Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Absolutely sucks being kicked in the balls like that, your loyalty and kindness being utterly shit on in such a manner. Devote your life to someone for years and what do you get for it? Regret and trust issues. I wouldnt take it too personal though, you can be a great partner to some people and they will still betray you regardless. Its just their nature.

Next month or so will suck but youll get past it. You will come to realize this woman wasnt what you wanted(she was leading you on about kids) and while the cheating was horrible, you dodged a massive bullet. In time you will be free to find someone who is right for you.

This is why you dont ignore those red flags at the start of dating. They almost always turn out to be the telltale signs of bad things to come. She had substance abuse/psych issues and that was the perfect angle for some simp fuck to graduate from shoulder to cry on to dick to ride on.

Get a prescription for ambien, that will knock your ass out at night.

Thanks for the words and advice, though I think I'm going to find an alternative to ambien.

It gets better. In all regards.

When you're a dude making good money, women come outta the woodwork to find you, you really don't even have to try much.

And some of those women will be retards or crazy, but some of them will be halfway decent and a couple of them will be worth thinking long term about. The important thing though is to not be afraid to be done with them, and that's what this lesson is all about. I wasn't sure how I was ever going to live without my ex wife. I probably didn't make enough to afford my house and my kids' lives would be ruined.

Turns out both of those were unfounded fears, and I took care of everything, made my kids' lives better in the process by showing them that there's a big difference between me and their mother.

It sucks now. It'll get better.

Thank you for the words.

First off, aren't you like 14?

Second, you should have been posting here for guidance all along.

Third, probably a mistake moving out. Do you own the house or was it a rental? If you owned it together, then she pretty much owns it now.

But, nothing that can be done about any of that now (other than to keep posting here in the future). Just make a clean break and move on.

When you and I first met, I was 13, but it's been fifteen years since then! The place where were at was a rental, and I had no problem getting off the lease. I wasn't ever going to buy property with her until we were married first, but I never felt comfortable enough with her to propose.

You dodged a major bullet here for about 15 different reasons. I get that it's hard, but she sounds like pretty much any urbanite 25-40 year old American liberal woman aka they are literally a $.10 a dozen. No big loss. Find a nice farm girl from a hard working blue collar family and put some babies in her asap. Your entire life will change for the better overnight.

As to sleep are you lifting weights? I sleep like a 3 year old kid lifting and going to sleep with magnesium supplements/d3.

Thanks for the words. My weights are in storage right now but I could probably figure something out with an exercise routine before bed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the words and advice, though I think I'm going to find an alternative to ambien.

Thank you for the words.

When you and I first met, I was 13, but it's been fifteen years since then! The place where were at was a rental, and I had no problem getting off the lease. I wasn't ever going to buy property with her until we were married first, but I never felt comfortable enough with her to propose.

Thanks for the words. My weights are in storage right now but I could probably figure something out with an exercise routine before bed.
Pro tip for future you:

If you meet a woman that at 28 years old takes “meds that should not be mixed with alcohol,” even if she DOES NOT mix them… that’s still a game over dude.

You’ll be fine btw. 28 isn’t too old by any means it’s probably a great time to meet women who are getting their shit together tbh.

Also I always thought I was the youngest person on the forums I was 9 when EQ came out how the hell did you get here?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Almost three years ago, I posted in this thread about how I went on a third date with a woman and we talked about having kids and she and I were on the same page that it was really important to both of us. More dates went well, and we entered into a relationship, moving in together in February 2020. A few weeks ago, that relationship came to an end.

She was very smart, pretty funny, fairly responsible, and comfortable to live with. There were a couple things I didn't like about her - such as her hesitancy to spend time with the rest of my family and poor habit of mixing alcohol with her medication that she absolutely should not be mixing alcohol with, but these were things that I could look past because aside from those issues, everything was really good. Both of us experienced insane career growth during the pandemic and were making more money than either of us ever thought we would see in our lives. At this point, my goal of having and raising children in a place that had enough space for all of us seemed like it was fast approaching. I brought up the subject of kids again with the girlfriend but she seemed less enthused about having kids now than she did when we first met. She still wanted them, but she just wasn't ready yet, which seemed reasonable to me; we were both still young and waiting a few more years wouldn't result in any significant health risks or anything. But what she did want was a new cat.

