Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If shes in her mid 30s kids isn't in the cards for her. If that's what you want go look elsewhere.

Come on you know about fertility stats.

What stats could you possibly be referring too?

1655244644927.png

Attachments

• 1655244546268.png
    1655244546268.png
    656.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If shes in her mid 30s kids isn't in the cards for her. If that's what you want go look elsewhere.
I'll let my kid I had when my wife was 37 know that he's not in the cards.

And no, he's not retarded.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

I hear you and I am happy that your kid is not Corky.

1655245662389.png

I honestly thought it was a higher percent than this after 35.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I wasn't supposed to be in the cards. My mother had me at 34 all while only having one ovary.

Reality is pregnancy becomes significantly harder for women past their mid 30s. That's not something to ignore.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I wasn't supposed to be in the cards. My mother had me at 34 all while only having one ovary.

Reality is pregnancy becomes significantly harder for women past their mid 30s. That's not something to ignore.
It's becoming the norm.

It's not age alone

Dance Dancing GIF

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I do think her partying a lot in her 20s to early 30s may have caused her to not explore herself as much and now she's actually figuring out who she is and what she wants (maybe?).

I've run into women like that before in their mid to late 30s, an event like a previous marriage or other circumstances prevented them from developing an identity, so they spend their 30s being free to develop and explore that identity. The idea of having a family I'm sure puts a dampener on that self-exploration and why those type of women become resistant to the idea of it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't post here very often but kind of at a loss for my situation and looking for genuine advice.

I've been with this woman since May 2020, she's in her mid 30s. We dated for a small bit, moved in together December 2020, then I moved out/broke up with her in Sept 2021. Talked off and on afterwards, I felt super bad that she was so sad about us breaking up, and kept in contact with her. We started seeing each other again early 2022 and have been spending every weekend with her since.

She's a super nice person, thoughtful, caring, close to her family, successful. When we're together we just watch TV, play video games, hike, or travel. But the one thing that bugs me, and has always bugged me, is that I feel like I can't talk to her. She's not very forward with her feelings or expressive, I always have to pry it out of her and we never really have anything to talk about but just small talk. She holds a lot of her emotions in and she starts to cry when I want to have more serious conversations about us. I told her since the beginning I was interested in having a family and settling down but she never really talks about that, she says she wants to travel before having a family. In the two years I've known her, she's never really expressed any real desire to have a family but said she does want one eventually (at her age I just find that weird).

From what I know about myself is that I find a deeper connection with people that I can converse with, about anything. Whether it's politics, science, mysteries of the universe, or whatever. When we moved in together, I really felt the void in that type of activity and it created resentment on my side that built up until I moved out.

I guess it just feels weird to me to have someone that is ideal, but that you can't really connect and have meaningful conversations with. The company is nice and pleasant, but that's it. I honestly feel selfish for wanting more and keep circling back to there being something wrong with me. I've talked to her about this issue multiple times but she never really has anything to say. I'm at a loss for what to do because I don't want to waste anymore of her time or my time by being together if this something that will certainly be a roadblock in the future, but I also don't want to make a mistake and leave her again if it's ultimately a problem with me that I haven't figured out yet.

Any suggestions?
Cut your losses and move on. If she won't communicate that's always going to be an issue. If she is really planning to have kids and is in her 30s she needs to be trying hard like right now. Otherwise it probably isn't happening.

• 2Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

"More difficult" does not equate to "not in the cards."

You said something stupid, you can walk it back and just take the L. It's okay.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I hear you and I am happy that your kid is not Corky.

View attachment 417129

I honestly thought it was a higher percent than this after 35.
I'm pretty sure the general population is that stupid regardless, so I'm not sure I put too much faith in those stats. They are tracking downs syndrome but the actual retards out there are way more prevalent than that.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Couple of things.

It is the luck of the draw to have a kid with issues. However the odds get higher after a certain age, so you should NOT plan to have kids that late.

She wants to marry and travel the world? Or she just want to travel the world with you as her sex outlet/emotional support, and does not want a family?

I guess you and her have different ideas of what marriage is and what is the role of kids on it. This by itself sounds like an incompatibility.

She wants to travel until what? until she visits every country? What need is she trying to satiate by travelling? It must be very cool to visit the pyramids or the sixteenth chapel, but no one will be a better person for traveling to xyz place.

It reads like a wierd role reversal when the guy is the one finding excuses not to marry, but continuing to get the pussy.

I won't place too much emphasis on the not sharing feelings, maybe she is just wired that way. I would place more emphasis on the incompatibility relationship and what each one of you want out of life. You wants kids, she wants a fully stamped passport.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure the general population is that stupid regardless, so I'm not sure I put too much faith in those stats. They are tracking downs syndrome but the actual retards out there are way more prevalent than that.

Amen Brother!

Citation needed?
This Board

It must be very cool to visit the pyramids or the sixteenth chapel, but no one will be a better person for traveling to xyz place.

Not true, I know my experiences traveling in my 20s had an impact for the better on how I see and interact with the world.

• 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Couple of things.

It is a the luck of the draw to have a kid with issues. However the odds get higher after a certain age, so you should NOT plan to have kids that late.

She wants to marry and travel the world? Or she just want to travel the world with you as her sex outlet/emotional support, and does not want a family?

I guess you and her have different ideas of what marriage is and what is the role of kids on it. This by itself sounds like an incompatibility.

She wants to travel until what? until she visits every country? What need is she trying to satiate by travelling? It must be very cool to visit the pyramids or the sixteenth chapel, but no one will be a better person for traveling to xyz place.

It reads like a wierd role reversal when the guy is the one finding excuses not to marry, but continuing to get the pussy.

I won't place too much emphasis on the not sharing feelings, maybe she is just wired that way. I would place more emphasis on the incompatibility relationship and what each one of you want out of life. You wants kids, she wants a fully stamped passport.

After we broke up last September, she spent 2 months working remote across Europe. When she came back and we started talking again this year, she still brought up the travel excuse for putting off on the family stuff lol. She said she wants to wait a year. I mean she's been to a lot of places before me, and never provided an answer to how much more travelling she wants to do. I think it's more about me not putting my foot down at this point and giving her too much leeway because she's a nice person...

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
She is a man... who wants to travel and slay pussy.
Imagine her as having a Bike and riding into the sunset with a cool jacket, and you on the town asking "why cant you stay here with me?" and she replies " I was born to roam, i cant stay baby"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand the the mentality behind thinking you can't travel if you have kids. I travelled extensively with small children. My son had a passport before he even turned 1 and had been to 5 different countries before his second birthday.
It definitely does depend on the kind of travelling you want to do I suppose. I have never been interested in drinking myself into a coma every night or climbing everest, so that kind of travel would definitely be harder with children.
For me, I just pushed a pram around imperial city, held hands to keep grubby fingers off the statues in uffizi and walked around batu caves wearing a babybjorn. It added to the experience for me, having a growing family with me. The wide eyed enthusiasm of children makes it more exciting.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Well enough bitching from me, this has been a rewarding experience and thank you to everyone for your advice and support.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity