Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My wife and I are going to be vacationing in an area where weed is fully legal. I mentioned wanting to try an edible. This is more for her than me as I'm hoping it will help with her pain management, but I'm genuinely curious myself, having only smoked it once.

She mentioned that her mother has been making edibles for years. I'm hesitant to first-time-try edibles from an amateur, it seems like asking for trouble. On top of that, her cooking skills aren't exactly the best and I feel like would affect this too. And it's not fully legal where she lives, so I have no idea what her source is. Am I just being overly cautious here?

For your 1st time I would 100% try it where it is legal and start with 5mg. Eat it with something fatty, this helps it get into your system faster. I would also wait at least 2 hours before trying more assuming you are feeling something and you like that something. If you don;t feel anything after 2 hours then wait another hour. Yes, my advice is on the cautious conservative side, but that is only because I want you have a good experience. I suggest staying away from anything homemade until you are very comfortable with edibles.

As far as pain management check out CBD Massage Oils, they are legit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I used to make edibles in college all the time. It's a pretty simple volume ratio to estimate potency. How much weed did you use to make the oil/butter and how much was that distributed over whatever food item? We talking a batch of brownies, eight cookies, 12 cookies? Also potency of the weed matters a ton but we always used shit quality weed for edibles. That's a waste of premium bud.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit has become legal here in MI but getting the licenses and shit out to the distributors has taken some time I dont think we have any stores here open yet, except for the medical dispensaries which were legalized few years back but supposedly they are coming soon. Product is already appearing though, like edibles and stuff like that except you still have to get them through back channels and shit or medical dispensaries. I have a buddy of a buddy that actually supplies the medical dispensaries so its pretty easy to get the shit for me at least. Prices are still expensive though. $100-$120 for oz. But the quality is also way up too, so there is that. No longer do we have mexican brown. But nice nuggets of goodness.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m in Michigan, the wife gets her edibles for $5 each. Again those are either 50 or 100mg’s. I dunno if it’s the same high or not but that route seems much cheaper

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Even if it’s federally legal , employers can still screen for it and deny employment over it if they want.

Example: a health group/hospital here screens for nicotine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even if it’s federally legal , employers can still screen for it and deny employment over it if they want.

Example: a health group/hospital here screens for nicotine.
What's the basis? Is it because the staff should be models of health or something?

Raytheon had to send out urgent emails when it was legalized telling us even though our state legalized it we weren't allowed. Maybe my kids will grow up in a less puritanical world

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem with MJ testing is they need new methods of testing other than the old piss tests and the like which essentially show your use for the last month or even more if yorue a habitual user. They need a test which detirmines if your high at that moment, at work, not if you go home at night and smoke a blunt on your own time. Its the same for alcohol really, Of course you dont want drunks at your workplace right? But you dont give a shit if they go home and drink some beers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What's the basis? Is it because the staff should be models of health or something?

Raytheon had to send out urgent emails when it was legalized telling us even though our state legalized it we weren't allowed. Maybe my kids will grow up in a less puritanical world

You dont want a high doctor or nurse poking you with sharp shit?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well my work screens for nic too, they give you bigger insurance premiums (almost double bi-weekly) if youre a nic user.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also my work did the random thing too. Supposedly it was all about insurance costs for the company. And rightfully so because 3/4 of our company is plant workers making plastic parts for autos.

But when MI legalized, something changed. I dont think they are screening anymore at out MI office. For one they used to have a yearly dude come up and give us the anti drug awareness speech, and last time he was up he did his other speeches about workplace violence, and other shit, but he never did the drug one.

But were also in the process of merging wth some other company, name change, etc too, so this could have ahd an effect on our drug testing policy. Soo, who the fuck knows. I stilldont somoke because Its a risk I cant afford to lose my job ,lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyway, all this drug policy did is make me drink more alcohol now than I ever did. Which could be argued is way fucking worse for you as insurance (your health) and actual work is concerned. I dont remember ever coming to work all hung over on weed before fucking up my performance as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When negotiating contracts with a client they threw some bullshit into the contract about requiring drug tests for all employees of the vendor company. We noped the fuck out of that clause. No joke every employee except for maybe three in our office would fail that.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyway, all this drug policy did is make me drink more alcohol now than I ever did. Which could be argued is way fucking worse for you as insurance (your health) and actual work is concerned. I dont remember ever coming to work all hung over on weed before fucking up my performance as well.
Yeah, I don't think you even need to argue it. Alcohol is worse than weed in every way.

iannis

Musty Nester
You infuse butter with the leaves. Thc is fat soluble.

It's legitimately hard to fuck up pot brownies.

I'd trust the mother in law more than some store bought box, tbh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You infuse butter with the leaves. Thc is fat soluble.

It's legitimately hard to fuck up pot brownies.

I'd trust the mother in law more than some store bought box, tbh.

I don't know man. They got that shit down. I can't believe how lax and corporate it's become. We have weed sports bars now. Billboard ads for weed delivery services. Music festivals have weed vendors next to the wine and beer. It's 99 steps beyond social acceptance. Invest in Phillip Morris now because that shit is gonna blow up come federal legalization.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user