Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I keep reading that thread and my suspicious nature prevents me from being able to enjoy it at all.

Man, its well established that I'm gullible and all that, but I believe that entire train wreck and here is why. I have two cousins that I knew up until I was maybe 8 years old. A couple of years before then, their dad (my moms brother) had killed a family in a drunk driving accident, and he went to jail. Well, he gets out a couple of years later, and tries to come home, but his wife has moved on, never took the kids to visit him or anything. She won't let him in and he leaves, gets drunk, comes back and starts shooting a gun at the house from the street. His own god damn kids are in there. Cops come, he goes back to jail, and the kids trashy mom takes them to live in California.

Cut to a a 3 years ago, where I get a Facebook message out of the blue from a girl asking if I'm her cousin. Turns out its one of these two, I chat and add her as a friend. The next day her brother adds me too. I look at their profiles and... wowzers. His is 100% dedicated to A.) his love of weed, and B.) him asking people to give him money because he is trying to get his youtube streamer business (lol?) off the ground. Her's is tons of pictures of her dressed super slutty at parties. Like, every one looks like she is dressed for a halloween party, like a white nightie with a halo or some shit. I basically conclude they both seem to be living garbage people lives.

Little did I know. It turns out she's had 2 kids that were taken away, and the amount of times she has posted something like "The lord helps those that help themselves <3" with a selfie, only to have HER FRIENDS post shit like "Classy pic w ur track marks u fuckin junkie" and her saying "shut ur hore mouth if you even can with darrens dick in it or was it franks this week bitch?" etc etc etc.

Every single post written by Trex and Tyen look exactly like every single post written by my junkie trash cousins on Facebook. You read it and can't even follow what they are trying to say half the time because of all the trash slang and sentence fragments. I've been seeing these posts randomly for a few years now, and every time I see one of these idiots post I know that reading it will make think less of humanity in general.

That's how that Donkey thread is, its just one big long cousin message. I want to believe its all make believe, but in my gut I think its very, very real.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Hope over to the donkey thread and feel 100% better.

Dealt with her the first time around, that stuff is not my bag anymore, this is the internet.

I came here for opinions but I spend my time living in the real world these days whenever possible.

I will drink with my coworkers and friends, work to get my Purple Belt, and keep swiping right hoping for another beautiful funny intellegent Engineer/STEM type with wild sex appeal.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Holy crap I didn't even know Kegkilla was part of that whole drama at the beginning of this year, seriously its an internet forum what the fuck?

I'm falling out of touch with this mentality.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Case in point: one of my friends seems to have no problem meeting girls, he just started a relationship, but he keeps girls on the side and apparently theyre ok with this.

Up until a couple months ago, he didnt have a job and smoked weed all the time and was renting a room from his friends mom.

And I'm sitting here, working 40+ hours a week at a job i fucking hate, trying to get back on my feet financially, doing basically what everyone tells me i need to be doing and i cant even get a fucking date? It drives me up a fucking wall.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sounds like you have a pretty serious confidence problem and women see right through that. Not sure what advice to give other than what your friends and others have already said in this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wow working 40+ hours a week? Sounds like you're really burning the candle at both ends. That must be really hard on you.

Sarcasm always seems to work well for me with women.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Case in point: one of my friends seems to have no problem meeting girls, he just started a relationship, but he keeps girls on the side and apparently theyre ok with this.

Up until a couple months ago, he didnt have a job and smoked weed all the time and was renting a room from his friends mom.

And I'm sitting here, working 40+ hours a week at a job i fucking hate, trying to get back on my feet financially, doing basically what everyone tells me i need to be doing and i cant even get a fucking date? It drives me up a fucking wall.

You should probably keep feeling sorry for yourself, women love that.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Clean your room, bro. Make a plan, get a better job, get a hobby you enjoy, learn a new skill, go hiking, etc. Do something other than wallow in your misery and be unhappy you aren't getting a date. That shit will come, but not if you're sitting around doing that shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

You should prioritize finding a job you don't hate. I worked for 10 years at two jobs I loathed and I was pretty miserable because of it. I love the company I've been at the last 6 years and it's made all the difference in the world, for my mental well-being.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Wow working 40+ hours a week? Sounds like you're really burning the candle at both ends. That must be really hard on you.

Sarcasm always seems to work well for me with women.

You trying to get into TheNozz's panties?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Browsing okcupid, come across a womans profile where she has a few amazing cosplay pictures;

2958639071877873932.jpeg

30079828_195958984463250_8553538596752064512_n.jpg

Then I read her profile;

Terrible times were living in bros.

I don't get what's wrong with being bisexual and polyamorous. You are acting like she said she identified as an attack helicopter.

You're putting off the wrong signals. I can't help with that on a forum, i'd have to see how you actually handle yourself. Maybe you can do some reading on body language though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's not the 80s anymore. Though it is considerably higher than straight dudes. Which is practically nil.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not the 80s anymore. Though it is considerably higher than straight dudes. Which is practically nil.

I've never checked into numbers in gay communities vs straight vs white vs black etc etc etc but...

Pretty much everyone who is sexually active and has had more than one sexual partner has had HPV at some point in their life. Most strains are completely benign and most people never even show symptoms.

STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)

An estimated 1 in 6 people aged 14-49 have Herpes, with many people showing symptoms so minor they mistake it for pimples or never even notice it.

STD Facts - Genital Herpes

STI's are a lot more prevalent than most people think.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well considering gay black men are on track that 50% of them will contract aids/hiv in their lifetimes, id say its pretty idiotic to have a partner that plays for that team.

Either way polyamory is a laughable concept. Its nothing more than people who cant form stable, healthy relationships trying to make their side fuck buddies/FWBs more sophisticated than they actually are.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't get what's wrong with being bisexual and polyamorous. You are acting like she said she identified as an attack helicopter.

Don't like people that can't make up their mind!

• 1Like

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Age 36
Currently working for the city of Long Beach
The last date I set up was through Plenty of Fish. I'm into anime and cosplay; I go to cons and that's typically where I try to find women with similar interests to ask out in person. Otherwise, I try to use online dating options.

But it really doesnt seem to matter who I ask out:
Doesn't seem to matter if it's women with no similar interests or women with identical interests, political and religious beliefs.
Women who are 9s or 10s or women who are 5s and 6s
I've asked out women who have dated men with lots of money and status but then have dated guys who didnt work and still lived at home.
I've had women tell me that, when I was working for Uber, that wasn't a real job but then had the hots for my friend who was a stoner who didn't even have a part time job.
I've known a couple of women who will date guys that have no jobs and that they support, and that those guys are horribly verbally abusive towards them.

I'm honestly feeling like I'm being judged with a separate set of criteria from other men.
Wait, Long Beach California?