Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
He likely is guilty but his lawyer was all flavors of incompetent which with a client of questionable mental faculties he did not get competent legal assistance and should be retried.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He likely is guilty but his lawyer was all flavors of incompetent which with a client of questionable mental faculties he did not get competent legal assistance and should be retried.

Steven Avery's lawyers were extremely competent. It was Dassey's original lawyer who was incompetent.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Steven Avery's lawyers were extremely competent. It was Dassey's original lawyer who was incompetent.

Yea, SA's lawyers were good. The judge and police agencies involved were not. It's textbook railroading and unfair trial.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think Kaid is trying to say Brendan, most likely did it and his lawyer was incompetant, his focus isn't on SA.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
no way on earth that's what he meant, since it's clear as fuck brendan had nothing to do with it.

It's also likely SA had nothing to do with it, but of the two, he's far more likely to have actually did it. His lawyers however were not incompetent.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who found this riveting should watch all 3 of the HBO docs Paradise Lost 1-3,. Rural Small town justice is super fucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Netflix attempt to find the same lightning in a bottle with Amanda Knox was way less compelling .

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
'Making a Murderer' Star -- State's Last-Ditch Effort to Keep Him Locked Up

Brendan Dassey poses a "serious public safety issue" if he's released from prison and the state of Wisconsin wants him to stay behind bars until a higher court makes a final decision on his conviction.

The state filed an 11th hour motion to block Brendan's release. As we reported, a judge ordered him to be set free because his rights were violated when cops interrogated the then 16-year-old without an adult present.

His conviction, chronicled on the Netflix series "Making a Murderer" ... was overturned back in August.

The state says even if his confession was involuntary, it doesn't mean Brendan didn't actually commit the murder. Dassey could be back on the street as early as Wednesday ... so a judge will have to rule ASAP on the state's motion.

"The state says even if his confession was involuntary, it doesn't mean Brendan didn't actually commit the murder."

Reality Translation: Even though we have no evidence that we didn't coerce illegally from a mentally retarded 16 year old who was isolated for hours, that totally doesn't mean he didn't kill that woman.

Fuck you, state prosecutors.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly I hope some really high priced lawyer hooks up with him and sues the fuck out of that state. Not only were his rights violated to start but this shit is getting crazy. Even if you keep him in there for another 6 months, you literally have no way to get a second conviction so he will eventually go free anyways.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished watching this and fuck me! I would be scared as hell if i was a resident in Wisconsin state, and even worse, in Manitowoc County specially.
It's just wrong how the police from both counties, the DA's office,the State since the beginning just conjured to nail, AGAIN, Steven Avery to a cross.
And fuck that judge also. 99% of his decisions were against SA, even if it didn't made any sense.

One question: if it's illegal to question a minor without the presence of his parents, lawyer or legal guardian, HOW IN THE NAME OF FUCK would the court accept his statement to begin with? In my country, that "evidence " would be considered inadmissible ffs

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just finished watching this and fuck me! I would be scared as hell if i was a resident in Wisconsin state, and even worse, in Manitowoc County specially.
It's just wrong how the police from both counties, the DA's office,the State since the beginning just conjured to nail, AGAIN, Steven Avery to a cross.
And fuck that judge also. 99% of his decisions were against SA, even if it didn't made any sense.

One question: if it's illegal to question a minor without the presence of his parents, lawyer or legal guardian, HOW IN THE NAME OF FUCK would the court accept his statement to begin with? In my country, that "evidence " would be considered inadmissible ffs

It's not illegal to question minors without their parents or guardian, you do have to give them the option to have them present, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They nailed SA to a cross because he's guilty as fuck.

The real tragedy of the show was the kid. He was the one rail roaded

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They nailed SA to a cross because he's guilty as fuck.

The real tragedy of the show was the kid. He was the one rail roaded

Wait, what? If you think Dassey is innocent then how can SA be guilty when they are literally each others alibis?