Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just had a thought earlier today about Captain Marvel and the next era for the MCU: Despite everything else, Captain Marvel could screw up just about everything because of her power level. Why even have other Avengers if she's the strongest? Am I going to watch 5 movies of the New Avengers getting their ass kicked only to be saved by CM at the end?

Maybe Ant Man should deliver the line. "Galactus? Yeah, why don't I just stay home. You can fly up into space and punch him a few times. I don't feel like getting vaporized and deleted from existence by a hungry cosmic entity who probably didn't even know I existed."

Just seems like a huge problem by making her as powerful as she is.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I’d she really that much more powerful than Thor with Stormbreaker? I just watched her medicore movie and she didn’t seem like it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I’d she really that much more powerful than Thor with Stormbreaker? I just watched her medicore movie and she didn’t seem like it.

Of course she is, didn't you see her dad tell her she couldn't drive go karts? How does that not make you most powerful?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Just seems like a huge problem by making her as powerful as she is.

And before that, Vision was godmode. She will be powerful, but if you think she won't need help, then lol.

The MCU is like Dragonball. You have to keep upping the power levels of everyone as the threats become bigger. There is always a character or two that have an edge for a bit, before they get equalized (typically because everyone else gets raised up).

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The MCU is like Dragonball. You have to keep upping the power levels of everyone as the threats become bigger. There is always a character or two that have an edge for a bit, before they get equalized (typically because everyone else gets raised up).
This reminds me of the entire run of E.E. Doc Smith Lensman series. They start with big battles of missiles, and by the end of the series, throwing PLANETS of ANTIMATTER at your ennemy is... an obsolete and relatively ineffective weapon.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
This reminds me of the entire run of E.E. Doc Smith Lensman series. They start with big battles of missiles, and by the end of the series, throwing PLANETS of ANTIMATTER at your ennemy is... an obsolete and relatively ineffective weapon.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
And before that, Vision was godmode. She will be powerful, but if you think she won't need help, then lol.

So she's going to somehow be MORE unlikable than Goku? Seriously, universe's WORST father.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rewatched Iron Man 2 for first time since the theaters. I remember it being not bad but also unremarkable. It was a fun retrospective and the attempts of greater world building were cute. It was overall better than I had remembered.
The sad thing was seeing how badass Black Widow was yet knowing her character goes nowhere properly utilized. Don't get me wrong, she had her moments with Hulk, etc. But based on Iron Man 2, she could have been way more physical moving forward and showcased her hotness at least 80% more. I'm still baffled by the Terminator (no eyebrows) widow in IW

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Variety reports that the company is officially developing a limited series based on Jeremy Renner’s skilled archer character Hawkeye (aka. Clint Barton) with Renner himself attached to star.

The project is said to be an adventure series in which Barton passes the torch to Kate Bishop, the character who has taken up the mantle after Barton in the comics.

One of the few times where I don't mind the female recast. That series that introduced her was pretty decent. Besides she's basically a sarcastic/impuslive Hawkeye.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Same old news except, this part was new to me:

What If?

Based on the Marvel comic line of the same name, the animated series will examine zany alternate timelines based on “what if?” questions. The first episode will ask the question of “what if Peggy Carter became a super soldier?”

• 2Like

iamragnarok

Trakanon Raider

Same old news except, this part was new to me:

What If?

Based on the Marvel comic line of the same name, the animated series will examine zany alternate timelines based on “what if?” questions. The first episode will ask the question of “what if Peggy Carter became a super soldier?”
I absolutely loved the living shit out of What If when I was into Marvel comics. Out of all announcements, this intrigued me the most.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well with the way things are going I expect the following?

What if Iron Man was gay?

What if Captain America was a transgender?

• 3Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
With End Game coming out soon, will Joe and Anthony Russo be staying in the MCU?
Are they some of the best new directors out there or is it the material that makes them?
Really only known movie I could find directed by them was You, Me and Dupree (which I didnt see) but I did love Community and they did a lot of work on that

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wish they'd do Dr Strange. That would make a great monster of the week show.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>