Marvel Netflix: Defenders

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get it. In Iron Fist the Hand wtf raped Kun'Lun and now they aren't able to return to it?

I assume that just place that those who have been exiled from Kun'Lun end up if they try and return.

The real Kun'Lun is open only to those that believe are some shit like that.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think this is the best Netflix marvel show. 8 episodes really helped because there were really no down parts. There are plot holes and varying powers depending on the situation but I guess you can't have everything. Madam Gao is a pimp and I wish she had her own show. She is by far the best written character in any of the shows and the actress makes you believe in her.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, a lot of the choreography problems really fell away after Iron Fist, except for

the final fight in the cave w/ Elektra v Defenders, when the main cast turned into extras standing there waiting for Elektra to do her moves, very much felt similar to Iron Fist-level poor fighting

This was a good 8 episodes though, minor flaws aside. Quick-cut fight scenes only really bothered me once pointed out, but I still liked them.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I enjoyed it, though it really irked me when characters were like completely dumbfounded by some of the more simple stuff in the universe? "I'm a super strength girl who's banged an indestructible dude, and at this point have lived through the entire Incident involving aliens coming through a giant worm hole in the sky being fought by a God, another indestructible dude, and many other out landish things, BUT YOUR FIST CAN LIGHT UP BECAUSE CHI!? I'M OUT OF HERE THIS IS RIDICULOUS."

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ganthorn

N00b
Jessica has always had extremely varying levels of super strength... because plot!

I generally see her levels of strength as partially similar to what the one guy said to Luke Cage. "You are pulling your punches." She hasn't really embraced her powers. She uses them reluctantly.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'd really like to see JJ picking people up one handed by the ankle and flinging them across the room, throwing pianos and cars at people etc. That would be awesome. There's a little bit of that in defenders, but also a lot of her standing around looking moderately disinterested.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm 5 episodes in and am enjoying it so far. The first couple episodes had pretty weak choreography in any scene with a particular lady in it which makes me think she can't do those kind of scenes but a couple of the later ones with her are OK so I'm not sure. Maybe learning curve or something. DD S02 had the worst fighting I've seen in anything in recent memory so it's at least better than that. The characters are all pretty much themselves and doing their thing. I am in love with Krysten Ritter at this point I think.

Cybsled

I wonder if in Luke Cage season 2, a certain someone will have some Stark designed assistance to deal with their injury ;)

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Danny Rand is still a huge dumbass who is led around and manipulated by anyone who knows him.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post Final Episode Credits Spoiler:

I thought the Punisher trailer looked sick as fuck. Mindless gun violence looks like good fun. Can't wait for that shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I got around to starting this later than I had hoped. Just one ep in and the thing that stands out the most is how faithful they're being to the look and tone of each of the individual character's shows while they are on screen. It emphasizes how this series is the coming together of four individuals own stories.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this. It was nice to finally see them all come together. I agree with the above poster with how they were having such a difficult time believing in Chi but super aliens are fine. Its interesting how the power levels of both sides has to be managed. If the enemy is too strong, the Avengers come and beat their ass. If the enemy is too weak, then the defenders roll all over them. That was the problem with Luke Cage. Madam Gao is the only one that I felt could possibly have dealt with Luke. That was the other disappointing thing about the villains. I actually was expecting the leader to go bad ass at least once just to show her power. Alas, this never really happened. A solid 8/10.

I seriously laughed out loud at a scene that had nothing to do with the story. Did anyone else notice the scene where Jessica Jones is running and I swear they forgot to speed it up or something. It looked as though she was told to bound as if she were walking on the moon. I choked up laughing at that little bit.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I seriously laughed out loud at a scene that had nothing to do with the story. Did anyone else notice the scene where Jessica Jones is running and I swear they forgot to speed it up or something. It looked as though she was told to bound as if she were walking on the moon. I choked up laughing at that little bit.

Haha duuude, if your talking about the scene where DD is jumping up to a balcony and JJ is running below I had the same reaction.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, that was the scene. I have no idea what they were doing but that had to be some behind the scene joke.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol. I rolled my eyes at that. I was waiting for Luke Cage to put on a BLM hoodie.

To be fair, that speech could be about wealth as privilege (which actually exists). As a major SJW hater, I was fine with it the way they presented it and it actually tied into the story, unlike a lot of the hamfisted virtue signaling bullshit they generally pull.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jessica has always had extremely varying levels of super strength... because plot!
Jessica is the only one who has no real clue how to fight, plus Madame Gao was pretty much tanking both her and Cage the entire initial confrontation.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, that speech could be about wealth as privilege (which actually exists). As a major SJW hater, I was fine with it the way they presented it and it actually tied into the story, unlike a lot of the hamfisted virtue signaling bullshit they generally pull.

I read it the same way. No SJW nonsense.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Probably don't need to spoiler but whatevs..

Sowande: “You're the dumbest Iron Fist yet.”
Stick: "Because this one, the immortal Iron Fist, living weapon and protector of the ancient city...is still a thundering dumbass."
Iron fist doesn't seem to be any different or learned anything after the iron fist series, showing no growth on the character and him being a dumbass is now a running joke, not really looking forward to iron fist season 2.

The series was ok to me, the 8 episodes was just enough, the fight scenes probably could have been better. It's nice to see them team up, but as mentioned the constant disbelief of things when they all have gone through some shit or another, are part of the avengers universe where NY was hammered with aliens, and themselves having powers, was god damn annoying.

It was also kinda disappointing with the ending basically turning into "Daredevil season 3" with Elektra instead of Alexandra, and the fingers turning into henchmen. I read why they did it that way, but it felt cheap to me for all that build up and the big huncho just being the dead assassin. I never read the comics on any of these characters so maybe I was just expecting too much after kingpin as a baddie.