Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Congratulations! I like the ring too.

Thanks! I inherited a ring from my grandmother when she passed a while back that had the gems in it. Loved the amethyst, but not the setting everything was in, so we tossed it over to my cousin who works at a jewelry store owned by a close family friend to get a new band/setting for it. Turned out pretty nicely. I got a nice sentimental piece and my man got to save some money.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wife and I are separating.

Past six months she's been distant. Avoiding. Short fused. Three weeks ago i got into it with her about it and she says she just doesn't see a future with us. She refused to make a decision about our relationship and withdrew even more. Tonight we agreed it's time for a break.

Time to figure out how this is going to work.

• 16Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Shit, I'm really sorry. That sucks badly. I hope some answers surface immediately, and a clear path forward becomes apparent.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shit she found out you were Canadian. Can only hide that shame for so long.

Good luck, hope it works out or ends as amicably as possible

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Past six months she's been distant. Avoiding. Short fused. Three weeks ago i got into it with her about it and she says she just doesn't see a future with us. She refused to make a decision about our relationship and withdrew even more. Tonight we agreed it's time for a break.

Well, any indication of why? Any background?

Whats your kids/property situation? Is that going to be complicated?

Do you want to hold on to her or are you like, fuck it?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Sorry to hear it, Bisi. Use this time wisely. Assume shit's going to go badly, and plan accordingly. If you have kids, do what you have to to take care of them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well, any indication of why? Any background?

Whats your kids/property situation? Is that going to be complicated?

Do you want to hold on to her or are you like, fuck it?

It seems to be just been a decent of disinterest on her end, which from my perspective was sparked when her best friend died suddenly back in Aug 2017. Entirely my opinion. She doesn't seem to want to talk about our relationship anymore.

Property: House with 150k left on mortgage. Prolly worth another 120k more than what we originally paid for it.

Kid: 5 year old boy, 9 year old girl. I can't even fathom living away from them. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

Complications: I've moved into the basement for the past three weeks :( ... we're not hating each other atm, but I can't promise it'll stay that way. We both work FT but I make more money. My contract is up tho, and not sure if I'll get a renewal. I've been looking for another jorb. So I'm kinda hoping to keep things steady until I can get my employment situation figured out for the next year. Sigh.

I'd like to work it out, but I ain't holdin' onto anyone who does not seem interested in working it out. *shrugs* My kids are all that matter in this.

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
At what point in this do I need to purchase a Jurassic Park truck?

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Fuck, man. I'm sorry to hear this. I know I'm a world away, but if I you need anything, let me know!

I'll start searching AutoTrader for the Jurrasic Park truck.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users