Lovecraft Country

velk

Trakanon Raider
I was optimistic after the end of the first episode, but after that it's just been a downhill slide. Entirely apart from the surprise buttsex, the most recent episode was just boring. Who cares about Ruby's department store job ?

Also, what's up with the girlfriend ? She decides she is fine with him beating the shit out of his dad when she thought it was because he annoyed him, but finding out it was actually because his dad murdered someone and suddenly it's all his fault somehow?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last episode was by far the worst one yet. What a crazy disjointed story telling this show is turning out to be. Wondering if it is going anywhere or will be a complete failure at season end.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really liked the first few episodes of this show. But as it goes on it just gets pretty terrible. Atticus is a lame duck character and the actor doesnt make him any better. Ill keep watching for now just because Michael K. Williams.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really liked the first few episodes of this show. But as it goes on it just gets pretty terrible. Atticus is a lame duck character and the actor doesnt make him any better. Ill keep watching for now just because Michael K. Williams.
I wish they had not canceled Happ and Leonard because that show was so much better. This is garbage by comparison and he is wasted.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i watched the first two episodes and I think i'm gonna bail, reading the comments sounds the show doesn't get any better. I like the setting and characters and vibe of the world they have, but I can't get a handle on the world building AT ALL. i feel like I missed an episode or three, like I have zero context for the monsters, the village, the manor, what the bad guys "plan" was, literally nothing makes much sense. What a really bizarre way to structure your "horror" show.

I wish they had leaned more into character building or more into horror, they really do neither very well.

guess i'll try Raised by Wolves instead, that looks more interesting

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Episode 7 was probably the worst of the bunch so far. Having a line basically saying...I want to kill white people, had me groaning. The episode was all black power, women power, and white people are bad. This focus on side character story of the week sucks. Next week its the little girls turn.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Episode 7 was probably the worst of the bunch so far. Having a line basically saying...I want to kill white people, had me groaning. The episode was all black power, women power, and white people are bad. This focus on side character story of the week sucks. Next week its the little girls turn.
You're a cuck.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
There were literally zero white people in the episode. By the end of it, she realized that killing white people isn't what she wanted - she just felt helpless and that was an obvious target. Hippolyta found herself and found peace within without it being a full on race war... Honestly, the biggest target there was her husband for holding her back from being completely equal, not men/masculinity in general.

There's three more episodes to come, and I'm eagerly awaiting what awaits. Wait... is that triply redudant?

Ome

Molten Core Raider
How are you saying there were no white people in this episode? She was leading an African tribe of warrior women against an army of white evil doers? There were also the 2 white officers they kill in the portal room.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I really liked the 7th episode a lot. I thought it was well written and it wasn't about being a woman or black. Those were excuses for Hippolyta to figure out what was really the root cause of why she felt the way she did. I thought the episode was beautiful and message is translatable to anyone who blames anyone else for their lack of growth as a person. But I guess we can focus on trannys, blacks killing whites, and woman power.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Oh I forgot to mention the black female alien from another dimension who was rocking an afro so large it would make Bob Ross jealous. One also cant forget the atrocious music selection such as the musical stylings of Cardi B as it rips you completely out of any scene you are watching. This show could be so much more but its making some really shitty choices. I'm gonna finish off the season but it ain't easy.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I stopped a few weeks ago. It could have been amazing but its weak.

Animosity

I get what this episode was going for god damn was it boring. So far episode 1 was the only good episode. It just slowly gets worse after that.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
watch Raised by Wolves, I am 100% in on that show after just 1 episode glad i dropped out of this one. they are both HBO

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Another letdown of an episode. This show has literally no direction. The forced in storyline with the young girl was stupid. Other than the over the top racism, I have no idea whats suppose to be going on. I dont see how this gets renewed for a season 2.

More Jamie Chung is a plus though.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
So I finished watching the show. It was all right but I wish they would have done a lot more especially bearing the Lovecraft name. In the end Whites lose access to magic, leaving blacks in control of all magic, science and technology. They eventually build Wakanda and rule the world.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Finally finished it as well. This show just isnt good. Bad acting, bad story telling. Its very obvious its the show runners first show and shes just regurgitating some terrible fan fiction. 10/10 would not recommend this show to anyone.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished it but it took a lot of fast forwarding to make it through it all. First episode was good and might just be able to stand alone, they should have stopped it right there. Kind of like the first Matrix movie, works fine by itself just pretend the rest don't exist.

• 2Like