[manga] Everything Else

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You can read chapter's 1-42 for free here:
Yeah, I know. My feelings for Qidan/Webnovel are quite complicated. On one hand it's great that they try to bring properly licensed webnovels to the english speaking world, on the other hand they are ... the proper term is "dick move" I guess.

Literally going to translators and telling them: Hey, work for us and put your fan translation on our site as official translations and get money. And then it's just a pittance, especially compared to all the Patreon fan translators have (which I sometimes also find quite shady). If they don't agree they outright copy the translation over and put it behind a paywall and claim it's theirs.

Also, they don't care about copyright. From what I heard WuxiaWorld is the official copyright holder for "Sovereign of the Three Realms", which Qidan just outright copied, put it behind a paywall and refused to take it down.

Additionally they fucked over their authors with a new contract. The funniest thing in there is that they claim rights to the social media presence/accounts of the authors. Not a good look.

To end this on a lighter note, just have it known that this one is a masterpiece:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
new AoT... and it's getting weeeeeeird. I bet that's not even Eren's final form.

Chris

Potato del Grande
new AoT... and it's getting weeeeeeird. I bet that's not even Eren's final form.
I feel like the story has gone off the rails and it's dragging a bit now.

I haven't really enjoyed the whole Jaegarist thing but it's lost me since the rumbling happened, how many chapters do we need to steal a ship to catch up with Eren?

Also I totally forgot, what happened to Zeke?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anyone likes light novels, I have 1200 chapters available. They're all in .docx as well as .mobi format (for e-readers).

Download them here:
Overgeared Light Novels

Also, here's a link to read the Overgeared manga:

EDIT: I uploaded another 300 chapters to my drive. So now it's all 1200 currently translated.
I've been reading these for a while (and I LOVE the story). Tonight I finally caught up and have read 100% of the translated chapters. Chapter 1251 is the latest one, but I only uploaded up to chapter 1250. It'll be another 2 weeks before he translates up to chapter 1260, at which point I'll upload the next 10 chapters into .mobi format for ebooks.

This series is amazing, and I have no idea just how much they're still going to add to the story. Next, I have 4-5 other books that I purchased that I'll tear through, then I'll jump into Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. That series is already complete. It'll be a quicker one to go through (Only 551 chapters total)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is maybe the next hype thing after Solo Leveling:
If anyone likes reading, I made all 551 chapters (first chapter is 0) and made them into 10 chapter books and uploaded them. It's the light novel story that became the manga. Anyway, you can read 100% of it here:
Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint Light Novel

I have it as .mobi files for an E-Reader, and Word files if you want to use a computer instead.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Webtoons announced they were bringing over new series, including Omniscient Reader['s Viewpoint]. So I'm assuming that will slow/stop the translation (or it could have the reverse effect, who knows).

Full list:
TitleRelease DateGenre(s)
To Love Your EnemyAugust 6thDrama / Romance
Omniscient ReaderAugust 19thAction
MysticalAugust 23rdSupernatural / Romance
CovenantAugust 30thAction / Supernatural
Not So Shoujo RomanceSeptember 8thComedy / Romance
Love Me KnotSeptember 16thRomance / Drama
Suitor ArmorSeptember 18thFantasy / Romance
American Road TripSeptember 20thFamily Drama
The Remarried EmpressSeptember 22ndHistorical / Romance
Beetle HandsOctober 1stHorror / Thriller

I'll give at least 3 of them a shot... romance just isn't my style so there goes most of the list...

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Webtoons announced they were bringing over new series, including Omniscient Reader['s Viewpoint]. So I'm assuming that will slow/stop the translation (or it could have the reverse effect, who knows).

Full list:
TitleRelease DateGenre(s)
To Love Your EnemyAugust 6thDrama / Romance
Omniscient ReaderAugust 19thAction
MysticalAugust 23rdSupernatural / Romance
CovenantAugust 30thAction / Supernatural
Not So Shoujo RomanceSeptember 8thComedy / Romance
Love Me KnotSeptember 16thRomance / Drama
Suitor ArmorSeptember 18thFantasy / Romance
American Road TripSeptember 20thFamily Drama
The Remarried EmpressSeptember 22ndHistorical / Romance
Beetle HandsOctober 1stHorror / Thriller

I'll give at least 3 of them a shot... romance just isn't my style so there goes most of the list...
honestly who the fuck reads romance that has a cock? a lot of girls read romance webtoons, hell the top 10 webtoons are practically romance w/ TOG and GOHS just slipping in.

and no, i'm not saying the romance stuff is trash, obviously it has an audience, hell my wife reads a lot of it and shes even given coins to read ahead.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
honestly who the fuck reads romance that has a cock? a lot of girls read romance webtoons, hell the top 10 webtoons are practically romance w/ TOG and GOHS just slipping in.

and no, i'm not saying the romance stuff is trash, obviously it has an audience, hell my wife reads a lot of it and shes even given coins to read ahead.
this blows my mind. I couldn't stomach unordinary or w/e.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this blows my mind. I couldn't stomach unordinary or w/e.
i can tell you webtoons has an artificial push for romance/drama

theres no way these stats are not made up
7b9dd98d3bd31df644f04c00273b56c2.png
063aff9381ae86d2fe7ab1d686128d10.png

males in 20s and 30s and this garbage is top 10?

unless there are two generations of fags reading webtoons, and they skip TOG/GOHS/hardcore leveling warrior

unordinary is garbage, it probably ranks high b/c it's at least the best looking of this weird romance drama crap.

Chris

Potato del Grande
i can tell you webtoons has an artificial push for romance/drama

theres no way these stats are not made up
7b9dd98d3bd31df644f04c00273b56c2.png
063aff9381ae86d2fe7ab1d686128d10.png

males in 20s and 30s and this garbage is top 10?

unless there are two generations of fags reading webtoons, and they skip TOG/GOHS/hardcore leveling warrior

unordinary is garbage, it probably ranks high b/c it's at least the best looking of this weird romance drama crap.
Weebs are faggots, how are you surprised?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Weebs are faggots, how are you surprised?
webtoons is probably more used by actual koreans

you know they actually have a line friends store

line is the msg app for skorea, made by naver who also hosts webtoons
Capture-d%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran-2019-05-23-a%CC%80-14.42.06.png

they have a lot of stores actually, this is just the one with the huge bear, everyone takes a picture sitting on him

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To reinforce the point, for a westerner if you read a comic on webtoon you're visiting in a browser and likely don't even login to an account. So where are they pulling the demographic information from? Koreans who have the app and provide sex and birthday information. You're also specifically looking at series webtoons has and not the industry as a whole so the people who flock there are going to be skewed.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well, my first love/hate Korean webnovel got a manhua adaptation and the first chapter was translated:

Just like the webnovel it's a love/hate relationship for me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, my first love/hate Korean webnovel got a manhua adaptation and the first chapter was translated:

Just like the webnovel it's a love/hate relationship for me.
Why?

Also Solo Leveling is back.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It had a great premise with lots of interesting backstories, drama and slow burn romance where some of the potential romantic partners even grow more distant with time. Even interesting moral dilemmas. But around the introduction of the tower the power progression went nuts, and some interesting characters changed into tropes. Jin Sahyuk for example had a hate/hate relationship with the MC, but they couldn't kill each other. In the end she was reduced to a tsundere.

I guess the author ran out of ideas and couldn't stick the landing. World building at the beginning was top notch, though, with every faction having hidden motivations and skeletons in their closet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone use
lightnovelworld dot com?

looks nicely organized, i've stopped reading light novels... since covid started? but might use this site to keep track, or any other better ones?