She already had a cat from before we started dating, but with the money we were making and the bigger apartment we had moved into, she wanted another one. I was hesitant to agree, because I knew the stereotype of "millennial couple adopts three cats and never has any actual children," but as part of our discussion, she promised me we'd have one child for every cat. That sounded good to me, so we got the second cat in December 2020. But still, she wanted a third cat.

I was definitely worried that the stereotype was going to become my life, so I told her that as a compromise, she should foster a cat instead of adopting a new one. This worked for a little while, but in spring of 2021 she became a "foster failure" by adopting the cat she was fostering. We never really talked about it, she just went and adopted it and I didn't really know until I asked one day when prospective families were going to come by to meet him and she told me that she had adopted him, but that was really going to be the last one. I was irritated at first but eventually I cooled off, and we became a millenial couple with three cats and no children, though she promised me "one kid for every cat" so I was hoping that someday, I'd get to have the family that I wanted and she said she wanted.

"Two weeks to flatten the curve" became "two years to flatten the curve" and we were making even more money and looking to move into a bigger place. I suggested we look for a house in the suburbs that would be good to raise our kids and for the first time, she told me that she was no longer sure she wanted kids. She was happy with her current "family," she didn't want to ruin her body, some "Republicans want to control me" bullshit - all things she never spoke up about before. On top of this, she started drinking more, and about twice a week she would get drunk, beligerant, and pass out in some random part of the apartment. I tried to confront her about her drinking and she completely locked up - she sat motionless for about 30 minutes, eyes boring into the wall behind me, not answering a single one of my questions or even acknowleding that I was even there (some sort of psychological dissociation to avoid confrontation, I think). Not being able to make any progress on that front, I came to the conclusion that it was time for us to split up, to which my surprise, she was in agreement with. In the beginning of June 2022, I had started looking for a new place to live, but we were still living together in the meantime.

June 15, 2022. She had gotten drunk and passed out on a Wednesday night - part of her weekly routine. As usual, when I found her, I put her on her side, put her glasses away so the cats wouldn't chew on them, and put her phone on the charger so the battery wouldn't die overnight. Interestingly, however, I noticed she was on a call with someone. I hang it up, and the phone screen changes to show a text message with a half-naked man in it, the same man she was just on a call with. Curiosity got the better of me and I discovered this is a man that she had become intimate with recently. I thought it was pretty coarse of her to already be sexting some dude after we were together for almost three years and just broken up, but the messages didn't start at June 2022. I was able to scroll up to the month before. And the month before that. And the month before that. I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling until I came to their first messages. This bitch had been cheating on me for a year and three months.

I screenshotted the worst of the messages and used her phone to send them to mine. I was livid, I wanted a confrontation, but she was catatonic and I wasn't going to get one. I went to the couch and laid awake every second of that night until the sun rose, wondering how or why this could happen to me. Eventually she woke up, and she came to see me, asking why I was on the couch. I told her it was because I found out she was cheating on me, to which she denied, and when I went to go look at the messages for proof, she had deleted them from the conversation I used to send them to my phone so I couldn't shove them in her face (I did save them to my PC though, so I still have them). She kept denying until I wouldn't relent, then she said it was "fake" and "didn't count," basically anything she could do to try to gaslight me into thinking I imagined it, and when I finally started quoting word-for-word some of the messages she had exchanged with this dude, she went into her dissociation state again and I couldn't get another word out of her. That day, I packed up everything I possibly could and left to stay in a spare room on a property my friend owns, (unfortunately my friend is not there as he lives in another country) where I've been since.

Nights are very, very difficult. During the day I keep myself busy because I've taken a second remote job (I'm doing that whole "overemployed" thing), but when it's time for bed I get an extreme feeling of dread. It makes it very difficult to go to sleep, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and the lonliness is suffocating. I'm working on buying a condo closer to where my friends live so I can have them close by, and that process is going pretty well, but currently I don't feel like I'm healing. Every night, it's just this lonliness that makes me feel like I'm simultaneously in a huge dark warehouse and a trash compactor.

