Marriage and the Power of Divorce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Seriously. Work to live, not live to work.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Did some basic Google, but can't find a good comparison between Oregon and Texas divorce laws...

Any suggestions?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sort of.

I'm in Texas. Wife in Arkansas. She has job offers in Texas and in Oregon.

Don't want worst case to be unexpected.

All my searches have come up as Texas is about as good as it gets for dads, Oregon is... Well, yeah

Last edited:

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Wanted to post an update. So after my divorce....I had basically lost. Not in any court but in everything that mattered to me I was effectively disconnected from my kids. I was living in another state do to a job and had zero communication with my sons.

Approximately a year ago it came to ahead one night, I told my EX that no judge would deny me at least routine phone calls with my kids. The EX put my older son on the phone where he told me if I drug them into court he would never talk to me again and that he would hate me.

I was basically resolved at that point that I wouldn't have a good relationship with my kids, atleast not while they lived with my EX. It was really burning me up inside. Especially the idea that she was turning my kids into ingrates and would be the kind of adults that I wouldn't want to be around. I considered taking her to court anyway but didn't relish the idea of putting my kids into a traumatic situation in court.

So begining of October of last year I get a call from one of the EXs friends telling me that she is considering pawing my oldest son off on her parents. My EX has a terrible relationship with her parents so I was panicked. I immediately started to look for any cracks. I had been monitoring their school progress but I contacted each of their teachers for a direct review. Honestly both my sons were doing excellent. They are in a prestigious STEM school and the teachers had nothing but glowing remarks. They are both extremely well behaved.

So I decided , basically fucK it, I need to go all in. Take my EX to court, despite what my oldest son had told me. I was planning for that to start at the beginning of this year. But before I really started getting rolling on that I had called my EX in the beginning of December to let her know I would be in town the last week of December and she asked me if I would like to take my oldest son.

I was absolutely amazed, I can't describe how stunned I was when she asked me. I said yes of course and my son did come with me in December. I was sure something was going to go wrong before then but it didn't.

Everything has been great with him living with me. He really loves the school he is going to now, he made new friends. He lives within walking distance of the new school and they allow him to go home for lunch. I also live 5 minutes drive from my work and we eat lunch together 4 days a week. (His buddies and him get the pizza lunch special on Tuesdays )

I just can't describe how much happier I am than I was last time this year. I still need to figure out how to reestablish communication with my younger son. My older son takes after me personality wise my younger son takes after his mother. I feel at this point I need to mend the relationship with the EX atleast to the point where we can talk to each other, then things will change.

• 18Like
  • 13Solidarity
Reactions: 30 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
That's sad.

I mean, yeah, but I work so far from home that even leaving at 5 I wouldn't see my family most nights anyway..

So why not grind at it while I still can, and advance? I started here 2 and a half years ago as a level 1 tech, and am now director. The asshole of a boss who hired me now reports to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you dig your job good for you. I like what I do, but I like my vacations more.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well there is a time and place for that shit. Most people in their 20s work their asses off, advancing and taking better jobs to further their careers. I know I did. But now in my mid 40s I could give a shit about overtime and all that other shit. I set myself up 12 yrs ago with a job thats 10 min from my house, and I rarely work more than 30-35 hrs per week. Plus great bennies and 1.2 months off vacation. You work hard and smart in your 20s to set yourself up in your 30s+

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well there is a time and place for that shit. Most people in their 20s work their asses off, advancing and taking better jobs to further their careers. I know I did. But now in my mid 40s I could give a shit about overtime and all that other shit. I set myself up 12 yrs ago with a job thats 10 min from my house, and I rarely work more than 30-35 hrs per week. Plus great bennies and 1.2 months off vacation. You work hard and smart in your 20s to set yourself up in your 30s+
Well, I just turned 30 a couple weeks ago.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So whats the consensus on the best dating website/app? From my experience;

Tinder - Unless you look like an underwear model, an utter dumpster fire. 50% of the profiles are either fake/scammers or just thots advertising their ig/sc(for what reason who knows), and 75% of the rest are either single mothers with 3 kids or retards with snakes or some other equally retarded design tattooed across their tits. Picking the 10-15% worthwhile out of the 90% trash is basically like picking a needle out of a haystack, a gated haystack.

