Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Married 15 years today and I am still very much in love and pretty damn happy.

EDIT: Ah shit Conefed, I feel like an ass posting that right below you. Sorry bro!

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Married 15 years today and I am still very much in love and pretty damn happy.

EDIT: Ah shit Conefed, I feel like an ass posting that right below you. Sorry bro!
Believe me. I really wanted it to work. I grew up with a dozen folks that married two weeks after meeting and stayed until death.
I did a gentleman's effort at virginity, despite being my school's version of the Fonze - because I believed in holding out for the one; I bought into it fully.
"Love is all you need" ... not true.
I expected hardship, I knew about the "old married couple" trope - I figured what I was enduring was noble - the tough stuff is what marriage is for; that MM quote
And to a chagrin of those here I held on, for honor and duty
I wanted to be the light in her world of darkness. Instead she convinced herself, year after year after episode after narrative that I was actually the source of darkness that needed to be vanquished

Her father and brother have since both thanked me for my service and have given me their blessing.

Edit: and to reiterate, my resolve, my decisions are due to no lack of love or happiness

Edit 2: I remain appreciative of those who do make it, like yourself.
I was inexperienced and made major assumptions - I didn't properly vet

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Believe me. I really wanted it to work. I grew up with a dozen folks that married two weeks after meeting and stayed until death.
I did a gentleman's effort at virginity, despite being quite popular
I expected hardship
And to a chagrin of those here I still held on, for honor and duty
I wanted to be the light in her world of darkness. Instead she convinced herself, year after year after episode after narrative that I was actually the source of darkness that needed to be vanquished

Her father and brother have since both thanked me for my service and have given me their blessing.

Edit: and to reiterate, my resolve, my decisions are due to no lack of love or happiness

Edit 2: I remain appreciative of those who do make it, like yourself.
I was inexperienced and made major assumptions - I didn't properly vet

GL bro. You're doing the right thing, as you know. Don't lose your ability to trust but you are definitely prepared for the next time however long that may be. My wife is a direct result of a bunch of shitty previous relationships. Going on 18 years so I hope you find a keeper

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

This part right here I’m sure we have all been there. Some people just aren’t going to see the bright side or good intentions in anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm feeling bad
Yes I got the lion's share but it wasn't a positive experience
And she lied her fucking ass off, under oath, with no rebuttals

Tldr;
Because I waited until I finished my work assignment before submitting the protection order, I look like the faker. Protection is dropped. She keeps the house, she gets joint custody. She gets every other weekend. I drop off and pick up.

Ps: still homeless. The place I called at 4:10 was somehow sold when we called again at 5 to tell them we were on the way with paperwork - birth certificates, paystubs, and etc still at her house

• 2Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dropped him off at her mother's - he must be with her and not the mother alone - I had expected to then with house free of wife, be able to go in and get my things. They denied permission - a court granted power - still a bit in limbo without my things.
I want my computer, not only do I have projects and files hard saved and not to the cloud, with auto forms, she technically has access to everything except my bank, including this site.
Which is why I haven't been hiveminding strategies

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If her parents are somewhat in your camp can you get them to talk some sense into her or at least stop her from going complete scorched earth?

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
If her parents are somewhat in your camp can you get them to talk some sense into her or at least stop her from going complete scorched earth?
That's what my lawyer suggested

Before she threatened my life with believable intent, one of the faulty reasons for staying with her was thinking, "If she's bad now, she'll be fucking toxic terrible worse if I leave, and if I do leave, that corruption will fall onto child during shared visits and just make my life hell. "

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sorry you're going through all this, Cone, but it's definitely for the best. Good luck with everything.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
That's what my lawyer suggested

Before she threatened my life with believable intent, one of the faulty reasons for staying with her was thinking, "If she's bad now, she'll be fucking toxic terrible worse if I leave, and if I do leave, that corruption will fall onto child during shared visits and just make my life hell. "

Keep your head up and keep moving forward. I have read your last few posts and you are doing what’s best for your kid. Keep thinking like that. It’s a long slow process but document everything. You will come out on top.

• 1Like

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Okay, question what's the deal with dick pics. I just don't get the mentality that sending a dick pic will close the deal. Someone explain, please?

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Okay, question what's the deal with dick pics. I just don't get the mentality that sending a dick pic will close the deal. Someone explain, please?
For me, it was the girl. The thrill. Excitement. Risk. Ultimately it's pretty dumb. Unsolicited, is a whole other thing. Can't speak for every woman, but those that wanted it, or rather, accepted it, were willing for a lot more than just pictures. Before cams were a thing, I had a video cam and capture card, and streamed over dialup. Apparently it was pretty hot at the time when I couldn't be on site to take care of business. Immaturity, lack of funds, significantly change this scenario.

If you have a monster dong, it may lure in easy opportunities. But I'm decidedly average, so can't say. It's easy enough getting laid...

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they're already resigned to not getting the deal closed, so they're settling for the next best thing - their own thrill / jollies.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
For me, it was the girl. The thrill. Excitement. Risk. Ultimately it's pretty dumb. Unsolicited, is a whole other thing. Can't speak for every woman, but those that wanted it, or rather, accepted it, were willing for a lot more than just pictures. Before cams were a thing, I had a video cam and capture card, and streamed over dialup. Apparently it was pretty hot at the time when I couldn't be on site to take care of business. Immaturity, lack of funds, significantly change this scenario.

If you have a monster dong, it may lure in easy opportunities. But I'm decidedly average, so can't say. It's easy enough getting laid...
I'm talking the unsolicited kind. Because apparently there is a tsunami of unsolicited dick picks going on.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dick pics must work on some subgroup of women. Every Tinder/Bumble date I've ever been on has had this as a topic of conversation as "what's the deal". So I guess the kinda girls I attract/target aren't into that kinda thing. But it seems all girls receive them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like