Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hard to believe that it doesn't go both ways though, with men overvaluing a small sliver of hot girls as well.

Oh for sure. Every guy with even a sliver of self confidence is going to take a swing at the 9 and email her, but ultimately he has to settle for less. The chick doesn't have to though.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Oh for sure. Every guy with even a sliver of self confidence is going to take a swing at the 9 and email her, but ultimately he has to settle for less. The chick doesn't have to though.

Why? Are there not an approximately equal number of males and females?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Notsureifserious.jpg

When the state/alimony replaces a male for meeting provisioning requirements, what incentive is there for a female to settle down with a guy?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And when sex is readily available what incentive is there for a man to settle down with a woman?

It's easy to argue from traditional points of view but the world is changing. Women aren't going to need a provider and aren't going to be raised to appraise those qualities in a male first and foremost. And men aren't going to need to play provider and protector and won't be raised to prize modesty and nurturing in a woman. The relationship dynamic is changing, people value different things now but videos like what you linked above focus solely on traditional gender roles and use data to feed their own confirmation bias. The amount of factors that guy completely ignores is staggering.

It's classic "Poor Me" syndrome. And I can tell you when I used dating apps I would "swipe right" a lot but that was because of laziness and casting a wide net rather than because I actually thought all those women were attractive and liked their profiles. I wasn't even paying attention to that. I would wait until I got a mutual match and then I would put the effort into seeing if I wanted to pursue them. Women might be more picky about that kind of thing for a variety of reasons. One being the sheer amount of attention they likely get and the possibility of upset little boys internet stalking them if they don't "like me for me". The idea that those OKC numbers are skewed purely because women are more arrogant than men is absurd.

Terms like THOT are just another way to compartmentalize women into a neat little box. Using idiotic terminology like that is a tell-tale sign of someone who cannot cope with rejection. And that's a bad thing because when there are as many options in the dating world as there are today there is going to be plenty of rejection.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Your post belies your lack of understanding of marriage.

It's not about procuring regular sex. I'm sure if I wanted to I could find plenty of sex with different people all the time. I have fantastic sex with my wife who has been doing me so long that she knows exactly what gets me off. She also knows when to change things up to keep things exciting. Sex is great in a marital context. Looking from the outside, thinking you're slaying mad pussy, I can see how you might think your sex life is better. I would postulate you're wrong. Are there marriages with bad sex? Sure. But a 20 year old relationship with frequent sex is way better than nailing different people at will. If you can't see that, then all I can do is shrug.

Further, marriage isn't about providing for someone financially. Well, it's not mostly about that. It's about being available emotionally, financially, and in every other way. And that's done with joy and with thanksgiving for the opportunity to be part of a relationship that enlarges your world and makes you better, and contributes something to society at large.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I think you completely misunderstood the point and content of my post. My initial sentence was a snide rebuttal to the above posters question and the rest of my post was commentary about the video that was posted previously.

I'm not sure how you got that I was somehow bragging about my sexual activity or deriding monogamy/marriage. But since we're on the topic...

Further, marriage isn't about providing for someone financially. Well, it's not mostly about that. It's about being available emotionally, financially, and in every other way. And that's done with joy and with thanksgiving for the opportunity to be part of a relationship that enlarges your world and makes you better, and contributes something to society at large.

Good lord you could be any more cliche and condescending?

• 1EyeRoll

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You and the condescending again. Sorry man. I'm not sorry for what I said. I wasn't being condescending, and I was speaking from experience, not from cliche. If you are this easily offended, you should likely evaluate why.

Also, try marriage before coming into the marriage thread and giving people advice about marriage. You coming in here with your comments like "I knew I was right about marriage!" is pretty condescending. But obviously you're above reproach, and everyone who has some contradictory position to yours is being condescending to you.

I promise to never engage you in this thread again. Your unique snowflake position obviously can't be questioned. Enjoy your entitled view from the outside.

• 1Like

Khane

This thread is about relationships not marriage, whether you like it or not. And your "I'm not condescending" post is rife with condescension.

You should work on your sense of humor if you think I was serious when I said "I knew I was right about marriage!". And you should really learn to read posts within the context they are made instead of letting your own personal bias against the poster trick you into going into auto-pilot when responding.

I'd like to thank you for "contributing something to society at large". I only wish I could do the same.

Last edited:

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I think you can look at and agree with the data and still have a totally different take. One , I'm not so far away from high school that I do remember that there is a much larger percentage of the male population compared to the female population that is gross. I'm not talking physically, I'm talking about basic personal hygenie. If I was a woman I wouldn't let a guy who hasn't mastered personal hygenie fuck me either.

Second we call women the fairer sex for a reason. I suspect if we had men rate men and women rate women we would still see the same discrepancy. So it's not some unrealistic view of beauty just our natural tastes tend to appraise women as more attractive on average.

Third and probably most importantly women see potential in guys. Guys don't tend to look at women as fixer uppers but there is definitely a significant portion of women that do look at men that way. There willing to give someone a chance because you teach him how to clean himself up, get rid of the GWAR tshirts and Metallica posters and get the guy on a decent career path and then she might have a partner she sees as equal. I was just making up an example, but woman seem to think they can help a guy improve past his flaws where guys seem to have a checklist that is either make or break.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Why? Are there not an approximately equal number of males and females?

I think attractive girls are far more common than attractive men.

PS: i worded this like 4 times to try to sound less gay each time.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think attractive girls are far more common than attractive men.

PS: i worded this like 4 times to try to sound less gay each time.
James-Franco-winking-GIF.gif

PS: That would make you more into women than men. But not completely. Gay Minor?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Notsureifserious.jpg

When the state/alimony replaces a male for meeting provisioning requirements, what incentive is there for a female to settle down with a guy?

If that is all you have to offer then I can see why you’re struggling.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Terms like THOT are just another way to compartmentalize women into a neat little box. Using idiotic terminology like that is a tell-tale sign of someone who cannot cope with rejection. And that's a bad thing because when there are as many options in the dating world as there are today there is going to be plenty of rejection.
Wait wait let’s not get too crazy

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think you can look at and agree with the data and still have a totally different take. One , I'm not so far away from high school that I do remember that there is a much larger percentage of the male population compared to the female population that is gross. I'm not talking physically, I'm talking about basic personal hygenie. If I was a woman I wouldn't let a guy who hasn't mastered personal hygenie fuck me either.

Second we call women the fairer sex for a reason. I suspect if we had men rate men and women rate women we would still see the same discrepancy. So it's not some unrealistic view of beauty just our natural tastes tend to appraise women as more attractive on average.

Third and probably most importantly women see potential in guys. Guys don't tend to look at women as fixer uppers but there is definitely a significant portion of women that do look at men that way. There willing to give someone a chance because you teach him how to clean himself up, get rid of the GWAR tshirts and Metallica posters and get the guy on a decent career path and then she might have a partner she sees as equal. I was just making up an example, but woman seem to think they can help a guy improve past his flaws where guys seem to have a checklist that is either make or break.
This is a spot on example