[Manga] One Piece - Spoilers up to the most recent Chapter.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone else pretty much skip everything that isn't Luffy beating some fool up?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Does anyone else pretty much skip everything that isn't Luffy beating some fool up?
I wanted to see more about the new marine guy and joker, but yeah, the rest of it is meh.
Though Luffy on the bull was hilarious. Then just oneshotting the giant like it was nbd.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wanted to see more about the new marine guy and joker, but yeah, the rest of it is meh.
Though Luffy on the bull was hilarious. Then just oneshotting the giant like it was nbd.
I touched on it a bit above. It feels like it deteriorates too much from the more interesting storylines. The pacing gets really messed up and it's hard to focus on new side characters especially. If you look at StarWars, the first movie had largely 1 plotline, whereas the first in the new trilogy had four (Jar-jar on the frontline, anakin flying around in space, obi-qui vs maul and amidala shenannigans in the palace) and it became painfully hard to follow everything, even though it's easier on a medium such as a movie. When there's 1 week span between every 20 pages of pictures, I get confused to hell

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the artist has to milk the shit out of the story even though he is already pretty much set for life. Hasn't the manga been going for over 10 years already? He has a set formula for each arc. Introduce whacky new characters, everyone gets separated, then they regroup at the end to fend off whatever army they are up against now.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the artist has to milk the shit out of the story even though he is already pretty much set for life. Hasn't the manga been going for over 10 years already? He has a set formula for each arc. Introduce whacky new characters, everyone gets separated, then they regroup at the end to fend off whatever army they are up against now.
^

Beating a dead horse, but after the time skip, the pacing has been painfully slow. It's been 116 chapters (that's 2 years guys) and the Strawhats barely travelled any distance in the new world. Oda only tease at the Strawhat crew's new powers, but we never fully see them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
scan up on mangapanda... wait for mangastream, will be soon.

This needs to wrap up :|

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know if the pace is to slows as some have stated of it they are trying to tell to many stories at once. Right now they have introduced so many new characters in such a short time span that it's not possible to focus on them all. If they would spend more time with Law, Doflamingo, and the tournament, and less time with the bullshit the rest of the crew are doing I would be happy, I have a feeling that there is going to be a big payoff somewhere from all this shit with Law though, I mean there has to be since if his plan works it should fuck up the new world apparently.

Then we can get down to brass tacks and focus on the Yonko, Blackbeard, and the Supernovas. Although, I was fine with the fishman arc being slower pace after the Battle of Marineford it's time to get this shit back in gear.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well Doflamingo is a Celestial Dragon, so I guess that pretty much makes him untouchable by pretty much everyone. This arc is starting to shape up into some major shit going down. Law seems like he is pretty much fucked and I don't think Zoro and Sanji can take on Donflamingo and the Admiral at the same time. I am sure something it going to happen during the finals in the tournament so that nobody wins the fruit at least not in the intended way.

Still I love how the story always seems to tie together in a decent enough way that I don't feel like it has been shoehorned and hammered in like Naruto or Bleach, only complaint is they don't come out faster.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty lame they didn't show the rest of the law/dof/navy dude fight but I guess Oda wants to keep the big fights for when Luffy and crew show up. The arena part if pretty lame and it was lame when fairy tail did it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Big fight!. Watch oda switch to the boring arena for the next five chapters and come back just as sanji is being defeated, never showing the fight haha.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, Flamingo's entire power seems to be defined now. I'm not sure how Law isn't just "Captain Badass" with his power. "Within this sphere, I am God" would basically mean nothing can hit you except Haki.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only explanation for this is Law has been sand bagging this whole time. Sadly most fights we have seem him involved with usually require someone else to do the heavy lifting. Like Smoker vs. Vergo, or Strawhat vs. Caesar. He is a Shibukai and one of the super Nova's so in theory he should be on par with Luffy, but the way the last chapter sounded he doesn't seem to give himself much of a chance vs Don Flamingo. It's also implied that Kaido could stomp Don Flamingo as well so who knows. It's like power levels in DBZ the so called strength of these people is to hard to keep track of anymore.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Er...just because he's Shichibukai, doesn't mean he's stronger than Luffy. IIRC, didn't he make a deal or something?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, first chapter where I just no longer give a shit. He needs to get his shit together and move his story along. He's been "reintroducing" the cast for 2 years, I would actually like to see them do shit beyond going on a wild goose chase.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, first chapter where I just no longer give a shit. He needs to get his shit together and move his story along. He's been "reintroducing" the cast for 2 years, I would actually like to see them do shit beyond going on a wild goose chase.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It's been 2 fucking years? Son of a bitch.