I could post the messages I saved, but the absence of empathy or any form of self-awareness in them makes them more grotesque than the actual smut they contain. Here are some high (low?) lights, though:

January 2022, my birthday: We had plans to spend the day with my family, but I went without her because she was "sick." In reality, she spent the entire day sexting this guy. The whole day. There were hours upon hours of messages from this day.

February 2022: She told the guy that she resented living with me but was only putting up with it because I made the rent cheap.

April 2021: In the beginning of her messages with this guy, she talked about how her last boyfriend (the guy before me) was terrible, how he didn't want a family, and how she was the happiest she's ever been in her life. Hours later, on that same day, she texts him how badly she wants him to fuck her.
I hear ya, that pain really sucks, but you know what would suck worse?

Fast forward 5 years, you are married with two kids and you find out she has been taking side cock for years. Now you have to get DNA tests on the kids, go through a divorce/custody battle for the one kid that is yours. And since you are a good guy with a big heart even though that other kid that isn't yours you still feel attached so your heart starts telling you that you want to do the right thing.

Yeah fuck that noise, based on the amount of bullets you just dodged we should start calling you Neo.

Now have a good healthy cathartic cry for another week or two and then go forth plow like you are Johnny Fucking Appleseed.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll echo what others have said. As much as it hurts right now, 5 years from now you will be thankful this happened now and not then. That doesn't make right now any easier unfortunately so like others have said, hit the gym, or do something that can take your mind off of dwelling on what happened. Maybe take a trip, see some things you've been wanting to, since summer is still a thing, go hiking. There's a lot of great stuff to do that you may not be thinking of that will be pretty healthy for you while things in your brain settle down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Thanks y'all, I appreciate the responses.

Also I always thought I was the youngest person on the forums I was 9 when EQ came out how the hell did you get here?

I actually started with EQ2 and was on EQ2 Flames which had some ex-FOH on it. When that site died, we went to Rerolled, and then from Rerolled to here.

• 1WTF

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Thanks y'all, I appreciate the responses.

Delete the texts messages, delete her number and any messages associated to her. If you don't then you will dig them up in moments of weakness and dwell on it. Don't let her have that power over you, let that idiot have his idiotic prize.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
An update to my daughter moving in with me.

I found out she's been having issues with dizziness and fuzzy vision for some time, often to the point where she feels she will pass out. In her previous environment, she was treated as she was faking for a long time and the one time she went to the ER in her backwater town, they said her potassium levels were low. She would explain at home how she felt, was told to go to school and deal with it and then get in trouble for visiting the nurse's office most of the day. As such her grades slipped and she failed 8th grade. 2 - 3 years later these issues have progressed to the present day.

Sunday night she told me what was happening and was hesitant to share what was going on but I got it out of her. Monday the bouts of dizziness had not gotten better and after pressing she told me about the potassium thing. I asked her mother about it and she confirmed it, after not telling me anything about it. Tuesday was more of the same, even after I got her supplements and I told her Wednesday if she didn't improve we were going to the ER. She went to school Wednesday morning but at noon after lunch, it happened again. I picked her up and took her straight to the ER so they could do blood work.

After a urine and a blood test to confirm she has fucking Type 1 diabetes. Her blood sugar was almost 500 and her a1c 10. She was admitted to level out her sugar and remains there now, with a hopeful discharge of tomorrow or Saturday. Today was a ton of education for her and us, ordering of supplies and this weekend will be shopping for foods and what now.

My level of irateness was off the charts, but of course, I had to act calm with her as she was already stressed. This poor girl has dealt with this for years, silently, being dismissed and not believed. I keep asking myself how long this would have continued until permanent damage could have been done...would she ever have gotten the help she needed?

Anyways, its been an emotional rollercoaster the last few days. I'm glad shes getting help and I'm even more thankful now that she is here with us, taken care of and knowing shes no longer alone to deal with these things.

