Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My friend has 50/50 custody and they alternate holidays each year. 1 year with the kids, next year without.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have 4 siblings, all married with kids. 19 people in one place to celebrate christmas. Be flexible and celebrate it when you have your kid, who cares if it's exactly on the 25th?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I was told the standard for custody here now for 50/50 is something called 5/2/2/5. Each parent gets 2 weekdays permanently...for her it's Mon/Tues, I get Wed/Thurs. Then you alternate every other weekend, so you get the kids for 5 days, then she gets them for 2, then you 2, then them 5. They said it's less disruptive for kids and they go less time without seeing the other parent.

I'm inclined to agree. The kids having set days means they build a routine, they know where they will be in the future easily, and 5 days without your kids is hard enough, no reason to make it 7.

Then simply alternate holidays. Just go with whomever's day is the holiday for the first year. So, Thanksgiving was mine because it's Thursday, next year it will be mom's. Halloween was mine because it was Wednesday, next year will be mom's.

It's not a bad system.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have 4 siblings, all married with kids. 19 people in one place to celebrate christmas. Be flexible and celebrate it when you have your kid, who cares if it's exactly on the 25th?

This. I actually conceded Christmas to my ex wife in place we celebrate Christmas over new years and it's always worked out great.

Other than that we alternate holidays like Thanksgiving and Easter. Lesser ones are play it by ear, we have an agreement to alternate those too but it's never been an issue if one of us is like "hey you mind if yadda yadda yadda?".

Splitting the day sounds awful and to me leads to more issues than not, more so with the kids ability to have a stable environment. On top of that what happens in the future when one of you wants to spend a holiday traveling...you can never have a vacation holiday for the rest of your kids live? That sounds pretty crappy for not only the parents, eventual new families but the kid as well.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The out of state thing kind of throws it off... When I was a kid, my mom always got us Christmas Eve because her family had a Christmas Eve tradition. Then we'd wake up, do presents Christmas morning and my dad would pick us up early afternoon and we'd do his family's Christmas day / dinner tradition. My brother and I enjoyed it that way.

If I ever got divorced I'd be in your shoes though... So I guess I'd either just make a late Christmas tradition or do the every other year thing.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I changed the master password so she couldn’t get into it. My passwords are also in there. I didn’t change her passwords. And I am broke, I can’t pay the deductible. She cashed out her retirement stuff and has been saving to be able to buy a house and that’s why she wants the separation agreement, so I can’t claim it as marital property when this shit goes to court.

And I absolutely will not harm her. I’ve never hurt her and never will.

Thanks for all the advice about getting a lawyer. My question though was about her claim of being extorted. I already know I need a lawyer.

Just give her all her passwords and keep the service. Or take your passwords out and give her the service. Either way, give your passwords, don't be an infant.

And there will be no court battle if you have no money. Just the two of you screwing each other over if you can't learn to be adults. I can afford to fight over shit like this, you cannot. Grow up!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just leave it for when she's on top. Put your hands around her neck with no pressure and let her lean into it as hard or as softly as she likes.
Legit best advice I've read in this thread. Practical and fun!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Legit best advice I've read in this thread. Practical and fun!

Also, some women are just into the pressure, in which case you can just put your hands on the sides of their neck under their ears.

No real threat, but still makes them feel like there is.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Also, some women are just into the pressure, in which case you can just put your hands on the sides of their neck under their ears.

No real threat, but still makes them feel like there is.
My gf puts some light pressure on my neck when we do the missh. I've been thinking it was a hint since she likes the spanks but maybe she was giving me the opportunity for some light Carradine action. The more you know!

Hosix

All labs matter!
I was told the standard for custody here now for 50/50 is something called 5/2/2/5. Each parent gets 2 weekdays permanently...for her it's Mon/Tues, I get Wed/Thurs. Then you alternate every other weekend, so you get the kids for 5 days, then she gets them for 2, then you 2, then them 5. They said it's less disruptive for kids and they go less time without seeing the other parent.

I'm inclined to agree. The kids having set days means they build a routine, they know where they will be in the future easily, and 5 days without your kids is hard enough, no reason to make it 7.

Then simply alternate holidays. Just go with whomever's day is the holiday for the first year. So, Thanksgiving was mine because it's Thursday, next year it will be mom's. Halloween was mine because it was Wednesday, next year will be mom's.

It's not a bad system.

My ex and I do this schedule. It works.

Splitting holidays sounds like a complete shit show. Don’t do that.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My gf puts some light pressure on my neck when we do the missh. I've been thinking it was a hint since she likes the spanks but maybe she was giving me the opportunity for some light Carradine action. The more you know!

She wants you to appropriate Lanx Lanx culture and show her your kung fu?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, this was the last straw. Couples counselor pointed out that when my wife talks to me, she doesn’t have any respect for what I say.
They are mine without a doubt.

Why do you have no doubt?
Why do you think she faked periods? I mean that in both senses, as in what evidence do you have and why would she do it?
Who's idea was it to have an open marriage? Both the first time and the second time (or however many times there were).
Who or what is RHCP?
Why are you throwing around terms like gaslighting and narcissism? Did you pull them out of your ass or did they come from somewhere?
Why do you think you have a right to her credit report and estate account? What do you think you'll find there?

And finally, in everything I just read I don't see where you gave her a reason to respect you or what you say. Respect is earned. It sounds like you let her wipe her feet on you. Your best bet is to tell her you didn't mean it and don't want her to leave.

Give her your FOH password when she takes your computer so she can give us a final update.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Respect is earned. It sounds like you let her wipe her feet on you. Your best bet is to tell her you didn't mean it and don't want her to leave.

I've been thinking something along these lines, but it sorta seems like a catch 22 cause she damn sure isn't gonna respect him at all going forward even if they did successfully patch their disaster back together.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I've been thinking something along these lines, but it sorta seems like a catch 22 cause she damn sure isn't gonna respect him at all going forward even if they did successfully patch their disaster back together.

Yeah, that wouldn't earn him any respect, and that wasn't my goal. I don't think the next girl will respect him either. It's his best bet because then he still gets to see his girls and doesn't live in a cardboard box.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Why do you have no doubt?
Why do you think she faked periods? I mean that in both senses, as in what evidence do you have and why would she do it?
Who's idea was it to have an open marriage? Both the first time and the second time (or however many times there were).
Who or what is RHCP?
Why are you throwing around terms like gaslighting and narcissism? Did you pull them out of your ass or did they come from somewhere?
Why do you think you have a right to her credit report and estate account? What do you think you'll find there?

And finally, in everything I just read I don't see where you gave her a reason to respect you or what you say. Respect is earned. It sounds like you let her wipe her feet on you. Your best bet is to tell her you didn't mean it and don't want her to leave.

Give her your FOH password when she takes your computer so she can give us a final update.

My big dick internet lawyers tell me not to answer those questions.

• 2Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
My big dick internet lawyers tell me not to answer those questions.

Yeah well I've been negging those faggots so you can ignore them.

Tell me or I will deliver your text document to your ex and future wife.

On an unrelated note, can we get a pic of her so we can decide if she's worth keeping?

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Yeah well I've been negging those faggots so you can ignore them.

Tell me or I will deliver your text document to your ex and future wife.

On an unrelated note, can we get a pic of her so we can decide if she's worth keeping?

A good approximation is Melissa McCarthy.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
McCarthy is kinda cute. Is your wife as funny?

• 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users