Man of Steel

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Revenge of the Sith WAS better than Serenity though. That is coming from a guy who thinks the new trilogy is sacrilege.
Ok, but in my opinion it's not even half the film Serenity is. Padme dies because she's lost the will to live? WTF is that? Hey Padme, you've just had two kids, maybe you know, you could live for them. That's just the tip of the ridiculous and incredibly bad script that was ROTS. All ROTS had, in my opinion was insane CG and lightsabre duels that lasted way to long.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Without spoiling anything I will say that this movie sets up Lex Luthor perfectly. In this version of the Superman mythos the eventual Lex will make a lot of sense and possibly even be an incredibly sympathetic character if done right.

They also do a good job of setting up a few other Superman mythos hooks that can be picked up on in future movies if they so desire as well as giving a plausible origin for the entire DCU.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I personally enjoyed ROTS until the end, "I have the high ground" fuck you they just got done jumping 80ft in the air, one of the worst cop outs ever along with the ending of TDKR. Fucking blood boiling now... Only other thing ROTS was missing for me was the invasion of the Jedi temple, I would have loved to see more of that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Critics are fucking idiots. This movie delivered, but if you're someone who looks for things to nitpick over, you will find them. Not quite on the Avengers/Dark Knight/IM1 level...but I thought it was as good as anything else really.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never said their weren't. Look at what people flock to though. In 2005 Revenge of the Sith and Serenity were both released. Which is the better movie and which mad a fucking butt load of money hmm? Yes I know one was Star Wars etc...

I'm saying that these days the audience wants it's shiny. I mean come on Pacific Rim, really. I'm hoping it has a good story but OMG it's giant robots fighting giant monsters and everyone here is drawn to it. To me it looks like a 21st century Japanese monster flick and I'd much rather be watching Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan personally. Oh and I forgot Gamara.
What's funny is that among the people I know the older generation trends more to simple movies than the younger (late 20s - 30s) crowd.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Or Man of Steel could just be bad.

Sin City, 300, Dark Knight, Avengers, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen prove that people can make great super hero movies. Dark Knight and Avengers prove you can make a mass market awesome super hero movie. There's no excuse for this shit, especially from Snyder.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Wtf. I really enjoyed this flick, but I went in not expecting legendary cinema.

skalls_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed it. I didn't go in there expecting DKR quality. I left the theatre enjoying a good action hero flick.

Don't bother with eh 3d though. It added nothing to the movie.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
You give Zack Snyder $225,000,000 and a shot at the Super Man franchise you expect him to do something great with it.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's kind of what you'd expect from a Snyder movie. Visually it's amazing and while the writing/story probably could have been better it wasn't anything nearly as bad as like a Bay movie or something. A little disappointed, but that's on my unreasonable expectations more than it being a shit movie or something. It's a good solid entertaining movie, but it isn't really the masterpiece I was hoping it would be. At least in the future hopefully I'll remember that every trailer for a Snyder movie always makes it look amazing and will have more reasonable expectations. At least it wasn't Sucker Punch all over again.

Juvarisx

Florida
You give Zack Snyder $225,000,000 and a shot at the Super Man franchise you expect him to do something great with it.
Not really sure what you expected from a Zach Snyder movie based on what he has done in the past. I am seeing this tonight but everyone looks like a typical movie of his (great visuals, entertaining, typically close to source material used and stylized.) I never heard anyone praise 300 for its plot, but maybve they did and I don't remember. I don't need a critically acclaimed superman movie, i need an ENTERTAINING, well paced, decently acted, visually stunning superman movie. But that is just me.

Juvarisx

Florida
I loved Watchmen, his Dawn of the Dead and 300. Sucker Punch was something I tried hard to like but it just didn't work for me

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Expect an unneccesarily long cameo by Russell Crowe, a grim-dark emo superman, and boring marathon fight scenes with random loud noises to wake you up.

Also,

Super Man murders a guy.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rrr_img_30903.jpg