• 8Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 12 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I found out she's been having issues with dizziness and fuzzy vision for some time, often to the point where she feels she will pass out. In her previous environment, she was treated as she was faking for a long time and the one time she went to the ER in her backwater town, they said her potassium levels were low. She would explain at home how she felt, was told to go to school and deal with it and then get in trouble for visiting the nurse's office most of the day. As such her grades slipped and she failed 8th grade. 2 - 3 years later these issues have progressed to the present day.

Sunday night she told me what was happening and was hesitant to share what was going on but I got it out of her. Monday the bouts of dizziness had not gotten better and after pressing she told me about the potassium thing. I asked her mother about it and she confirmed it, after not telling me anything about it. Tuesday was more of the same, even after I got her supplements and I told her Wednesday if she didn't improve we were going to the ER. She went to school Wednesday morning but at noon after lunch, it happened again. I picked her up and took her straight to the ER so they could do blood work.

After a urine and a blood test to confirm she has fucking Type 1 diabetes. Her blood sugar was almost 500 and her a1c 10. She was admitted to level out her sugar and remains there now, with a hopeful discharge of tomorrow or Saturday. Today was a ton of education for her and us, ordering of supplies and this weekend will be shopping for foods and what now.

My level of irateness was off the charts, but of course, I had to act calm with her as she was already stressed. This poor girl has dealt with this for years, silently, being dismissed and not believed. I keep asking myself how long this would have continued until permanent damage could have been done...would she ever have gotten the help she needed?

Anyways, its been an emotional rollercoaster the last few days. I'm glad shes getting help and I'm even more thankful now that she is here with us, taken care of and knowing shes no longer alone to deal with these things.

Jeeze dude, that's rough. I am so sorry she and you are going through that, and yeah, you have a lot of learning to do. The good news is that I have a close friend who had a child that developed type 1 diabetes, and have now been dealing with it for years. It turns out that it is really manageable, once you get into the rhythm of it. Patches and technology, it all makes it easier. Yeah, it's a lifelong thing, but you guys will get the hang of it, she will feel much better, and it will just become part of the regular life.

Good for you for taking her to the ER. That was for sure the right move.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Sheeeeeeeeit, it's impressive she has survived this long with undiagnosed type 1 diabetes. Not even joking, that shit can very easily kill you, and will most likely be part of how her life will end (hopefully many decades from now). Don't know what her physical condition is, but she will want to get started on some sort of physical activity regimen ASAP if she isn't already. Diet and exercise are going to be the mantra for the rest of her life if she wants to have one. The side effects of diabetes if you aren't keeping it in check are absolutely horrific.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sheeeeeeeeit, it's impressive she has survived this long with undiagnosed type 1 diabetes. Not even joking, that shit can very easily kill you, and will most likely be part of how her life will end (hopefully many decades from now). Don't know what her physical condition is, but she will want to get started on some sort of physical activity regimen ASAP if she isn't already. Diet and exercise are going to be the mantra for the rest of her life if she wants to have one. The side effects of diabetes if you aren't keeping it in check are absolutely horrific.

She's active, she skateboards a lot and this spring she will be able to play soccer for the school (something her mother refused to let her do).

And yeah, I'm thankful she's okay now and has a diagnosis.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A small update today, some labs showed that her pancreas is still producing insulin in sporadic amounts, so the doctor is unsure if this leans more towards 1.5 or type two. Once her body stops producing growth hormones, they will take a closer look but that apparently makes it really hard to test the type.

For now, she will be on insulin and if we find out later it's full type too they will ween her off of it and onto metformin. The doctor confirmed today that this isn't something new and she's had these issues for a long time.

When I told her mother it may be type two she tried saying the doctor is crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about, trying to dismiss him and justify that she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, my son is about to disown her, he's so pissed.

