Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, I'd get used to that music. My wife's parents have that kind of shit on at their house 24/7. Paris by Night, Don Ho, etc... wait until her family wants you to sing karaoke with them in mandarin! Haha
Can confirm the same with vietnamese/thais. Blast that sappy asian music 24/7.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well just think you can play that sappy Chinese music for your kid someday and tell him he was conceived to this song....er one of these... err they all sound the same.
Oh thank god it wasn’t that MLTR song. Actually she was playing some guzheng music on Friday night when we were going to sleep, which I dig. This, uh, incident…occurred with no music in the AM.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Oh thank god it wasn’t that MLTR song. Actually she was playing some guzheng music on Friday night when we were going to sleep, which I dig. This, uh, incident…occurred with no music in the AM.

This is the one that always sticks in my mind... from a very good movie way back when. But holy shit if I had to listen to this music I would stab people.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

This is the one that always sticks in my mind... from a very good movie way back when. But holy shit if I had to listen to this music I would stab people.
Oh god no, not with that singing. She was playing instrumental only guzheng music.

That is substantially awful.

She was playing stuff like this:

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Oh god no, not with that singing. She was playing instrumental only guzheng music.

On the one hand, her voice is pretty impressive on a technical level. But it sounds like farm animals being tortured in terms of what she's actually singing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Guzheng, daiko drums, shamisen, shakuhachi are all good things to hit youtube for once in a while. Good music.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wedding weekend in Napa was nice. Lots of sleeping together, pictures, meeting friends, unhealthy food, and talking. We’re now talking about moving in together *next year* if things continue the way they are. Talking like a few months into 2023…so that would be going on 1.5 years of knowing each other by then. Which is legit. It’s nice we’re on the same page and she is in no rush for anything.
Only reason to move in is the last stage of vetting before marriage. A few years at least.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Only reason to move in is the last stage of vetting before marriage. A few years at least.
I don’t disagree in theory, but every situation is different. I know a lot of people who have moved in together and got married after 1-2 years successfully. I have “essentially” lived with two women before after about that time. I mean this in the sense that we were together 5-6-7 days a week but still owned our own houses. Not exactly the same I realize but close enough.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My wife's circle of friends consists of about a dozen Russian speaking women from Russia and various other former Soviet countries. From Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, etc. But mostly from Russia and Ukraine. More than half of them were married but only like three of them have any children. They are all in late twenties (youngest) to late 30s (oldest). So my wife goes to a brunch thing with the ladies that she does from time to time.

I do not go to these obviously. But she comes back home all freaked out. So I shit you not, 4 of them got divorced or are in the process of at nearly the same fucking time and another one had a bad breakup with some guy but she actually got to the point where even I had met the guy (he seemed cool enough I guess).

I honestly thought this was hilarious. She is all "IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER IS IT SPRING DIVORCE SEASON!?" Now I know some of you assholes will say I should worry or something but nah. Shit was just funny.

Tell her that she should be worried and it is tradition on the USA to exchange your 40 year old wife, for a couple of 20 year old ones. It is tradition after all.

PS: If she puts a curse on you, it is not my fault.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Two things:

One, she started her period two days ago. So we’re clear there - I knew it was coming up soon which is why I wasn’t particularly worried, very low rate of possible pregnancy at that juncture.

Second, she brought up this morning when she goes back to China for the first time in five (six?) years next year she’d like me to come and meet her family. 😬 That’s a ways off, and there’s still lots of uncertainty about timing, ongoing Corona issues in China, etc. But I was like wow, yeah, sure, that would be great. Again, one of those things where she wants to wait another six months or more before making any solid plan to do so, we’re not off buying our tickets today. But rather the sentiment of testing me to see if I liked the idea.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I guess it would depend what is the socioeconomic condition of the family and frankly maybe you should wait after getting married before embarking in a travel across the world to a hostile country.

Not to mention it is a lot better to be introduced as "father this my husband paul" vs "father this is my boyfriend paul"

Also being married does help a bit with certain things in a foreign country, and if God forbid anything happens, she is your wife, vs she is just a girlfriend.

• 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I guess it would depend what is the socioeconomic condition of the family and frankly maybe you should wait after getting married before embarking in a travel across the world to a hostile country.

Not to mention it is a lot better to be introduced as "father this my husband paul" vs "father this is my boyfriend paul"

Also being married does help a bit with certain things in a foreign country, and if God forbid anything happens, she is your wife, vs she is just a girlfriend.
- socioeconomics of her family doesn’t matter
- marriage has nothing to do with just visiting them and they’d probably be insulted if we *were* married without meeting first
- hostile country. 😂 I’ve traveled a ton, this is fine and would be fun just on regular travel merits
- It’s China, not Iraq. We don’t need to be married to visit together. Get a grip

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Of course it matters. I did a similar trip after married, where I went to the equivalent of a favela in another country to visit my wife's father and grandparents..
Do you actually think I had fun? Surrounded by so much poverty and me being the one with money that sticks out like a sore thumb.
We went to a nearby resort and we had to evacuate at night our room and go to the other side of the hotel because legit drug dealers setup shop for the night and were doing an all night party.
Of course it matters to your safety if you are going to stay at walled city or on a nice area.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
- socioeconomics of her family doesn’t matter
- marriage has nothing to do with just visiting them and they’d probably be insulted if we *were* married without meeting first
- hostile country. 😂 I’ve traveled a ton, this is fine and would be fun just on regular travel merits
- It’s China, not Iraq. We don’t need to be married to visit together. Get a grip
Don't talk to the potatoes. It makes them think they are people.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Of course it matters. I did a similar trip after married, where I went to the equivalent of a favela in another country to visit my wife's father and grandparents..
Do you actually think I had fun? Surrounded by so much poverty and me being the one with money that sticks out like a sore thumb.
We went to a nearby resort and we had to evacuate at night our room and go to the other side of the hotel because legit drug dealers setup shop for the night and were doing an all night party.
Of course it matters to your safety if you are going to stay at walled city or on a nice area.
I thought your wife was Cuban too?

Latin American country?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Panama.
We visited Colon which is the second largest city and where one of the Panama Canal outlets is.
Her family members work in the actual canal on the tugboats that tow the boat into the Miraflores Lock

1654007297884.png

We got to sit on the towboat that is on that picture and witness the whole process of the ship going in and out of the lock.

but then the actual city looks like this

1654007395658.png

And some areas of the city are completely ran down

1654007486907.png

So yeah, it does matter what the particular circustance of his future in laws is, as that will affect your travel.