Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So if he called a teacher a faggot piece of shit queer then that's okay? It's just words after all.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if he called a teacher a faggot piece of shit queer then that's okay?

Of course not but that is nowhere near what happened either. He didn't even call the kid in question gay. He just asked his friends about him behind what he thought were closed doors. I'm sorry, not trying to ruffle any feathers, but I just fail to see the extreme crime in asking a question about a kid. Inappropriate? Definitely, no argument there. Deserving of an extreme punishment saved mostly for kids who have assaulted another student or along those lines? No never.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not saying I disagree...I don't really. If he was just asking then it is what it is, shouldn't be an issue, even if it is none of his business. Does he go around asking if people are hetros? That line of questioning could lead to the child being targeted by bullies and such going forward. (Playing devils advocate here is all)

I was just curious as to where the hard line was being drawn.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
After reading the original post and getting to the part that I bolded all I could picture was that the "snipes" back and forth that led to the screaming match were a direct result of Namon spending too much time in threads like the GamerGate thread here and he forgot he was talking to his wife and not some dumbass FoH forum goer. Like me.

In school Saturday suspension is a ridiculous punishment for asking your friends if someone is gay but it doesn't seem like it's worth starting a crusade over either.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right question shouldn't have been asked period. It was none of his business, period, end of story. HOWEVER. I can think of a 100 different punishments that don't involve going to the extreme. I mean seriously Saturday School for this is the same as the discussions on whether hate speech should be prosecuted, and I'm adamantly on the hell no side of that one. That is my one and only beef with this issue is the punishment absolutely does not fit the crime. Not that there was no crime committed at all.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
After reading the original post and getting to the part that I bolded all I could picture was that the "snipes" back and forth that led to the screaming match were a direct result of Namon spending too much time in threads like the GamerGate thread here and he forgot he was talking to his wife and not some dumbass FoH forum goer. Like me.

In school Saturday suspension is a ridiculous punishment for asking your friends if someone is gay but it doesn't seem like it's worth starting a crusade over either.

Not starting a Crusade at all, because honestly, I think for reasons Tarrant touched on, it is NOT acceptable to talk about things like that with anyone at school. It was just my wife was throwing accusations about why I was reacting like I was, as if I was trying to cover for him or whatnot and I wasn't. I'm not wanting him to put on his Fedora and march to the anti SJW drum beats. However, I'm also not ok with the severity of the punishment and never will be.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean... it does seem pretty goddamn excessive if all he really did was ask his friends if the kid was gay for twerking at him.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I talked about this in the parenting thread... He was playing a game with other kids at recess, and the boy who won twerked at him, and it freaked him out, and he asked his friends if they thought this kid was gay at lunch time. Even had he called the kid gay to his face, I still think a Saturday detention is way excessive. An afterschool, spending free time on extra assignments, missed recess. All of the above would have been fine by me. Mainly because we are a small school system, and he basically got to serve his time right beside two future prison inmates who were Juniors and Seniors, and in for stuff far more severe than name calling (work there know the kids). It was almost comical when I dropped him off. Here he was with his minecraft lunch box, and storm trooper back pack walking up the ramp into the alternative school along side these guys who looked like they'd knife you in a dark alley with crazy matted hair and beards and piercings. It was surreal. At least he got to learn the word slut while he was in there though.

And I'm not going to lie. I have pretty strong feelings towards things like this because of shit we've seen and discussed on these very forums, and I felt my son was falling victim to a system that is overrun with thought police and had the book thrown at him because he dared to ask a question outside of their narrative.

If the facts are as you describe, thats fucking bullshit IMO

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'd tell the teachers to find a different punishment or fuck the hell off. Keep him after school if all you want to do is waste his time. Weekends are family time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man if I called someone a faggot in real life I wouldn't go to jail. I'd get punched in the face probably, deservedly so.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
1980s - 1990s: Kids call each other faggots regularly, get told to watch their language if caught
2017: Ask if another kid is gay when they act like a faggot, go to the weekend gulag

Progress!

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
tenor.gif

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heh I am so glad I am not a parent. I would have him go to his teacher and ask her what does it mean to "shank a bitch". Then explain he learned that term at the saturday school from the nice guy with the teardrop tattoo.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not just thrown in prison for calling him gay, but he was turned in by peers, so God only knows what really happened, as I'm willing to bet those little brown shirts probably painted a pretty bad picture in their retelling to the teacher on duty at lunch.

How do you know what your son is telling you isn't a fabrication as well? Maybe he did do something really insulting.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's kinda dumb.

It's extremely dumb actually.

The kid shook his ass at him... "r u a faggit?" is a legit question. It is THE question that needs to be asked.

But you do have to realize that it probably wasn't some innocent around the lunchtable "psst, so do you think Jeffy takes it in the ass?" conversation. And the teacher must have directly witnessed some young boys about to go full jeering homophobe or else one of the kids at that table snitched on them. So either way, there is a lesson to be learned with a saturday detention. But tell your boy it's not about asking the question... there are ways those sorts of questions have to be asked. There are social conventions involved. And if someone snitched, then it's worth a few hours for the knowledge of who can't be trusted.

• 1Worf

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's kinda dumb.

It's extremely dumb actually.

The kid shook his ass at him... "r u a faggit?" is a legit question. It is THE question that needs to be asked.

But you do have to realize that it probably wasn't some innocent around the lunchtable "psst, so do you think Jeffy takes it in the ass?" conversation. And the teacher must have directly witnessed some young boys about to go full jeering homophobe or else one of the kids at that table snitched on them. So either way, there is a lesson to be learned with a saturday detention. But tell your boy it's not about asking the question... there are ways those sorts of questions have to be asked. There are social conventions involved. And if someone snitched, then it's worth a few hours for the knowledge of who can't be trusted.

Also, time to teach him Snitches get stitches. (kidding)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you know what your son is telling you isn't a fabrication as well? Maybe he did do something really insulting.

To be honest I don't. That was the main thing that made this so stressful and annoying. He came home that night and the story was as I posted. The story the principal gave my wife was that he said that the kid was gay to the kids face (not faggot or queer or some other slur). So went in the next day to get it straight and my son redacted a bit, so I know it didn't happen exactly as he said, BUT this whole time the principal and teacher were not totally consistent with their telling either that I have decided the truth is in the middle. They just went nuts for damage control in case the kids parents got wind of this. However according to the principal this twerking kid is totally clueless to any of this happening, thus giving some credibility to the version our son told us that night.

When he was in the principals office at the very beginning it was obvious that it was the classic confession to the cops scenario. He just wanted to get out of there ASAP, so he told them what they wanted to hear, thinking he'd just get a slap on the wrist and when shit hit the fan he over adjusted too much with us. So we had no choice but to go along with the punishment because his changing stories made it impossible to defend. Personally I was all for it just to teach him that you NEVER stand in front of an accuser and admit to a crime like that. It sucked and I hated it because again i agreed my son was in the wrong because that kind of crap is none of his business, but was pissed they went full hammer on this and my sons waffling left me no room.

The problem at home was I was not ok with the punishment and I wanted him moved to a different class. Primarily because he has been getting in trouble a lot more this year and last, and the one consistent variable is this friend of his whose name always came up as one of the ones who always tells on my son in the first place. So I wanted to get them separated. Well being a straight A student, his teacher was not on board with that, but my wife took their reasoning hook line and sinker, and she tried to shame me into agreeing with it and all that accomplished was a massive fight. So if things continue (there have been lingering issues) we will be pulling him out and home schooling this year until he gets to middle school.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity