Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
giphy.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I can only speak for myself and several friends with whom I have had this discussion. The answer is: absofuckinglutely.
One of my best friends is currently married to a person who is NOT a good father, he is not a good husband. it is a very long and convoluted story and I have supported her in her attempts to save her marriage. She is tired after the last several years of trying. She is ready to go. She has basically been a single parent for 8 years anyway.
She is cute AF and will have no trouble finding men who want her...we already know several...but highest on her panty sharing list right now are men who are good dads.

See, if only you lived near Colorado... I'd have no chance, but it's fun to dream.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
RL me is pretty much exactly like FOH me. Courteous, responsible and very handsome.

I'm exactly the same way as I am in real life.

Handsome.

Goddamnit Soy.

I also have good timing IRL.

This exchange is fucking awesome. Quality content creation from these fine gentlemen.

I'm exactly as handsome as my posts would lead you to believe.

At least I have attractive children. They take after their mother.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Im starting to lose my shit this morning. I'm fucking frustrated and depressed. She stayed at his place last night, she came home at 5 am this morning. She tried to go to bed, and I was getting up to go to the gym before work. Instead of punching the fuck out of her cheating whore face I just resorted to being an asshole, turned on all the lights turned the tv on loud, sat in bed ate my toast and peanut butter and sipped my pre workout loud as fuck. Childish? Sure I didnt fucking care. Come home after fucking him and expect to just go to bed like nothings wrong.

I just got to work, im fucking having a mini panic attack and shit. Im a fucking mess. I told her I was sorry for being an assole, and that im super frustrated and depressed and whatever she was planning to do to make me feel like shit is working, so I hope shes happy with herself.. But she will spin it to everyone to make it out to be the victim here. She already is and has been.
Gotta let it go man. Shes a whore and gonna do whore things, don't let her destroy the rest of your life.
...and the children were where at the time of each of your behaviors? Good parents do not act so selfishly and recklessly...both of you.

Seriously, what do you think your children are learning from each of you right now...and do you think it is a good life lesson for them?

I am sorry for your pain, I am disheartened that you are experiencing such turmoil, but you are an adult. You have the ability to seek resolution and to think more abstractly. They do not.

If you think your life has been unfair you can choose to change it, to make it better...beginning today...in each moment. Please choose better for them.
That is a damn fine quality to add to the new you.
This. Do you want kids who are passive aggressive assholes who hate their parents? This is how out happens.

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
Deebo you should really talk to a lawyer. I don't know what your financial situation is like, but this should be a high priority, even if you're in debt, put it on a credit card. If you aren't willing to do that, it seems like you will just be stuck in this cycle of having her fuck someone else, then "come to her senses" and return to you until that is boring and she goes off and does it again. She knows how to play the victim and she doesn't give a fuck about what this is doing to you. The sooner you can get out the better.

• 1Solidarity

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
Deebo you should really talk to a lawyer. I don't know what your financial situation is like, but this should be a high priority, even if you're in debt, put it on a credit card. If you aren't willing to do that, it seems like you will just be stuck in this cycle of having her fuck someone else, then "come to her senses" and return to you until that is boring and she goes off and does it again. She knows how to play the victim and she doesn't give a fuck about what this is doing to you. The sooner you can get out the better.

I did yesterday, i think I want to talk to another one as well to compare. Theres 2 things that I can see being a pain in the ass. First is that shes a bartender and its hard to prove what she actually makes with tips on paper. And second she thinks she should get spousal support. Michigan is a no fault divorce state. We have been married for 9 years in April. I do not want to pay her anything but mandated child support. We agree on 50/50 and I provide the healthcare for the kids so I dont think it should be much.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
"No Fault divorce state" means that you are not allowed to have someone at fault for the divorce? I always thought that just gave you a third option. There's no way this divorce isn't her fault Unless I'm forgetting something you did, don't go that route.

Also, I thought she wanted to try a 'trial separation'? Why is she at the house? You need to tell the kids mommy is going out of town for work and she needs to move the fuck out.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
All No Fault means is that you don't have to provide a specific reason why you want a divorce. In Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Nebraska, Montana, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Hawaii, Florida, Colorado and California you can just say we don't get along and that's fine they don't want a reason unless like in CA or FL the one side is mentally ill and you have to prove that.

In the other states you can still do a No Fault divorce but have the option of something like Adultry.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And none of that matters anyway because "Family Law" in this country isn't law at all. It's whatever the Judge presiding over the case feels like doing.

Your ex might be the worst parent on planet earth and if they get a lawyer that is a major contributor to the judge or a personal friend and your lawyer has a bad standing relationship with the judge you're probably going to get raked over the coals. Doesn't fucking matter what's best for the children at all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Wow...quick search on Michigan laws: Fault cannot be identified in the complaint but if the case goes to trial because of: reasons...then fault can be brought into the case such as the allegation of adultery...but be prepared to offer irrefutable proof. It may be helpful in re custody, property and support.
But yeah, also what Khane said.

SeanDoe1z1

Decision was made. There ain't no coming back from that.

Relish in the fact tinder has empowered so many women to be true feminists.

(Friend who recently got divorced loves to send me this BS all the time -- he understands its not a permanent lifestyle but man, its at least fun)

27990363_972771009540100_1799521647_o.png

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Decision was made. There ain't no coming back from that.

Relish in the fact tinder has empowered so many women to be true feminists.

(Friend who recently got divorced loves to send me this BS all the time -- he understands its not a permanent lifestyle but man, its at least fun)

View attachment 161402
That one is just a fat chick. Of course she's gonna pull out all of the stops.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Three years later this thread became MGTOW in all but name.

smh
I had to look up that acronym...the MGTOW one not the smh.
I don't agree with your consensus but I appreciate you leading me to learn something new.

• 1Solidarity

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm humble salt farmer, Mrs. Gravy. Ignore me, most of the board does. Your husband was a good man.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I'm humble salt farmer, Mrs. Gravy. Ignore me, most of the board does. Your husband was a good man.
I shall do no such thing. You are on my list of posters who were kind to G or to me during our dark time. We don't have to agree on things to be companions on this journey.
(Yes, I really do have a list.)
:)