Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Women are just as capable of wanting a fuckbuddy as men. Its just cultural and religious upbringing pounding bullshit into them as kids that makes it less likely.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like you have other problems than drinking to worry about. Get professional help instead of selfmedicating booze.
Yeah, get on anti depressants like a real American. If it's doctor prescribed then it's not an addiction.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
To clarify: medical research has shown unambiguously that the optimum is moderate daily drinking. Binge drinking is the worst practice, total abstinence is the next worst. The best is drinking 1-3 drinks per day every day.

Drinking a beer or whiskey at night is exactly as much of a problem as taking a daily vitamin C pill.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, whenever I'm with friends I'm drinking the vast majority of the time. I'm drinking in most social situations. I don't know what the problem is with that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Still getting a lot of out of state messages and even out of country messages. DC, Belfast, Florida. I guess I could be a sugar daddy if I really wanted to... to women with really low sugar daddy monetary standards. That chick from Belfast was a bad bitch though as the brothas say.
Any reason you can think of as to why you're only getting out of town gold diggers? Do you live in Portland or Seattle or something?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
To clarify: medical research has shown unambiguously that the optimum is moderate daily drinking. Binge drinking is the worst practice, total abstinence is the next worst. The best is drinking 1-3 drinks per day every day.

Drinking a beer or whiskey at night is exactly as much of a problem as taking a daily vitamin C pill.
To clarify, no one drinks 1 shot of whiskey in an evening.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

Cite this "unambiguous" study; I think I'm reasonably well-versed in the research you're referencing... and saying that the medical community is united on this front is... ridiculous.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
in a sad, begging, WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?!?! way.
If she didn't tell you straight up, I can help you out here. Her father caught wind of you (can't remember, did you meet her parents?) and said "I don't care how nice he is, my daughter is NOT dating a guy with devil horns."

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I believe most of the "He's so hot!" feelings most women have towards some of these actors is mostly from the roles they play. Yes they are very naturally attractive people. In shape and with good bone structure and all that. But then they see this guy play this role in a movie like The Notebook and suddenly they have this emotional attachment to him as well. They see his face and associate all the great things he did in that movie and it compounds the attraction. I'm 99% sure that is why my wife is all about that dude from True Blood who is now dating Sophia Vargara. Forget his name. Dude is jacked up but she also only knows him as this great protector of the woman he loves as well.

Or I could just be making shit up and they are just attracted and thats that
You know, I never understood this, considering that in the vast majority of romantic comedies the plot is kicked off because either one or both parties to the movie relationship is sociopathically using the other party for some other hidden goal.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
He added his income to his profile.
Yes, I know, which is why I was wondering why he's only attracting out of town gold diggers. Thought maybe he lived in some hipster chick city. The day I put my income on my profile in Dallas, I definitely saw a significant influx of winks/emails from local chicks.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yes, I know, which is why I was wondering why he's only attracting out of town gold diggers. Thought maybe he lived in some hipster chick city. The day I put my income on my profile in Dallas, I definitely saw a significant influx of winks/emails from local chicks.
LOL yeah because nobody else wants to move to Texas. I think he is in a more desirable state to start and then an even better city.

(sarcasm, I have nothing against Dallas or Texas but I bet people do)

iannis

Musty Nester
Cite this "unambiguous" study; I think I'm reasonably well-versed in the research you're referencing... and saying that the medical community is united on this front is... ridiculous.
Not to pile on, but there's no way that "total abstinence" is only slightly less bad than binge drinking when compared with moderate drinking. I mean... that's just factually incorrect.

Because what you find is differentratesandtypesof conditions between populations.

It's perfectly fine to have preferences, but don't dumb it down quite that much. Binge < None < Moderation is as bad as "binge drinking is just fine!" for pretty much the same reason. It ignores context. Like utterly.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You know, I never understood this, considering that in the vast majority of romantic comedies the plot is kicked off because either one or both parties to the movie relationship is sociopathically using the other party for some other hidden goal.
Romantic comedy is just that. Romantic. Just like sit-coms portray romantic ideals of what friendship is between people. But in actuality if a girl dated a guy like in a rom com it would be exhausting. Just like in a sit com if your friends spent as much time together as the people in Seinfeld or Big Bang it would be exhausting.

Pants_sl

shitlord

Um this is completely wrong.

Evidence of health benefits for drinking small amounts of alcohol daily is not so clear, and I'm pretty sure its for something around 1 drink, AND it sure as fuck isn't "not drinking is next worst" as you phrase it as if not drinking is unhealthy for you.

Most annoying thing on this board is the unmitigated confidence some people have about stuff they obviously have very little idea about. Why not post "hey I thought xyz was true..." like a normal person.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I live in a very, very wealthy state. In fact I'm pretty sure the wealthy people in this state think they are the wealthiest people in the universe. So I guess it makes sense as being "par for the course". I live in Connecticut. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. That's just how they think. There is a saying here. "If you think you have money you own property in the Hamptons, if you actually have money you own property in Connecticut". It's quite obnoxious.