Marvel Universe stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't the majority of X-Men comics and stories always had bigotry and persecution as the major theme?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Uh. Yes, x-men has always been inspired by the gay community experiencing persecution. The morlocks represented ostricization due to sexual orientation

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
With Brolin playing both Thanos and Cable we're gonna see the same actor playing 2 different main characters in 2 different comic book movies that will be running in theaters at the same time. Maybe I'm just forgetting something but I can't think of that ever happening before. I know Thanos is a CGI character but he still looks like Brolin.

Royal

Gary Oldman as Doctor Doom, though he'd have to sign up for long term.

That was one of the characters that got tossed out there when they discussed it yesterday on Heroes. I'm not sure which of their suggestions is my favorite but they had a couple of good ones (skips to the relevant part):

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That 14 year old... she's pretty nerdy. Not like Chobot 'nerdy' but like, you kinda weird me out.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2018/01/25/first-look-at-brie-larson-as-captain-marvel/amp/
larson01-1.jpg

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

That 14 year old... she's pretty nerdy. Not like Chobot 'nerdy' but like, you kinda weird me out.

Yeah she's a hardcore comic book nerd. All of the Heroes regulars are really. She does some of those table top RPG play sessions on some YouTube channel that are like 3 hours long each as well. So yeah, big nerd. I like hearing her perspective because while she's a comic book geek she tends to do way more celebrating of the things that happen in the movies while referencing where it all comes from rather than climbing up on a soapbox to nitpick and complain about the most minor deviations from the source material the way many of them do.

I think I like the JJJ idea for Oldman the best. I hadn't even considered a role like that for him when I first read the news that he was interested playing someone.

Last edited:

Royal

People are loosing their shit over this suit. They seem to break down into two camps:

1) "Green ... WTF ?!?!
2) "It just ugly and unflattering, too baggy, looks like a biker racing suit, etc, etc,"

It being a callback to the original Captain Marvel costume and probably not what he final suit will look like answers the first but I kinda agree with the later. Swapping the colors to red/blue/gold isn't going to change that. It's an ugly design, period. Hopefully her "real" suit ends up being different in more than just the color scheme and this one ends up being just a uniform of some sort.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm confident in saying that the company that developed Black Widow's outfit, not to mention the new Wasp outfit, isn't going to let us down when it comes to making the final costume for a hottie like Brie Larson.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
From what I've read, it's probably a generic Kree battle suit. Final version will be closer to the concept art I'd assume.

Brad2770

I'm confident in saying that the company that developed Black Widow's outfit, not to mention the new Wasp outfit, isn't going to let us down when it comes to making the final costume for a hottie like Brie Larson.

brie-larson-at-kong-skull-island-premiere-in-london-02-28-2017_3.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Royal

Well it is a different costume designer than the one who did Avengers and several other MCU movies. This is her first work for Marvel. Her other recent movies of note are a bunch of Fast and Furious, Maze Runner, and Star Trek:Beyond.

Some people have pointed out that it roughly matches the S.W.O.R.D. uniform color scheme. Did they exist in the 90's?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well it is a different costume designer than the one who did Avengers and several other MCU movies. This is her first work for Marvel. Her other recent movies of note are a bunch of Fast and Furious, Maze Runner, and Star Trek:Beyond.

Some people have pointed out that it roughly matches the S.W.O.R.D. uniform color scheme. Did they exist in the 90's?
My boy Feige will make sure we see that tight body. In a very feminist-safe way, of course!

Given the history of the MCU as we've seen it, there is no reason to think that SWORD existed then, but all they have to do is say that it did and that's that. Particularly since they've decided to put her movie there, when I never would have guessed that prior to the news.

However, I don't think it has anything to do with SWORD, and the color similarities are just fans looking for any kind of connection. I'm far more invested in the theory that it is some sort of Kree-related uniform that everyone wears.

Royal

26815425_2118451474838080_5945253797417664454_n.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Sword was created in 2006, astonishing xmen, Joss whedon