Marvel Universe stuff

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
She could be powered up by the power cosmic, not necessarily the stones. I know they say she gets her powers from the mind stone in a throw away line, but does she even really know where or how she got her power (other than the obvious being that she was experimented on and escaped)? And why is Quicksilver fast, when that seemingly has no correlation to any of the stones?

The spear wasn't the mind stone, it was powered by it. When they break it open and drop it into Vision the stone itself is yellow. The stones need an...enchanted vessel in order for most mortals to operate them. Space stone in the Tesseract. Mind stone in the spear (later within Vision as the vessel). Time stone in the Eye of Agamodo. Ronan tosses the Power stone into his hammer. Soul stone was never used outside the Gauntlet, but I'm hoping Adam Warlock gets it from the multiverse tomfoolery. Starlord and Thanos were able to palm fist the Power stone because they're (or rather, were) celestial or whatever beings.

The Aether (Reality "stone") is a bit amorphous and seems much more likely where SW's power originates. Portman being able to carry it within her will likely drive the story of her becoming Thor. Maybe it gave her cancer like the comics.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not saying this is canon or anything, and even if they were thinking it at the time they didn't have the rights to any of it, but some of the speculation is that the mind stone simply "flipped the switch" that activated her mutant gene, which is why her powers can literally be whatever they want them to be. Along with explaining why her brother got super speed instead. The mind stone didn't "give" them powers, it just turned them on so they could access them.

Granted, that sort of flies in the face of the part where they say Wanda is the only one that can destroy it, because she's "linked" to it, but you could easily explain that as being a wild guess and it was really just that she is massively overpowered. Maybe Thor could have bashed Vision in the head with Stormbreaker and shattered it too. Or Culk could have gotten mad enough pre-cuckening and smashed it. Wanda was just the best choice because they thought she was linked to it and was powerful enough to do it whether they were right or not. She was about to rape Thanos with a rusty dildo before he called for Danger Close Rain Fire, so who knows.

As for the show (haven't watched the newest episode yet), I feel like she's altering reality itself, not just people's perception of it. The barrier fucked up Monica's DNA, that's a reality alteration right there. She just has both mental AND reality altering powers. Which is why she's OP as fuck.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so something that confuses me and I guess I just saw it really on the stupid wandavision show ... The mind stone is yellow? But it was blue in lokis sphere? Do you think they just fucked up when they did it all initially for the movies? Or is there some comic book thing where the stone is yellow with a blue outer layer or whatever? Just seems confusion that it's blue in the tesseract, then its yellow in vision.... and wandas colors are red!

The Tesseract has the space stone inside, actually. But yes Loki's staff had the mind stone.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
She was originally thought to be a mutant child of Mags, but that was retconned and she was actually powered by Chaos magic. Not familiar where that comes from.

Fadaar

That guy
She was originally thought to be a mutant child of Mags, but that was retconned and she was actually powered by Chaos magic. Not familiar where that comes from.

MCU had to do it since Marvel/Disney didn't have the rights to mutants at the time, AKA no mention of Magneto was allowed. Now with the Fox acquisition things might change. Go watch WandaVision to see what I'm talking about if you haven't already seen it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
MCU had to do it since Marvel/Disney didn't have the rights to mutants at the time, AKA no mention of Magneto was allowed. Now with the Fox acquisition things might change. Go watch WandaVision to see what I'm talking about if you haven't already seen it.
They weren't even originally Mags children. That was introduced in... 1981? Then even that was retconned in comics before they appeared in Age of Ultron. Unrelated to the MCU/Fox licensing disparity. Even still, I don't see them being connected to the introduction of mutants.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She could be powered up by the power cosmic, not necessarily the stones. I know they say she gets her powers from the mind stone in a throw away line, but does she even really know where or how she got her power (other than the obvious being that she was experimented on and escaped)? And why is Quicksilver fast, when that seemingly has no correlation to any of the stones?

The spear wasn't the mind stone, it was powered by it. When they break it open and drop it into Vision the stone itself is yellow. The stones need an...enchanted vessel in order for most mortals to operate them. Space stone in the Tesseract. Mind stone in the spear (later within Vision as the vessel). Time stone in the Eye of Agamodo. Ronan tosses the Power stone into his hammer. Soul stone was never used outside the Gauntlet, but I'm hoping Adam Warlock gets it from the multiverse tomfoolery. Starlord and Thanos were able to palm fist the Power stone because they're (or rather, were) celestial or whatever beings.

The Aether (Reality "stone") is a bit amorphous and seems much more likely where SW's power originates. Portman being able to carry it within her will likely drive the story of her becoming Thor. Maybe it gave her cancer like the comics.

thanos touches a bare stone, ok he's fucking thanos (they don't say he's celestiala in mcu)
18b55a350aac4926329c90646631efe7.png

peter quill and the power of friendship can touch a stone, ok he's half celestial
ed72cf499f6a69b23a416d5dc841bb6e.png

but some bald bitch can "sorta" (looks like shes floating it) touch it and just drops it into the gamma radiated hand of hulk, sure

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
thanos touches a bare stone, ok he's fucking thanos (they don't say he's celestiala in mcu)
18b55a350aac4926329c90646631efe7.png

peter quill and the power of friendship can touch a stone, ok he's half celestial
ed72cf499f6a69b23a416d5dc841bb6e.png

but some bald bitch can "sorta" (looks like shes floating it) touch it and just drops it into the gamma radiated hand of hulk, sure
Thanos is an Eternal. That's like one step down from celestial in the cosmic power level.

