Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah I don’t get the cruel thing either, not just relationships, but even places like here. I’ve never understood treating or talking to someone any other way than I’d like to be treated/talked to. Sadly not everyone is built that way and in relationships I’ve learned sometimes it’s about taking what you can get and that’s about it.

Clearly we’re better off without those people, but it’s still hard when you have what you consider great memories. You look back on that vacation now and see she used you for a free trip...but you also still have all the fun memories you had and thought were genuine and real. Our mind likes to play those cruel jokes on us for sure.

Get back out there Big P. Hard to believe it’s been a year since you guys split, time flies. Are you trying to date or just cruising tinder for kicks?

If you weren't such a ruptured anal cyst you'd understand it, douche bag.

I'm just kidding, I love you Tarrant. I don't get the cruelty, either.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You think you've seen cruel? I'll show you cruel.

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You think you've seen cruel? I'll show you cruel.

qhsUCdV.gif

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Clearly we’re better off without those people, but it’s still hard when you have what you consider great memories. You look back on that vacation now and see she used you for a free trip...but you also still have all the fun memories you had and thought were genuine and real. Our mind likes to play those cruel jokes on us for sure.
Oh yeah. Never once since we broke up did I ever wish for her back or hoped things could have turned out differently as I realized what a terrible partner she was and any future with her would of been horrible. Yet still those unpleasant feelings came back for a short while. Annoying indeed.

Speaking of tainted memories Hawaii. We where there for 8 days and she was in the water for a grand total of maybe 30 minutes(was actually pretty shitty seeing lots of couple snorkeling together while she sat in hotel room or on the beach)? Yet she joined the Navy specifically because she said she loved the water. That always made me go wtf, especially when Navy reservists dont ever deploy on ships, only to land based assignments.

Get back out there Big P. Hard to believe it’s been a year since you guys split, time flies. Are you trying to date or just cruising tinder for kicks?
Just screwing around. My mom will probably be moving into my house next month for a few months since her landlord is selling the condo shes in and not renewing the lease, so that will put a damper on legit dating for a few months.

Sucks but just means Ill be in even better shape by the time I jump back into dating. Down 27 pounds since Febuary and with lifting starting to get some nice definition.[/quote]

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Haha, when I went to Hawaii a couple months ago I saw the same thing. My friends been dating a girl 6 months, and we live in AZ but she talks constantly about how much she loves the ocean, what a great swimmer she is, and how her dad was a professional diver and she grew up in the water. So my buddy spends like $600 on snorkel gear for the two of them, and we all talk about how we are going to be in the water 24/7.

Cut to Hawaii, 2 weeks of vacation, I probably did 50 hours of snorkeling, my girl probably did 40. My friends? He was in the water 2-3 hours tops, and she was in for all of 10 minutes. The water was too cold, the surf was too much (we were on the big island, like 2 foot waves on beaches), she didn't feel good, etc. etc.

My buddies face about 90% of that trip was like puppy who had been kicked, just sad and confused.

The entire plane ride back she talked about how amazing the island was and how they should move there. My girl and I were just sneak enrolling each other, my buddy is looking at property like an idiot.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Haha, when I went to Hawaii a couple months ago I saw the same thing. My friends been dating a girl 6 months, and we live in AZ but she talks constantly about how much she loves the ocean, what a great swimmer she is, and how her dad was a professional diver and she grew up in the water. So my buddy spends like $600 on snorkel gear for the two of them, and we all talk about how we are going to be in the water 24/7.

Cut to Hawaii, 2 weeks of vacation, I probably did 50 hours of snorkeling, my girl probably did 40. My friends? He was in the water 2-3 hours tops, and she was in for all of 10 minutes. The water was too cold, the surf was too much (we were on the big island, like 2 foot waves on beaches), she didn't feel good, etc. etc.

My buddies face about 90% of that trip was like puppy who had been kicked, just sad and confused.

The entire plane ride back she talked about how amazing the island was and how they should move there. My girl and I were just sneak enrolling each other, my buddy is looking at property like an idiot.
Well, he COULD be looking at dino trucks.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like a year ago I posted here about my abusive, paranoid wife blaming me for awful terrible untrue things, called cops etc

I wasn't able to get out despite all the advice here.

Tonight I left. Sitting in a shitty motel with my young child

I don't feel triumphant, miss independent. All evidence supports my decision. But it feels fucking terrible. Right now at least.
Child is all about it tho.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Good luck, man. I hope you find a good way forward for you and your kid. Glad you're able to finally get out of an abusive situation.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Good move, day 1 is the worst. It gets slightly less worse each day, even when you were right in the first place.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Have you spoken to a lawyer yet? Because you should have done that before doing anything.

I anal but you might be at risk for kidnapping charges. And leaving the home could put you at risk for losing everything.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you spoken to a lawyer yet? Because you should have done that before doing anything.

I anal but you might be at risk for kidnapping charges. And leaving the home could put you at risk for losing everything.
I have emergency protection order with do not contact from magistrate
They have given me ok to move about with child
Footage of her threatening to attack/ stab/ mutilate/ kill me in sleep
Pictures of damage she has done to house
Etc

Awake now after two hours sleep. Like a Dumas thinking about crawling back etc

Before sleeping, 4yo told me to get rid of my sadness, tomorrow, we'll build a girl robot

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Please don't give into the emotional chemical mess in your brain right now. Be the rock for your child that they will need.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
straight on till sunrise. you are doing the right thing. sunrise might be 2 years from now, but trust the heading.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Best of luck to you, man. You’re heading in the right direction and you’re doing what’s best for your kid. Keep it up, it’ll get better over time.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've successfully extended the protective order and secured a dummy address required for gov't paperwork. Talked next steps with counselor and purchased some items I didn't grab in the mad dash. Canceled credit cards I mistakenly left behind. Settled and closed joint accounts.
Remote logged into my accounts and closed all opened at other locations

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users