Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm not saying the Earth is flat, but I am saying the calculations for the curvature of the Earth are hilariously inaccurate.

6c44a0846dcf9c278b120f7c70dbf67f--flat-earth-proof-this-meme.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
It's attached to the main water line of your house so literally your entire houses water is filtered.

Total Solution 10 Whole House Water Filtration System - Complete Total Home Water Filter and Purification Package

This is the system I bought. After shipping and plumber installation it was about 2,500$. Not too bad really. It's an instant very noticeable difference.

That's a great investment. I bought a Berkey Water Filter and a chlorine showerhead filter and noticed a huge improvement in my health within a few weeks.

Last edited:

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm not saying the Earth is flat, but I am saying the calculations for the curvature of the Earth are hilariously inaccurate.

6c44a0846dcf9c278b120f7c70dbf67f--flat-earth-proof-this-meme.jpg

I love math! Can we start with some better numbers?

1. Hilltop Ski Resort: elevation 1796ft - 2090ft
  2. Mt. Susitna: elevation 4,396'
  3. Dist between the two: 37mi

Ok, curvature checks out now. Thank you for giving me something to fact verify this morning; things were going a little slow between meetings.

[1]Hilltop Ski Area | Mountain Stats & Info | OnTheSnow
[2]Mount Susitna - Wikipedia
[3] Google maps distance measure, corroborated with recorded discs from Sistina to Ankorage plus Ankorage to Hilltop

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I love math! Can we start with some better numbers?

1. Hilltop Ski Resort: elevation 1796ft - 2090ft
  2. Mt. Susitna: elevation 4,396'
  3. Dist between the two: 37mi

Ok, curvature checks out now. Thank you for giving me something to fact verify this morning; things were going a little slow between meetings.

[1]Hilltop Ski Area | Mountain Stats & Info | OnTheSnow
[2]Mount Susitna - Wikipedia
[3] Google maps distance measure, corroborated with recorded discs from Sistina to Ankorage plus Ankorage to Hilltop
I love this... and although I'm sure you enjoyed doing it, you've gotta know it's futile right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
I love this... and although I'm sure you enjoyed doing it, you've gotta know it's futile right?

Well, my perception is that my reply was cheery, respectful, informative (shared new facts and calculations), provided references for independent verification, engaged in calm conversation free from ad hominem, and I made no effort to force my point of view onto anyone. I don't see these as futile, at all.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Strange how Kansas is literally considered to be flatter than a pancake.

• 1Salty

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Don't bother trying to convince people that the earth is flat. They don't care.

hqdefault.jpg

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Don't bother trying to convince people that the earth is flat. They don't care.

Well, it's not that we don't care, it's just that we know the earth isn't flat. But in any case, you're right. Don't try to convince people that the earth is flat.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk

No, you don't care and you're wrong. Be honest. If the Earth was flat you'd never believe it no matter what evidence was presented.

e8eed5_b300a09d703b41d48f3b5161d6d436dc~mv2.png

• 1Worf

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
'The born-again Christian thing didn't get any hits and I was told to shut the fuck up, so better move on to Flat Earth.'

Fucking boring, dude.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Almost as stupid as the current explanation for how Eclipses work.

s016417680.jpg

Sun is millions of miles away, supposedly, and in every other example of how light works we're shown light is coming in at a 90 degree angle, perpendicular to the earth.

Like this:

solar_eclipse.png

But that can't work, because the darkest part of the shadow of the moon on the earth would be at least as big as the moon: 2,159 miles wide.

iu

Oh, and if that wasn't enough - the shadow is going backwards. Have fun with that.