I was awake all night last night, not gonna lie, I cried a lot. Thinking of the shit life she had at her mothers, how she was dismissed and invalidated when it came to her symptoms for so long. I feel like I'm partly to blame, even though I bankrupted myself fighting for custody, I still feel like somewhere, somehow I could have done better and saved her from the traumas she had to deal with there. All I can do is be there for her as much as possible moving forward. It's just hard knowing what shes been through.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A small update today, some labs showed that her pancreas is still producing insulin in sporadic amounts, so the doctor is unsure if this leans more towards 1.5 or type two. Once her body stops producing growth hormones, they will take a closer look but that apparently makes it really hard to test the type.

For now, she will be on insulin and if we find out later it's full type too they will ween her off of it and onto metformin. The doctor confirmed today that this isn't something new and she's had these issues for a long time.

When I told her mother it may be type two she tried saying the doctor is crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about, trying to dismiss him and justify that she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, my son is about to disown her, he's so pissed.

I was awake all night last night, not gonna lie, I cried a lot. Thinking of the shit life she had at her mothers, how she was dismissed and invalidated when it came to her symptoms for so long. I feel like I'm partly to blame, even though I bankrupted myself fighting for custody, I still feel like somewhere, somehow I could have done better and saved her from the traumas she had to deal with there. All I can do is be there for her as much as possible moving forward. It's just hard knowing what shes been through.
You know if you scroll back to around the time of your divorce, I'm pretty sure I suggested killing your wife. I was just being an edgelord back then but apparently I was right.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You know if you scroll back to around the time of your divorce, I'm pretty sure I suggested killing your wife. I was just being an edgelord back then but apparently I was right.

I think divorce 1 was pre FOH, you woulda said that at my second and I wouldn't and don't disagree.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
She's active, she skateboards a lot and this spring she will be able to play soccer for the school (something her mother refused to let her do).

And yeah, I'm thankful she's okay now and has a diagnosis.
If she is covered by your insurance ask your doc about getting a prescription for CGM sensors. You put one on for 2 weeks, and you can use your phone as a reader. Check it a few times per day and you will get shiny graphs covering the whole day. This will let you track levels after meals and sleeping, etc. Much better than poking a finger a few times a day.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If she is covered by your insurance ask your doc about getting a prescription for CGM sensors. You put one on for 2 weeks, and you can use your phone as a reader. Check it a few times per day and you will get shiny graphs covering the whole day. This will let you track levels after meals and sleeping, etc. Much better than poking a finger a few times a day.
She is, and yeah we plan on doing that but she has to manually check it for a few months first in order to show “she would use it and is serious about it”.

i hate insurance companies.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Type 1 is not the end of the world. Been type 1 since age 5. I went to the methodist childrens hospital in Houston in the early 70's and they purposely had my sugar get low and then high so I could tell what it feels like.

I've never had a drawback at age 51 from it other than couldn't join the military and now you can get a pilots license, they now allow type 1 diabetics to fly as commercial pilots if they have the continuous glucose monitor and they show their charts every so often.

I've gone backpacking alone all over the west. In all that time I've never had insurance pay for insulin or blood checking stuff. It was more pain in the ass to file than to just pay for it.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not worried about this being detrimental for her in the future. She's handling it like a pro, honestly. I wake up early and make her breakfast to start her day or right (she came home last night), and then she plans her meals with her carb allotment for each meal after. We will be meal-prepping her dinners a few days ahead of time as she needs to eat by 6pm each day and no ones home at that time.

My frustration, anger, and everything else come from the fact that she's had to deal with this for years because her mother seemingly didn't care.

Today while on the phone with her mother, she had the balls to say "yeah a normal eating schedule of 3 meals will be good for you" to which my daughter fired back "weird you say that now when for years I was lucky to get one meal a day". Needless to say, shes really unhappy with her mom right now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Today while on the phone with her mother, she had the balls to say "yeah a normal eating schedule of 3 meals will be good for you" to which my daughter fired back "weird you say that now when for years I was lucky to get one meal a day". Needless to say, shes really unhappy with her mom right now.

Un fucking believable.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
There’s not enough rustles for this whole situation. I’m so sorry this happened to your family (not the ex) and I’m so happy your kids are in a better place now. Wish our family court system wasn’t such a heinous piece of shit that keeps letting situations like this happen just because one party has tits.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!