[manga] Everything Else

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I never really paid too much attention to Gantz other then just quickly browsing a few chapters here and there. I started reading it last night and it is pretty decent most of the time. But jeezus christ the writer just can't think of anything else to make the characters appear vulnerable other then making them gun shy at the most inconvenient time. It's like holy shit I can't believe the readers actually put up with this shit for over 300 chapters lol.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
OH HELL NA. Baam ain't going to stand for this.

0034.jpg

Sarg_sl

shitlord
should spoiler that bro

but on the other hand, it's kind of been touched on already, he just doesn't entirely know of the plot behind it- the FUG guys hes with probably know, and thanks to the redhead, mr koon knows too. I'm hoping the old team gets back together, but considering how SIU always moves the plot in a unique direction in many cases, who knows how this will end up.

O_T

Trakanon Raider
ToG is the only manga I know of that the afterword by the author is pretty much required reading. Emile doesn't necessarily tell the truth. It gets it's answers from what other people have input into it, kinda like that website a few years back that could always guess what person you were thinking of after asking a certain number of questions. There's a good chance that that screen is flat out wrong, but I guess as long as Baam believes it shit will still go down.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
should spoiler that bro

but on the other hand, it's kind of been touched on already, he just doesn't entirely know of the plot behind it- the FUG guys hes with probably know, and thanks to the redhead, mr koon knows too. I'm hoping the old team gets back together, but considering how SIU always moves the plot in a unique direction in many cases, who knows how this will end up.
Reason why I didn't spoiler it is because people who are actually reading ToG are already caught up. It's just that good. lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
should spoiler that bro

I actually don't care for the old team, usually i do, but the new team seems to be a better fit for bamm. besides the old team knows him as the dead did, while the new team knows him as their viole.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screw Baam's new team (the team he spent the majority of this season with), it is basically just Baam carrying them. The contests with his old team were much more entertaining because they used actual strategy instead of Baam just brute forcing everything.

If you were talking about the FUG team, I just find them boring and have zero investment in any of the members outside of three. I think it would be much more interesting to have Baam go all out against FUG with his season one teammates.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
HUGE IPPO SPOILERS

Itagaki got his humbling first loss like every other character. Match was only 4 chapters so I guess they wanted to emphasis Itagaki had no chance going in. Now for Ippo to work his magic to show Itagaki how it's done.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
How did you get that information already? Itagaki is still fighting. Though, I do expect him to lose. Well, I hope he loses. ;p

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raw. MangaStream is really behind in the chapters at the moment. Something to do with the translator being busy with real life.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mangastream only puts a chapter out after another group has, I thought? Something about preventing lawsuits.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've looked online for translations...there are 3 or 4 chapters still not translated. Ugh. Mangastream is known for bringing out 3-4 chapters of Hajime no Ippo because of how slow they are. =\

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mangastream only puts a chapter out after another group has, I thought? Something about preventing lawsuits.
Think it's only that way with the big3. Because the big warehouse places (mangapanda) would always grab their release, and so the copyright claims would got ot manga stream. Check mangastream's twitter feed. a TON of the old tweets get removed for copyright notifications.

Also new TOG is stupid.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also new TOG is stupid.
I liked the ending but yeah in general TOG has gone down hill. The artist is drawing pages that are 3/4 blank with little happening at all. Dude could give kubo a run for his money in the non plot development department. So sad the first part of the series had so much promise. They should just put the original group back together again and start over or something. They had such a good dynamic.

I've actually started reading a couple of Chinese manhuas that are pretty good. Feng Shin Ji is my favorite manga right now, period. It's sword and sorcery, has great characters and a decent story. The artwork is all color and fucking amazing. They must have like a bunch of artists working in sweatshops to make the artwork for the series. It's a really good read and easy to get into. Egsans.org are scanlating them currently, apparently the series has already finished in China. The other manhua I have started reading is The Lawless not as good as Feng but a worthwhile read.

rrr_img_41573.jpg

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a series of spreads from one punch man. It's a gag manga. That was an entire chapter which consisted of pages that were meant to be animated. It's a remake of an old webcomic which had extremely rudimentary art work. Fen shen ji takes the top spot for me.