She's the Scorcerer Supreme and can pull power from the multiverse. Still doesn't touch it. Hulk is literally powered by the cosmos - gamma radiation. That's why he survived the first reverse snap.

And apparently only the Power stone is shown to actively damage the person holding it. Thanos pulls it out of the gauntlet, fists it in his other hand, then punches Captain Marvel in the best thing that's ever happened to her. Oh, and when he put it in the gauntlet he's actively grimacing.
81a.gif

tumblr_py3ujjzTTa1stmf6to1_500.gif

Ronan holding the Power stone
tenor (7).gif

Thor takes Power stone to the face.
main-qimg-cdfc9bc593c7393ea62a6c4c358a408b.gif

He already had the Reality "stone" at the beginning of IW.
main-qimg-d36d4d3e67bfccc41f9f9728086710ed.gif

Meanwhile the Space stone just rolls around in his hand.
385f96dc4365f43f1f9845fcb096d44f.gif

Soul stone.
intro-1557409327.jpg

Time stone. Maybe that's just how it works?
VchA3v.gif

Mind stone.
tenor (5).gif

Bonus.
giphy (4).gif

• 12Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Caliane

yeah, only the power stone fucks people up.

also, being able to hold it, is just a measure of being bad ass. powerful people can. hulk, thor, captain marvel, kree etc can just fine. hell, Gamora probably could.
Regular humans can't. Peter not dieing, was indication, he was not a regular human.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Thanos is an Eternal. That's like one step down from celestial in the cosmic power level.

She's the Scorcerer Supreme and can pull power from the multiverse. Still doesn't touch it. Hulk is literally powered by the cosmos - gamma radiation. That's why he survived the first reverse snap.

And apparently only the Power stone is shown to actively damage the person holding it. Thanos pulls it out of the gauntlet, fists it in his other hand, then punches Captain Marvel in the best thing that's ever happened to her. Oh, and when he put it in the gauntlet he's actively grimacing.
View attachment 338126

View attachment 338127

Ronan holding the Power stone
View attachment 338135

Thor takes Power stone to the face.
View attachment 338134

He already had the Reality "stone" at the beginning of IW.
View attachment 338130

Meanwhile the Space stone just rolls around in his hand.
View attachment 338128

Soul stone.
View attachment 338131

Time stone. Maybe that's just how it works?
View attachment 338132

Mind stone.
View attachment 338129

Bonus.
View attachment 338133

Hey dude, seriously wanted to give you props on this post. Amazing how you had every stone being put into the gauntlet. I hadn’t caught on that only the power stone hurt people. Or that it was the power stone to Thor’s head. I had wondered too how people were just handling all these other stones. Seriously great and useful post. I wish I could give multiple props for it.

Kinda curious if these stones were inspired by lord of the rings, the one ring, etc.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hey dude, seriously wanted to give you props on this post. Amazing how you had every stone being put into the gauntlet. I hadn’t caught on that only the power stone hurt people. Or that it was the power stone to Thor’s head. I had wondered too how people were just handling all these other stones. Seriously great and useful post. I wish I could give multiple props for it.

Kinda curious if these stones were inspired by lord of the rings, the one ring, etc.
it first started as a soul gem, then later stories it was 6 soul gems with different powers, (soul gem just refers to what it is, not the power, thats later) theyre finally established as the infinity gems in thanos quest you can give it a quick read here, i actually like this more than the inifinity gauntlet, which is what it leads into

i forget why theyre called the infinity stones now instead of gems, theyve been gems forever, in the marvel/capcom game when an infinity gem drops on the floor it makes a "clink" gem sound.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it first started as a soul gem, then later stories it was 6 soul gems with different powers, (soul gem just refers to what it is, not the power, thats later) theyre finally established as the infinity gems in thanos quest you can give it a quick read here, i actually like this more than the inifinity gauntlet, which is what it leads into

i forget why theyre called the infinity stones now instead of gems, theyve been gems forever, in the marvel/capcom game when an infinity gem drops on the floor it makes a "clink" gem sound.
Infinity Minerals!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What I don't get is why Thanos wasn't affected when he did the snap, but every other time it was used it fucked the user, including him, up.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not saying this is canon or anything, and even if they were thinking it at the time they didn't have the rights to any of it, but some of the speculation is that the mind stone simply "flipped the switch" that activated her mutant gene, which is why her powers can literally be whatever they want them to be. Along with explaining why her brother got super speed instead. The mind stone didn't "give" them powers, it just turned them on so they could access them.

Actually that got a better explanation with the latest episode of Wandavision. It looks as though the Mind Stone might have chosen her. That makes sense if you figure that the stone is shown to be sentient in Avengers Ultron. It awoke and enhanced her latent "witch" abilities. She should not actually be able to create realities simply based on the effects of the Mindstone. However, if the Mindstone augmented her true latent abilities and then greatly enhanced them, part of those abilities might involve warping reality via Chaos magic. So, while it is true that the Mindstone does possess the ability that is imbued into the Reality Stone/Gem/Mineral, it did enhance Wanda's very limited witch/chaos magic based ability.

Rude

Potato del Grande
uhhh... did you not watch Endgame? he was totally fucked up physically from it
I'm assuming he meant Infinity war. His left arm looked like it got smoked but not to the extent it was after busting the stones up from his second snap

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah I just fired up Endgame to make sure i wasn't crazy, entire left side of his body is torched

That was after he used the stones to destroy the stones. I don't recall anything happening after the initial snap. Maybe I'm dumb and just didnt notice