Marriage and the Power of Divorce

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well buffet style food is cheaper than individual plates, so there is that silver lining

We did buffet because even though we spent a lot we are not that high class.

One of our hors'dveorohsoures was buffalo tendies

Buffalo tendies are the highest of class, sir!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Married 12 years and we had the third really BIG fight last week. Our son got in trouble at school, and they threw his ass into Saturday school. I thought the punishment was extremely excessive, while the wife was in agreement with the school. It caused an argument that started out with little snipes from both of us, and those snipes escalated that shit into full nuclear meltdown. We screamed at each other and barely talked for almost three days. That night, I apologized for getting so mad, but stood by what I said. I usually cave because in the end nothing has been that important to fight over (we are in full agreement almost 95% of the time), but this one was, and I don't think she knew how to handle it. Things have healed, more apologies were made later in the week, but holy damn I never realized how much of a poppa bear I really was until this thing happened. I guess most marriages fight over finances, I suppose ours is the kids. In the end it was very foreign to me as this was only the second time we have screamed/yelled at each other in 12 years of marriage, and took me a while to process it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Married 12 years and we had the third really BIG fight last week. Our son got in trouble at school, and they threw his ass into Saturday school. I thought the punishment was extremely excessive, while the wife was in agreement with the school. It caused an argument that started out with little snipes from both of us, and those snipes escalated that shit into full nuclear meltdown. We screamed at each other and barely talked for almost three days. That night, I apologized for getting so mad, but stood by what I said. I usually cave because in the end nothing has been that important to fight over (we are in full agreement almost 95% of the time), but this one was, and I don't think she knew how to handle it. Things have healed, more apologies were made later in the week, but holy damn I never realized how much of a poppa bear I really was until this thing happened. I guess most marriages fight over finances, I suppose ours is the kids. In the end it was very foreign to me as this was only the second time we have screamed/yelled at each other in 12 years of marriage, and took me a while to process it.

Well in the grand scheme of things an extra day of school aint shit. I do understand not wanting your kids to be treated unfairly though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only time we argue about finances is when she brings up dumb shit

"What's this $2.59 spent at work Cafe ?" WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT IS

For big purchases if I never said anything about them I could understand the questioning. But fuck, don't nitpick about me buying a drink at work

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, she is not going to need any kind of talking down. I just know there will be some disappointment on her part, but even she knows we don't have stupid money to blow on it and saving the cash is the smarter option. I'm totally down with just going to city hall, doing it there with our parents/siblings and then having a nice party shortly thereafter with our close friends/family.

Actually the mom is who you have to look out for. In my experience the big poofy wedding is bullshit the mom has pounded into the daughter because she wants to vicariously relive her own wedding and correct perceived errors. That shit gets handed down like catholic guilt, from mother to daughter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dunnhopen

Trakanon Raider
The only time we argue about finances is when she brings up dumb shit

"What's this $2.59 spent at work Cafe ?" WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT IS

For big purchases if I never said anything about them I could understand the questioning. But fuck, don't nitpick about me buying a drink at work

That is why my wife doesn't review the finances. I pay the bills no questions are asked.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider

What did the kid get busted for doing?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I talked about this in the parenting thread... He was playing a game with other kids at recess, and the boy who won twerked at him, and it freaked him out, and he asked his friends if they thought this kid was gay at lunch time. Even had he called the kid gay to his face, I still think a Saturday detention is way excessive. An afterschool, spending free time on extra assignments, missed recess. All of the above would have been fine by me. Mainly because we are a small school system, and he basically got to serve his time right beside two future prison inmates who were Juniors and Seniors, and in for stuff far more severe than name calling (work there know the kids). It was almost comical when I dropped him off. Here he was with his minecraft lunch box, and storm trooper back pack walking up the ramp into the alternative school along side these guys who looked like they'd knife you in a dark alley with crazy matted hair and beards and piercings. It was surreal. At least he got to learn the word slut while he was in there though.

And I'm not going to lie. I have pretty strong feelings towards things like this because of shit we've seen and discussed on these very forums, and I felt my son was falling victim to a system that is overrun with thought police and had the book thrown at him because he dared to ask a question outside of their narrative.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
jesus thrown into school prison for calling a kid gay

#just2017things

200.gif

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not just thrown in prison for calling him gay, but he was turned in by peers, so God only knows what really happened, as I'm willing to bet those little brown shirts probably painted a pretty bad picture in their retelling to the teacher on duty at lunch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And I'm not going to lie. I have pretty strong feelings towards things like this because of shit we've seen and discussed on these very forums, and I felt my son was falling victim to a system that is overrun with thought police and had the book thrown at him because he dared to ask a question outside of their narrative.

I think I found your problem

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh you know at first I meant it was a Saturday detention at his school. Going to the alternate school is crazy. My friend is a teacher at a highschool up here and they made him go to the alternate school. He said during an assembly the principal said the blacks needed to rise up and take care of themselves because of the oppressive white males like this guy<points at friend>.

Why would they send a little kid to an alternative school...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well if they don't send him to the "alternative school" how else is gonna get scared straight? Or would it be scared gay in this instance?

By the way what's an alternative school? Is that like a trade/magnet school in your area?

• 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I found your problem

Oh I will fully admit it. I have taught him what that word means, and that people who are gay are otherwise the exact same as those who aren't outside of the obvious attraction thing. However, I will never think that it's ok to throw the book at a child for using words. Words do not = violence or action at all. And that's the slippery slope we find ourselves in this shit show we call 2016-2017.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well if they don't send him to the "alternative school" how else is gonna get scared straight? Or would it be scared gay in this instance?

By the way what's an alternative school? Is that like a trade/magnet school in your area?
The alternative shcool is where they send the REALLY BAD(future inmates) kids so that the real high school keeps higher stats

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's the new in school suspension. It's just a little building where they send them, and they use it for saturday school as well.