Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So I'm getting my wife a vacuum cleaner for valentines day. I know it's a little unorthodox, but I think she's really going to like it. On an unrelated note, I was surprised at how many vacuum reviews have to include a qualifier like "for the money". I was like, fuck this I just want a vacuum that sucks harder than all other vacuums. Why you wanna limit me to a $100 price tag?

For the record I wound up with a dyson big ball pet + allergy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So I'm getting my wife a vacuum cleaner for valentines day. I know it's a little unorthodox, but I think she's really going to like it. On an unrelated note, I was surprised at how many vacuum reviews have to include a qualifier like "for the money". I was like, fuck this I just want a vacuum that sucks harder than all other vacuums. Why you wanna limit me to a $100 price tag?

For the record I wound up with a dyson big ball pet + allergy.
My GF and I have that one. It's a great product, but we've had a couple of issues where it will overheat. First time it did it, it wouldn't power back on. Had to send it to one of their plants to get it fixed. The good part was they covered the shipping there and back, and it was back within 48 hours. The bad part was it has overheated a second time, but it comes back on. Not sure what's up with it, so we just use it in shorter sprees, so to speak.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Last edited:

Khane

The top of page on that Dyson link has an ad to "Schedule deep cleaning with a pro".

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So it's a great product even though it doesn't work correctly? Not to derail the thread but I just can't help myself.

Dyson products are over-engineered, overpriced crap. You can always find a comparable product for much less.
It's overheated twice in over a year of use. So to me, that's not too bad, considering how powerful it is. But I see what you're saying. Also, we didn't pay full price for it. On sale + GF had some store credit, so /shrug.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I over-analyze and research products when I buy them and Dyson wasn't even on my radar

My MIL has one of those dumbass "fans" and I see no benefit

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I over-analyze and research products when I buy them and Dyson wasn't even on my radar

My MIL has one of those dumbass "fans" and I see no benefit

What did you come up with? The only reviews I saw that didn't have dyson 1 or 2 had qualifiers about cost.

I'm also going to need to know what's important to you in a vacuum. Do you have bad allergies or pets? Hell, I didn't think you have enough uncovered floor at your house to even run a vacuum.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What did you come up with? The only reviews I saw that didn't have dyson 1 or 2 had qualifiers about cost.

I'm also going to need to know what's important to you in a vacuum. Do you have bad allergies or pets? Hell, I didn't think you have enough uncovered floor at your house to even run a vacuum.
We got that thing the vacuum repair dude in reddit recommends. I can't even remember the name right now because we sold it when we got hardwood

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I stopped reading before my HIV turned to aids, but that guy isn't really down on the dysons. he even said dyson is best if you're stuck on bagless, which my wife is. Seems like his main complaints are that he doesn't like bagless and he thinks dyson used to be better. I think they all used to be better TBH.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I need a vacuum with a bag system that doesn't just explode everywhere when you take it off, or just gapes in the wind and blows "smoke" (dust) everywhere when you try to dispose of it carefully. It's big city dust we are talking about, so its on par with nuclear radiation.

Does the Kirby bag allow me to safely disconnect and dispose of the bag? I just need to be able to vacuum up a crazy insane amount of dust and safely toss it away. Apparently that is asking a lot. I've already destroyed 2 piece of shit Wal-mart vacuums because the bag system is just too cheaply designed and sloppy. Will consider sucking dick for a vacuum tip at this point. Just anything with a decent bag system will save my life.

My parents had a Kirby but 1) I don't remember anything about the bag, and 2) lot of money to drop for not a sure thing. I'm not looking to throw my 3rd vacuum of the year away.

Khane

Here's a great tip for all of life's necessities.

Don't shop at Wal-Mart.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users