Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's not silly. I'll be mad at both, but I don't care about him. Do you even know what it's like to be jealous?

I mean...you're asking that of a guy who had two kids with someone and after 8 years of being together, got married, sold his MtG collection for over 30k to put down on a house, only to have her get pregnant 6 months later with twins from the guy she was sleeping with and take said house.

So, yeah. Probably.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean...you're asking that of a guy who had two kids with someone and after 8 years of being together, got married, sold his MtG collection for over 30k to put down on a house, only to have her get pregnant 6 months later with twins from the guy she was sleeping with and take said house.

So, yeah. Probably.

Holy shit. A $30k MTG collection? Did you take a picture of it? I can't imagine how many cards that must have been.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean if you weren't mad at the guy on some level that's kind of weird too. I can totally see myself shooting a dude with his dick in my wife.

• 1Trump
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
1 heavy played black lotus.

No, I had 1 Alpha and 2 Betas. Back in 2007 though they weren't the crazy prices they are now. Which makes it sting that much more. Back then the Betas were probably $400-$500 only. I had 3 full sets of power 9 and was going for a 4th at the time.

During the Onslaught Block, I won an invite to the Pro Tour where I woulda got thrashed I'm sure, but I gave that up on account of my then-fiance didn't want me doing it. I was pretty hard into it.

Edit: I think I had an Unlimted one too, but I can't recall for sure. I try not to think to hard on it anymore, I see the prices of those cards now and I get angrier at that these days then what she did. lol

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean if you weren't mad at the guy on some level that's kind of weird too. I can totally see myself shooting a dude with his dick in my wife.

I'm not invested in that guy, I didn't marry him, I didn't give him my trust, I didn't have kids with him. My wife is the one that betrayed me, not that dude. I mean, I don't like him, but I'm not angry at him.

He's a shit stepdad, that's where my disdain from him truly comes from at this point. My kids hate him.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not invested in that guy, I didn't marry him, I didn't give him my trust, I didn't have kids with him. My wife is the one that betrayed me, not that dude. I mean, I don't like him, but I'm not angry at him.

He's a shit stepdad, that's where my disdain from him truly comes from at this point. My kids hate him.

There are far too many single women in this world to sleep with another man's wife. Would you sleep with another man's wife? After all, you didn't make him any promises!

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There are far too many single women in this world to sleep with another man's wife. Would you sleep with another man's wife? After all, you didn't make him any promises!

Well, for one, you assume the guy knows shes married.

Second, there are lots of things I wouldn't do that other people do. Being mad at everyone who has a different moral code than me sounds exhausting.

If a woman you're married to cared so little about you to cheat on you, not caring what impact it would have on you (of your family if there is one) then she's the one that deserves your anger, all of your anger. If it wasn't that dude, it woulda been another guy, or some other guy...or in some cases, all three guys. Be pissed at the person deserving of it, the one that betrayed you.

I'm not saying don't have negative feelings for the guy, but saying you're going to go physically harm him is silly. All that anger is better focused on the actual person that was the actual one to hurt you and gave no fucks while doing it.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

They're equally culpable. You were making it sound like you were willing to absolve him of any malfeasance in the act.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's important to Tarrant that he not think about it too much, because really he should have murdered them both and it's never too late for that.

• 2Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They're equally culpable. You were making it sound like you were willing to absolve him of any malfeasance in the act.

I mean I literally said you can have negative feelings about the guy, but again put more words in my mouth I guess.

all I’m saying is reserve the appropriate anger for the person who truly deserve it, the person who betrayed you, your trust and your family.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think it's important to Tarrant that he not think about it too much, because really he should have murdered them both and it's never too late for that.

at this point I’m more upset about my magic cards. Lol

my wife was a cheater, didn’t matter who the person was it was gonna happen regardless, and it was multiple people. I didn’t even care to find out who they all were, she’s the one that cheated so she’s the one that deserved whatever I was feeling about it.

the act of cheating I got over quickly, I wasn’t about to let someone who cared so little about me impact my mental well being for too long.

• 1Like

Khane

So that quote, "being mad at the guy is silly" actually meant "Yea, be mad at the guy, just don't shoot him, because shooting him is silly".

the act of cheating I got over quickly, I wasn’t about to let someone who cared so little about me impact my mental well being for too long.

This actually makes sense and is probably the best way, for your own personal happiness, to think about the situation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
because I place blame where on those who should be held accountable? Naw.
You're saying the guy doesn't need to be held accountable but I'd be willing to bet any dude trying to slam my wife would know she's married. But then again it's not like she's going out all the time

Izo

Tranny Chaser
because I place blame where on those who should be held accountable? Naw.
No because you got cucked and you lost your most prized possession in the process, and you seem unwilling to deal with in a way that involves primal behavior. Repressing it perhaps? Plausible. You always dismiss whatever one says anyway. That’s fine. Just curious dude, I’m not a shrink.