Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
alright, but at least he had some time as Cap, they could have milked it for a few films and developed his replacement. the way it stands now, they need to retire the Cap title or bring back Evans.

Enjoy Falcon cap before they decide to somehow bring in:

latest

• 1Barf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yeah, i see that coming. thats why ive been saying the MCU is dead. was a hell of a run.
Our only hope is that they keep the Netflix Marvel shows canon so that she's not even born yet. lol. That's the daughter of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lil tidbit. First time in 10 years there has been no Marvel summer movie.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lil tidbit. First time in 10 years there has been no Marvel summer movie.
the only thing i am looking forward to is the Black Widow movie, but after that? Ching Chong: The Movie? Doctor Strange 2: electric boogaloo? Spiderman 3:Coming Out Homo?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the only thing i am looking forward to is the Black Widow movie, but after that? Ching Chong: The Movie? Doctor Strange 2: electric boogaloo? Spiderman 3:Coming Out Homo?
Heh.. asking the wrong person. I have a couple dozen issues of Shang Chi and probably at least 100 issues of Doctor Strange comics. Strangely I didn't collect much Spider-Man. I picked up mainly Avengers and X-Men related comics.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The Eternals: ripped Dinesh and Grandma Lara Croft save the Multiverse
Thor 4: Lesbian friends
Black Panther 2: Tyler Perrys House of Shaniqua Wakanda
Morbius: Who The Hell Keeps Casting Jared Leto

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Eternals: ripped Dinesh and Grandma Lara Croft save the Multiverse
Thor 4: Lesbian friends
Black Panther 2: Tyler Perrys House of Shaniqua Wakanda
Morbius: Who The Hell Keeps Casting Jared Leto

Eternals I am optimistic about because I like the Gilgamesh, Sersei, and Black Knight characters.
Thor 4 I have faith in cuz Taika hasn't let me down yet.
Black Panther 2 I am the most meh about.. however possible Namor.
I do like the Morbius character because of the Midnight Sons comics, but meh about the movie being in Venomverse.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Black Widow - I am cautiously optimistic, though don't see any way the Chunky Widow takeover works.
Doctor Strange 2 - Currently rewatching the MCU movies in order on D+, and Doctor Strange is fine. Besides, the Raimi hire is interesting - can he create anything current and interesting, or is it just received as Joe Johnston's Captain America 1 was, a too-retro slog? (cue Spider Man 3 jokes from the fans all the way through)
Thor 4 - Speaking of the rewatch, Thor 2 gets waaay too much hate - it is frankly much better than Thor 1 or Iron Man 2. That said, then watching Thor 3 soon after establishes just how much Taika did with the character and world. Sure, Valkalesbo and Lady Thor's implementations are likely going to suck, but even a severe downgrade from Thor 3 will still be fine.

Or to summarize, the Marvel universe has gone from basically the only thing that anyone cares about at the cinemas (other than the occasional Nolan film or John Wick entry) to less than half their entries over the next three years I only have mediocre interest in. It's kind of amazing how quickly they threw away their empire to chase after untapped minority markets / bow down to SJW pandering, depending on your politics.

At least the Disney Plus shows will still happen... right? (Not heard anything about why Falcon was delayed, if it was just post-production effects or our theorized racial tensions not being the best of subject matters at the moment.)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At least the Disney Plus shows will still happen... right? (Not heard anything about why Falcon was delayed, if it was just post-production effects or our theorized racial tensions not being the best of subject matters at the moment.)
Falcon went back to work for a week or something and it got shut down again. From what I heard they are like 1 episode from finishing. WandaVision is filmed and in the can already. It's just waiting for Black Widow and Falcon to air.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Black Widow - I am cautiously optimistic, though don't see any way the Chunky Widow takeover works.
Doctor Strange 2 - Currently rewatching the MCU movies in order on D+, and Doctor Strange is fine. Besides, the Raimi hire is interesting - can he create anything current and interesting, or is it just received as Joe Johnston's Captain America 1 was, a too-retro slog? (cue Spider Man 3 jokes from the fans all the way through)
Thor 4 - Speaking of the rewatch, Thor 2 gets waaay too much hate - it is frankly much better than Thor 1 or Iron Man 2. That said, then watching Thor 3 soon after establishes just how much Taika did with the character and world. Sure, Valkalesbo and Lady Thor's implementations are likely going to suck, but even a severe downgrade from Thor 3 will still be fine.

