Marriage and the Power of Divorce

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
And clearly this is why I tank.

time-to-fap-meme.jpg

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just realized my 5th anniversary is in less than a month and I haven't planned shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our anniversaries are kind of whatever days because we got the kids and shit. Yeah we could get a sitter but we both sort of agreed that they're part of it so we try to do stuff together - and by together really we're doing stuff the kids like. This year we all hung out at the zoo.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
See yeah, the kids get 364 1/4 days a year. Our anniversary is the one day we get, and they can just enjoy themselves at their grand parents'

• 1Solidarity

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, I just rewatched that video and realized it came off a lot meaner than intended. I remembered the scene being funny, but it was pretty insulting.

My bad, Noodle.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I don't want any of this connected to me. People here can be shitbags. Also I've had people post pics of a cheerleader I worked with and Picasso zoomed into a pic I posted, cropped a pic of my wife and I and used it as his avatar

Come on the cheerleader was hot.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just realized my 5th anniversary is in less than a month and I haven't planned shit.

Plan for the long term, keep expectations low. Lotta dudes go balls out on anniversaries early in the marriage and that fucks them over down the road. You take your woman to disneyland for the 5th anniversary, then try to grill some hot dogs for the 15th; she's gunna get it in her head that the magic has died.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I agree. I think a good plan is to "forget" your first anniversary that way she'll be glad you even remembered any subsequent

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We lived together for so long that our wedding day didn't really feel like that big a deal. We've only been married I think 2.5 years now (or is it 3.5? uh oh) and usually we both forget our anniversary.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I try to do something nice for our anniversary, and my wife does, too. But more often it's something we plan together, like a weekend somewhere together. Though there are years where we do nothing for the anniversary, but that's typically a mutual decision, too. If I forgot completely, it would almost certainly because something huge was going on. I'm sure I'd catch no shit for it. Similarly if she forgot completely there would likely be a good reason. And even if not, who the fuck cares? We treat it as an excuse to fly to Paris for a long weekend without the kids. If that doesn't work out, we'll catch an opera in Chicago and get a room there for a night or something.

Anniversaries are not a big deal, but they're great excuses to get away and have wild, animal sex in a hotel in a foreign city.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Plan for the long term, keep expectations low. Lotta dudes go balls out on anniversaries early in the marriage and that fucks them over down the road. You take your woman to disneyland for the 5th anniversary, then try to grill some hot dogs for the 15th; she's gunna get it in her head that the magic has died.
We don't go crazy, but at least try to get something smallish we know the other has had their eye on and do dinner somewhere nice or that we really enjoy and don't go to often. This will be the first year w/ the baby I'll have to arrange a sitter, not a big deal as her family lives very close. Also, her birthday is a week and a half earlier.

She's a long time LA Kings fan, and we haven't been to a game in a while... think I'll grab tickets for some nice seats.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife has to deliver a wedding cake to the Chattanooga area, and we are taking full advantage of that and taking a autumn drive through the Smokies to Highlands NC, and up to Asheville, and back to home via I 40. Gonna be a fun mini getaway and hopefully we can bury the hatchet over some of this tension that has built up over the last month or two. Either way the fall foliage should be awesome.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fall is my favorite season until I remember all the trees empty into my fenced in yard

Yeah middle Tennessee is complete shit for landscape... it's hard to explain but the vegetation here really is ugly as hell. But even ugly trees lose their leaves, but I live on the edge of a farm with a farmer father in law who works for a hobby and always comes over with his tractor mower and a lawn vacuum in tow. Leaves just disappear one day while I'm at work.