Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Hope that dude is joking. You have to be a legit moron to think time travel is possible. How the fuck can you travel through something which doesn't physically exist? Lol...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hope that dude is joking. You have to be a legit moron to think time travel is possible. How the fuck can you travel through something which doesn't physically exist? Lol...

There was an experiment with speed of light that basically proved you cannot time travel I remember. I forget the specifics. All I know is one of them remarked in his closing comments "Its as if God designed this thing to specifically not be able to do that". They were creeped out by the lack of expected result and the hard stop they hit. It was eerie to them at the time. I'm sure physicists have adjusted their theories and its not so creepy any more, but back then it was.

Wish I could remember the name of it or had a link off hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There was an experiment with speed of light that basically proved you cannot time travel I remember. I forget the specifics. All I know is one of them remarked in his closing comments "Its as if God designed this thing to specifically not be able to do that". They were creeped out by the lack of expected result and the hard stop they hit. It was eerie to them at the time. I'm sure physicists have adjusted their theories and its not so creepy any more, but back then it was.

I mean to me it seems obvious that time travel isn't possible, seems pretty common sense. It's not like a body of water or land or air that physically exist and can be traveled through and upon. Time is a man made system, not a tangible object.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Barron coming back in time to help his dad is all the proof we'll ever need.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There was an experiment with speed of light that basically proved you cannot time travel I remember. I forget the specifics.
There was a very good PBS video in which they explain that we shouldn't talk about the speed of light, but the speed of causality. That is, the speed at which a cause somewhere can have an effect elsewhere. Most of physics is impossible is there is no maximum speed of causality.

Most of the "but why does relativity looks weird" becomes more easily understandable if you think in terms of causality rather than light.

The consequence of having a speed of causality is, of course, that you can't have time travel, because you need not only a negative speed of causality, BUT also an infinite speed of causality...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Found this video and it needed a home here:

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I mean to me it seems obvious that time travel isn't possible, seems pretty common sense. It's not like a body of water or land or air that physically exist and can be traveled through and upon. Time is a man made system, not a tangible object.

While time travel probably isn't possible, it's not because it's a "man made system" that can't be travelled through, which is just nonsensical.

• 2Like

Caliane

Funny part is, I really couldn't figure out what you were trying to say. I see it now. a simple "if" typo. "Most of physics is impossible if there is no maximum speed of causality."

• 2Like

Caliane

There was a very good PBS video in which they explain that we shouldn't talk about the speed of light, but the speed of causality. That is, the speed at which a cause somewhere can have an effect elsewhere. Most of physics is impossible is there is no maximum speed of causality.

Most of the "but why does relativity looks weird" becomes more easily understandable if you think in terms of causality rather than light.

The consequence of having a speed of causality is, of course, that you can't have time travel, because you need not only a negative speed of causality, BUT also an infinite speed of causality...
probably this one.
I was looking for a vid I had seen on the speed of light gating, gravity wells, relativity. etc. couldnt find it. but this looks like the one you were talking about.

• 3Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
While time travel probably isn't possible, it's not because it's a "man made system" that can't be travelled through, which is just nonsensical.

Ya I meant to say a man made concept, not system. Also, time travel definitely isn't possible, not probably.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's the same guy who sold a 400$ machine to squeeze proprietary bags of fruits and vegetables for "healthy liquid meals".

• 3Worf

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to sell stagnant water I scoop out of an old abandoned tire I find on the side of the road.

raw

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm going to sell stagnant water I scoop out of an old abandoned tire I find on the side of the road.

raw

That would be Raw + Probiotic. The best of both worlds merged into a super health water. You'll be able to charge $8-10 per liter for that shit.

• 1Worf