Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Anyway, all this drug policy did is make me drink more alcohol now than I ever did. Which could be argued is way fucking worse for you as insurance (your health) and actual work is concerned. I dont remember ever coming to work all hung over on weed before fucking up my performance as well.

Yeah this. I've been a daily toker for like 20 years and probably have more accumulated unused sick/vacation days over the years than anybody at my company. There was a three month period where I couldn't smoke because of a rumored impending drug test (changing insurance carriers) and I just switched to drinking alcohol at night. Felt like such crap each morning and put on ten pounds of beer belly over that period.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I can be drug tested at any time for any reason. Drug free is the way to be
just say no
give them the cold shoulder
always got dat clean pee

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Because she is going to get a dance partner. And you better hope and pray, that it turns out to be a super gay flamboyant dude. And then she is going to spend lots of times with this guy, close to him, touching him, feeling him.

If you are not going to dance, BE THERE at least.

If you are the kind of guy who likes their wife to go to parties by herself and rub and dance with other guys, that is cool too, I'm not judging.

Weren't you the guy whose wife got mad at him cuz he was jerking it in the other room and told her to wait?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
For your 1st time I would 100% try it where it is legal and start with 5mg. Eat it with something fatty, this helps it get into your system faster. I would also wait at least 2 hours before trying more assuming you are feeling something and you like that something. If you don;t feel anything after 2 hours then wait another hour. Yes, my advice is on the cautious conservative side, but that is only because I want you have a good experience. I suggest staying away from anything homemade until you are very comfortable with edibles.

As far as pain management check out CBD Massage Oils, they are legit.

This is solid first time advice

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It's also a different experience between eaten and smoked. It metabolises differently when it goes through the gut. The lungs provide a direct pathway to the bloodstream, when you eat it the pathway goes through your entire digestive system. What that results in is a more prolonged but qualitatively different effect of the drug.

If the issue is pain management I suspect that smoked will be more effective for acute pain, eaten more effective for lingering chronic pain. She's got fibro, right?

A few cookies a day might just take the edge off, no shit.

Edit: I am assuming that the mother in law is NOT a degenerate deadhead trying to get her own daughter super-duper-mr.hanky-high. If she's been baking with pot for more than a few months... its not like it's exceptionally complex. I mean all cooking is science, true... but... it's science that you can do with intuition.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Next weekend is college orientation for my son - my daughter will be one of the orientation leaders and she and my wife have volunteered us to be on the parent panel. Wife and I get to field questions from the parents of the new students.

I don’t mind talking in front of a group, but there’s always the temptation to get even with the wife for signing me up for stuff. Guess I won’t tell these poor souls that yes, most of your kids are going to drink, fuck like rabbits and generally do everything but what you sent them here to do for the first semester.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Next weekend is college orientation for my son - my daughter will be one of the orientation leaders and she and my wife have volunteered us to be on the parent panel. Wife and I get to field questions from the parents of the new students.

I don’t mind talking in front of a group, but there’s always the temptation to get even with the wife for signing me up for stuff. Guess I won’t tell these poor souls that yes, most of your kids are going to drink, fuck like rabbits and generally do everything but what you sent them here to do for the first semester.

Sticking with the drug derail....serve edibles to everyone. Enjoy.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was straight edge before it became a thing. Tried not to be though. Just turned out alcohol has no effect on me, and I suck at weed. Tried the edibles route, since I don't smoke anything. 2 out of 3 experiments it did nothing for me. Last one I was paranoid for days afterwards. I'm good, man. You can have my share.

• 1EyeRoll

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Or they might do what I did and spend the vast majority of freshman year in Azeroth. BWL wasn't gonna clear itself!

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
These days, I drink on the weekends and every once in a while I smoke some pot. In my teens and 20s, though? Forget it. I did everything under the sun. Glad to have come out the other side relatively healthy and normal.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't drink much at all or do drugs. I might have a handful of cocktails throughout the year. That's why if I go hard I get white girl wasted and wake up in the hospital.. but that's another story.

Prodigal you should be real with them and tell them 75% of the kids are going to drop out first semester, and another 10% are going to drop out and not tell their parents and continue to go somewhere during the day lying to their parents that they're going to school.

My brother in law did that.. I warned the family that he's definitely not enrolled (couldn't answer simple questions like what classes he was taking), but they never believed me. Until the truth fell hard on the floor.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't fathom what a non-drinking life would be like. I stopped drinking for a month a little over a year ago just to try it out. Realized how much drinking plays a role in almost everything I do socially.

• 1Solidarity

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Or they might do what I did and spend the vast majority of freshman year in Azeroth. BWL wasn't gonna clear itself!

Damn I’m old, I was playing Pools of Radiance on my C64 my freshman year of college.

First year of college cured me of any desire to use drugs, but I do drink on occasion, more so lately as my job has been hell.

As for dropping truth bombs at the panel - they’re looking for us to reassure them that their kids are going to be ok. I mean, they probably will be ok, eventually, right?