Or to summarize, the Marvel universe has gone from basically the only thing that anyone cares about at the cinemas (other than the occasional Nolan film or John Wick entry) to less than half their entries over the next three years I only have mediocre interest in. It's kind of amazing how quickly they threw away their empire to chase after untapped minority markets / bow down to SJW pandering, depending on your politics.

i said this before, there was one man standing in the way of marvel and Feige's inner wokeness. his name was Ike Perlmutter, he was an oldschool shitlord who wanted no part of that shit and just wanted comic book adaptions to be cool and not involve current day politics.

The power struggles between Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige and Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter haven’t been a secret for a bit now, but just how close Feige was to quitting was. According to actor Mark Ruffalo, Feige was on the verge of leaving during the first Avengers film, directed by Joss Whedon, who might have also been caught in the fray. The decisive struggle came about as Feige fought for more diversity in the MCU, specifically a woman-led Marvel film. Ruffalo told The Independent:

When we did the first Avengers, Kevin Feige told me, ‘Listen, I might not be here tomorrow.’ And he’s like, ‘Ike does not believe that anyone will go to a female-starring super movie.’ So if I am still here tomorrow you will know that I won that battle.’

Clearly Feige won, with Captain Marvel finally debuting in 2019 and Black Widow forthcoming in spring 2020. Other battles have been discussed, most notably by outgoing Disney CEO Bob Iger in his book The Ride of a Lifetime where he spoke to being instrumental in pushing Perlmutter to allow Black Panther and Captain Marvel to move forward in the production process. Iger oversaw the promotion of Feige to Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer in October 2019, which reduced Perlmutter’s power over the MCU and other areas of the Marvel brand.

Perlmutter is a controversial figure in the eyes of the industry and fans alike. Frugal to a point and known for keeping the MCU’s initial budgets low, Perlmutter is also tied to President Donald Trump. He is purported to be one of three “shadow rulers” of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and through a spokesperson Perlmutter did not deny the relationship, but said he merely volunteered advice to the President. Perlmutter himself is a veteran of the Israeli army, and is also famously camera-shy and has even been described as reclusive.

His eccentricities and powerful connections aside, the real problem with Perlmutter, who in the past has been rumored to have made offensive racial comments, would appear to be his blocking of more diverse Marvel films. The MCU is beginning to pride itself on its massively diverse field of characters and stories; the fact that its architect, Feige, was nearly driven out from Disney/Marvel by a controversial (if powerful) figure like Perlmutter seems almost incomprehensible today.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Black Widow should probably have happened 8-10 years ago. There's plenty of female characters they could pick and make movies with. If they can turn Guardians of the Galaxy into an awesome as fuck movie, you'd think turning She-Hulk or one of the mutant ladies or whatever could easily happen. Captain Marvel could have been a good movie, but instead of just letting the character be a badass they have to explain the character is a badass instead of just doing it. Helps if you cast someone that's at least reasonably charming or charismatic like they did for all the major roles in the previous movies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Black Widow should probably have happened 8-10 years ago. There's plenty of female characters they could pick and make movies with. If they can turn Guardians of the Galaxy into an awesome as fuck movie, you'd think turning She-Hulk or one of the mutant ladies or whatever could easily happen. Captain Marvel could have been a good movie, but instead of just letting the character be a badass they have to explain the character is a badass instead of just doing it. Helps if you cast someone that's at least reasonably charming or charismatic like they did for all the major roles in the previous movies.
Feige didnt want a charismatic female for CM, they wanted an activist like Anita Sarkeesian to show every white man how weak and toxic they really are. luckily the Russo Brothers tried to keep that shit down to just one small scene.
then they left Marvel.

Sterling

El Presidente
Feige didnt want a charismatic female for CM, they wanted an activist like Anita Sarkeesian to show every white man how weak and toxic they really are. luckily the Russo Brothers tried to keep that shit down to just one small scene.
then they left Marvel.
Right. I get all that, I'm just saying it's very possible to make good female super hero movies.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
then they left Marvel.
They left Marvel for now. If you watch some of their interviews and stuff you can tell they really want to do X-Men. They also said they are open to coming back for another Avengers since that's like 4-5 years down the line anyway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They left Marvel for now. If you watch some of their interviews and stuff you can tell they really want to do X-Men. They also said they are open to coming back for another Avengers since that's like 4-5 years down the line anyway.
sounds like they are skipping phase woke in hopes it returns to normal in a few years.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
sounds like they are skipping phase woke in hopes it returns to normal in a few years.
That's my secret hope with the china flu although I'm skeptical. Movie industry takes a beating from being closed the better part of a year so when it starts running again the push is to go back to what's proven to work. Of course BLM is essentially twisting that 180 degrees. Hopefully consumers are sick of the PC shit and don't just blindly flock to theaters when they reopen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users