Coffee Meets Bagel - Significantly better selection compared to Tinder but it is monumentally gated to the point of uselessness. Im only getting shown 4-5 profiles a day and if the woman is remotely attractive, it tells you it will be 7+ days before they see yours. What the fuck is the point?

Bumble - cuck garbage, havent used it as they dont like it if you hold firearms in profile pics.

Hinge - does anybody even use it? Ive had 1 match and the woman never responded.

Okcupid - Seems the best overall, but still have to weed out the single mothers(using filters is completely pointless as half of the people dont select kids or no kids in their profile) and retards with cats tattooed on their tits. They are also trying to turn it into Tinder for whatever god awful reason. Their search algorithm is very fucky.

Plenty of Fish - Havent used in forever, but did have success back in the day with it. From what Ive heard though its turned into an even worse dumpster fire with refugees from CL flooding it.

These are my observations as an average looking guy with an average looking income. What have you single bros been using and found works the best?

Good to see you are no longer sporting the horns.

It depends what your standards are, and it appears you have reasonable standards which include no titty tattoos or kids. Here's the problem bro, and it's become universal to all the sites. Any semi-normal chick that is a 6+ simply gets fucking hounded to the point where their egos have become so inflamed, they are all looking for "successful (aka rich), fit, and 6'+". You can *somewhat* overcome this with the right icebreakers, but even then it's tough. Then you have a whole slew of chicks that aren't even looking to seriously date, but rack up suitor count simply to feel good about themselves.

Online dating used to be pretty good before it went mainstream, but now it's turned every half decent looking "curvy 5'0 " into a narcissistic twat that expects to date Brad Pitt. The difference in responses I get to emails simply by jacking up my income is astounding.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It depends what your standards are, and it appears you have reasonable standards which include no titty tattoos or kids. Here's the problem bro, and it's become universal to all the sites. Any semi-normal chick that is a 6+ simply gets fucking hounded to the point where their egos have become so inflamed, they are all looking for "successful (aka rich), fit, and 6'+". You can *somewhat* overcome this with the right icebreakers, but even then it's tough. Then you have a whole slew of chicks that aren't even looking to seriously date, but rack up suitor count simply to feel good about themselves.

Online dating used to be pretty good before it went mainstream, but now it's turned every half decent looking "curvy 5'0 " into a narcissistic twat that expects to date Brad Pitt. The difference in responses I get to emails simply by jacking up my income is astounding.
Basically the conclusion ive come to as well. Seems like if you are just an average dude youre drowned(in terms of looks and income) out by the billion other thirsty degenerates and women have easy access to the thor lookalikes and doctors.

Hilarious note my number was banned from Tinder today. Changed my description to be a parody of all female profiles that are basically the same. One line I had was literally just said "venmo me money". Account and number was banned within the hour. The wtf part is ive seen female profiles stay up for days or weeks descriptions of nothing more than that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Basically the conclusion ive come to as well. Seems like if you are just an average dude youre drowned(in terms of looks and income) out by the billion other thirsty degenerates and women have easy access to the thor lookalikes and doctors.

Hilarious note my number was banned from Tinder today. Changed my description to be a parody of all female profiles that are basically the same. One line I had was literally just said "venmo me money". Account and number was banned within the hour. The wtf part is ive seen female profiles stay up for days or weeks descriptions of nothing more than that.

Yeah, I mean I can't find the study, but something like 80%+ of chicks simply filter out anybody under 6'0"+ and make less than them, or less than 80k+ a year.

My favorite are the forty something successful broads looking for a guy around their age that need to make more than them. So you're a 45 year old chick making 250K a year, and you're looking for a guy that makes the same or more, and is 6'0"+? Guess what honey, 6'2" dudes making 300K a year don't date 45 year old chicks..

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If this turns into the "Marriage and the Power of Single Guys Commiserating" thread I'm out!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm just waiting for the inevitable evolution into Marriage and the Power of Sexbots. If I can have my Lucy Liu-bot before I die, I will die happy.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I mean I can't find the study, but something like 80%+ of chicks simply filter out anybody under 6'0"+ and make less than them, or less than 80k+ a year.

My favorite are the forty something successful broads looking for a guy around their age that need to make more than them. So you're a 45 year old chick making 250K a year, and you're looking for a guy that makes the same or more, and is 6'0"+? Guess what honey, 6'2" dudes making 300K a year don't date 45 year old chicks..

Hard to believe that it doesn't go both ways though, with men overvaluing a small sliver of hot girls as well.