Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rewatched GotG2.
Where do you think Ravagers (Sly and others) will go? I hope somewhere other than simply GotG3.
What about The Watchers?
Will there be more Celestials?
AW will probably be GotG3.
Safely assume Howard will continue to get nothing but cameos?
Was there any follow-up to/about the annihilation seeds that were planted? Seems like Agents of Shield at least would have at least covered it's cleaning and containment.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think that once's Ego's main body had died, all of the seeds also died. At least that's the way it seemed in the movie, but I'm due for a re-watch also. The entire Marvel Universe, though. As soon as I finish Game of Thrones.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Rewatched GotG2.
Where do you think Ravagers (Sly and others) will go? I hope somewhere other than simply GotG3.
From what I heard at the time, the whole post-credit about the "original GotG" - that's what sly and the rest are, in fact: the first issue of GotG crew - is simply a throw-away scene for the fun of it. Unlike the Warlock Egg, which is supposed to be used for later plot.

Alas. I mean, if you really want a GotG spinoff, that's the characters you want. And you've already got the heist theme.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I heard at the time, the whole post-credit about the "original GotG" - that's what sly and the rest are, in fact: the first issue of GotG crew - is simply a throw-away scene for the fun of it. Unlike the Warlock Egg, which is supposed to be used for later plot.

Alas. I mean, if you really want a GotG spinoff, that's the characters you want. And you've already got the heist theme.
Agree, they felt like "just in case" hooks, but still it got me wondering

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Good news. Marvel is going to use James Gun's script for GotG 3. Maybe they'll bring him back soon (not to direct that, but maybe later adjustments?)
Marvel's tricky battle over controversial director James Gunn's role in 'Guardians'

That's real old news at this point, I did notice it getting another uptick in headlines the other day tho. Skimmed through a couple of the articles this weekend and couldn't figure out why it's back in the news as if it's new. Was decided months ago.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's real old news at this point, I did notice it getting another uptick in headlines the other day tho. Skimmed through a couple of the articles this weekend and couldn't figure out why it's back in the news as if it's new. Was decided months ago.

from what i understood, it wasn't confirmed until just recently. i think they let it slip a few months ago to see what the public outcry would be just in case. no one cared, really so they waited for the news to die down and then OFFICIALLY announce it

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This must be super obvious, but I just realized it today (watching Iron Man 2 to see if I like it after not having seen it in years.) Paul Bettany is Jarvis. I never realized that. And then he becomes Vision, which is part Jarvis. Was that planned?

• 4Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This must be super obvious, but I just realized it today (watching Iron Man 2 to see if I like it after not having seen it in years.) Paul Bettany is Jarvis. I never realized that. And then he becomes Vision, which is part Jarvis. Was that planned?
I don't think it was all fleshed out when he was cast for the first Iron Man since they had no idea it was going to turn into what it's turned into.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
So for IM1 Favreau wanted a nice sounding, personality-less robot. He called Bettany to do it because he thought he'd be good at it and he agreed. Then he was feeling basically washed up and finished in Hollywood after some director told him he was done and he got a call from Whedon who asked if he wanted to become Vision in Avengers 2 and he was like "fuck yeah".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah if i remember correctly, he was sort of hesitant to JARVIS at first... he wasn't particularly clear about it but i think he was becoming disenfranchised because he had done some good work but not in great movies. i think he was looking at the voice work and it being a comic book movie like it would be some high profile bomb. but his wife (jennifer connoly) was just like, stop being dramatic and go do it. it's voice work, you don't even have to get out of your pj's.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Which makes the fact that she voiced Peter's suit in Spider-Man: Homecoming extra amusing.

Also, I still love her.

Fadaar

That guy
She was the spidey suit AI? Nice, didn't know that. She's still pretty high on the celebrities I'd like to bang scale, even now.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users