Lost

dizzie

Triggered Happy
As someone previously said the best thing about Lost was shitposting about it or talking about it around the water cooler at work. The last season was wank and there's no point in rewatching it as nobodies watching it now and nobody gives a fuck as it was an epic letdown.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
4 8 15 16 23 42

only cool people will still understand that

(i had to look it up i only remembered 3 of them lol)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
No one should defend this show because this was the start of the new era of moronic show runners and writers that started out with an intriguing and mysterious show without having a middle, conclusion, or any subplots even written down. Instead, they wing the entire thing while hinting at a grand narrative and at the end it is revealed that they just got fucking lucky in the beginning and are sustained by he hardcore fans who are too invested to give up on it no matter how far off the rails it goes.

The worst part is that the Lost show runners were all seen as visionary and have gone on to repeat the above process so many times that the new breed of 'visionaries' do the same thing and people keep watching their retarded shit because they just don't believe that these idiots would keep getting hired if they had no plans for the show after the first few episodes.

Abrams, Lindeloff, and Cuse should have never gotten another gig after this shit show and the only thing any of them have done since that was with a damn was The Leftovers (a fucking book adaptation so no need to write your own narrative).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You can't talk about LOST without an amazing soundtrack.

Also, remember the Polar Bear from the very first episode? What was that? And I could have sworn there was a T-Rex also. That's what killed the pilot when the plane was still stuck in the tree.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And I remember listening to these live when Norton was complaining about LOST.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'd forgotten about the polar bear, that was never explained, was it?

It's like someone just went to a meeting and said "this show needs some fucking polar bears in a few scenes" and everyone just thought it was great, so they just went and did it without hesitation.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The problem LOST created was it's progeny of equally retarded shows. all trying to capture that same magic by making shit up as they go.

• 1Like

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd forgotten about the polar bear, that was never explained, was it?

It's like someone just went to a meeting and said "this show needs some fucking polar bears in a few scenes" and everyone just thought it was great, so they just went and did it without hesitation.

It was explained in season 3. The Dharma Initiative brought them there for experiments. Remember the big cages Saywer and Kate were stuck in (the ones the fucked in)? Polar bear cages.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was explained in season 3. The Dharma Initiative brought them there for experiments. Remember the big cages Saywer and Kate were stuck in (the ones the fucked in)? Polar bear cages.
yea i think they were wheeling the cages with bears in and i think there was an "update" with the asian doc talking about "exotics"?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Right. Polar bear experiments and scientific research stations... in Purgatory. Because it's science's last chance to usurp God.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Right. Polar bear experiments and scientific research stations... in Purgatory. Because it's science's last chance to usurp God.
b/c polar bears are from the north pole and penguins are from the south pole, you needed 2 different origin species to re-align the power of the island.

Khane

Except it wasn't purgatory.

LOL oh yeah? Why not? Because the hack showrunners said so to double down on their bullshit lines on fan theories at the start of the show?

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hugo was in the series "alcatraz" i was interested in... i shoulda known to not give a fuck when it was on fox, 1 season.
i had high hopes for that show, but it was fail, funniest part was when fatty's partner with the big tits got killed. he got so mad at one dude, he just said something like "not cool" . i was like, your fucking friend just died and this guy helped it happen and thats the best you fucking got? thats when i knew this shit wasnt coming back.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I built a buncha props for the show, especially the final season because they were spending money going full retard and their in house shop couldnt keep up. They even payed me my day rate to be an extra for a Sawyer scene in a diner because they couldnt get enough White folks to make it look like the mid west. Josh Holloway was a super nice guy, the rest of the actors and the director were fucking pricks. Also people who do extra work are fucking insane. They really think they will be a star someday. And a millisecond of camera time will get them their big break. They called me to do it again I said 'Fuck no, get up at 4AM to stand around waiting for 6 hrs again? Eat dicks'. The catering was good and the behind the scenes folks were cool as hell. They give no fucks about all the waiting around, they are making massive coin.

• 1Like

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
LOL oh yeah? Why not? Because the hack showrunners said so to double down on their bullshit lines on fan theories at the start of the show?

Because it said so on screen? Watch the conversation between Jack and Christian from the last episode again. "Everything that happened to you is real." The "flash-sideways" of Season 6 was the actual purgatory. Everything on the Island was real.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Because it said so on screen? Watch the conversation between Jack and Christian from the last episode again. "Everything that happened to you is real." The "flash-sideways" of Season 6 was the actual purgatory. Everything on the Island was real.

The last episode of a show that clearly had no direction and had no idea what story it was even trying to tell. Hoping to wrap things up in a way that didn't make the showrunners into liars for saying "It's not purgatory" in 2005.

Everything on the island was real, including the smoke monster, Jacob, Locke being able to walk and Fat ass becoming God.

This show was a mess, a total mess. Trying to make sense of it based on some throwaway line in the last episode of a garbage TV show with garbage writing is terrible. It was fucking Purgatory. Except it wasn't, because of all the shit that happened in the early seasons. Except it was because of all the dumbass "sideways flashes". Except it wasn't because of submarines and Polar Bears and science experiments. Except it was because they've been dead all along. Except. Except. Except.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The last episode of a show that clearly had no direction and had no idea what story it was even trying to tell. Hoping to wrap things up in a way that didn't make the showrunners into liars for saying "It's not purgatory" in 2005.

Everything on the island was real, including the smoke monster, Jacob, Locke being able to walk and Fat ass becoming God.

This show was a mess, a total mess. Trying to make sense of it based on some throwaway line in the last episode of a garbage TV show with garbage writing is terrible. It was fucking Purgatory. Except it wasn't, because of all the shit that happened in the early seasons. Except it was because of all the dumbass "sideways flashes". Except it wasn't because of submarines and Polar Bears and science experiments. Except it was because they've been dead all along. Except. Except. Except.

Yeah, I'm still bitter about how this show went down.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
After watching season 6, I am still not 100% sure I am not myself in purgatory.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf