the moment. Is the market too saturated or is it just too hard to balance fun with brokenness?
2 new champions out of nowhere so close after the expansion. That’s pretty cool, gonna really shake up a meta that really needed it after 2 months of awful meta.

Personally though, the last 2 months pretty much drained my interest in the game, and even with the new expansion I’ve barely played. It’s been a while since we have had a really good meta. The game has been in a pretty bad shape for a while in my opinion. It’s a great game still, but it has had really bad meta fir a while now.

Hopefully I get back into it, but just not finding any interest to play at the moment even though there is a lot of cool stuff happening.

I like the current meta and it has rejuvenated my desire to qualify for the next tournament. The meta is so uncertain atm but it looks to be settling on Sivir = OP right now. But still too early to tell imo. The Absolver is looking like it will put Sivir over the top for sure.

I am struggling to grind up with most of the meta decks, Im still in Plat actually. I'll gain with a homebrew then try a "meta deck" and drop back down.

The last meta certainly shrunk the player base. Usually you need around 120 LP in masters to qualify for Tournament but last one you only needed around 80. That meta seemed to kill the desire of a lot of players. I think the expansion, the huge balance patch, and this Ruination event is doing a LOT to bring interest back quickly.

I don't think we should see any rotation of cards yet until the game is much more saturated with them. Probably a couple years out still.

Also, I do think Summer is possibly the slowest season for these types of games, maybe I'm wrong, idk.

I don't see either of the new champs as being similar to Riven.
Viego has a "jade golem" vibe going and introduces cards that damage your own nexus.

Akshan has synergy with Riven but also has a Landmark game plan. He's a cheap value engine and not really a finisher himself. He's not a beatdown champ like Riven, he's a value engine. So I think putting him & Riven in the same deck might not be too great. It'll probably be a Akshan/Taric deck or maybe Taliyah or Malphite, idk. Though, a Riven deck might like Akshan as a support champ, so maybe it'll work out. However... The support Akshan brings doesn't really come online quick enough to help RIven I think.

I think right now is a really exciting time since we're getting all this new stuff AND we don't even know the theme for the next Expansion yet. Also, I believe we're supposed to get another Champion in like a month or so... Probably Xerath, as a 4th Ascended Champ. Similar to how they did Aphelios.

Between seasons I was doing Labs of Legends too... a very fun mode.

So... yea, last Season was a playerbase killer but it's doing a 180 now. We'll see if the devs can keep this up.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah… seeing Azir/Irelia or Thresh/Nasus in 80% of my games made me not play as much the last few months. It’s way better now

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Started 2-0 with this Viego/Sivir deck in ranked.

Feels strong so far. Won vs sivir/zed and ez/karma so far.

CMBQEAIFEAUAGBAFGU3DOBYEA4GRIGRGGY3WOAQBAECTCAIEA5IQA

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing the Viego/Thresh deck Mogwai posted, pretty fun deck to play, and pretty good too 6-2 (in normal), wins in lots of different ways.

I was happy with the games I played too, saw about 7 different decks in 8 games only faced the same deck twice which was Akshan/Riven.