Marvel Universe stuff

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Here's to hoping that by the end of the DD series the current guy is replaced by Ben
Affleck and then by a black woman.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Good point. I had forgotten about that side of Namor.

View attachment 424192

When is someone going to ever mention this? Yeah the planet has been through some shit over the last decade, but part of a giant stone dude sticking out past the clouds should still warrant a background nod at least.

Which one of you is this? (You best be sure I'm about to trawl that person's reddit history for BoozeCube BoozeCube style lolz

Screenshot_20220726-193413.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I dunno phase 5 looks pretty good tbh.

Do I care about the Marvels? Maybe.... Ms. Marvel was great but the things that made it great wont be in the film.

Echo will have a lot of Kingpin and Daredevil (and rumor is Jessica Jones), that should be pretty good even if I dont care about Echo.

Agatha should be fun, she was the best part of Wandavision

The only one I am totally meh on is Ironheart because I hated the comic character and I doubt they will change her enough to fix that for me

Rest? Looks good, lots I'd be interested to watch if its done well. Also that untitled film could be Deadpool! (and the fact it essentially comes out on Valentines Day mimics Deadpool 1) I imagine we will find out at D23

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno phase 5 looks pretty good tbh.

Do I care about the Marvels? Maybe.... Ms. Marvel was great but the things that made it great wont be in the film.

Echo will have a lot of Kingpin and Daredevil (and rumor is Jessica Jones), that should be pretty good even if I dont care about Echo.

Agatha should be fun, she was the best part of Wandavision

The only one I am totally meh on is Ironheart because I hated the comic character and I doubt they will change her enough to fix that for me

Rest? Looks good, lots I'd be interested to watch if its done well. Also that untitled film could be Deadpool! (and the fact it essentially comes out on Valentines Day mimics Deadpool 1) I imagine we will find out at D23
This has to be a parody post. Ms Marvel was great? Agatha was the best part of Wanda vision? Ironheart is straight retarded, why not just have a female superhero that isn't motivated by nonsense and has her own powers.

I'll give you this, season 1 of JJ was solid and the villain was one of the best ever IMO. DD was really good at times and Kingpin in the series was a complex interesting character. They've already shit that up though. At this point I'm ready for Hindsight Lad.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Everything after Infinity War was a mistake. There's been a grand total of one consensus A+ movie since then, Spider-Man No Way Home. I know there's some people here who will argue me on that. Pre-emptive fuck you, you're wrong.

• 3Like
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I wouldn't say What If?, Loki, Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4 the Hawkeye tv series were mistakes. Those were definitely worth a watch. So you are wrong.

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
I wouldn't say What If?, Loki, Dr Strange 2 and Thor 4 the Hawkeye tv series were mistakes. Those were definitely worth a watch. So you are wrong.

Sorry I should have specified movies only. The TV shows, while not all home runs, have been mostly above average especially compared to the movie offerings. Except F&WS, sucks the series I was originally looking forward to the most was the worst. I also did not watch Ms Marvel, don't give two shits about that character. DS2 was... ok. I went in with really high hopes, came out disappointed. Thor 4 haven't dragged my ass to the theater and probably won't, will wait for it hit D+ or the high seas.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm it seems that Namor is the king of Talocan in Black Panther 2. They decided to ditch 'Atlantis' and went with a word from Mayan mythology to strengthen the connection.

I'm guessing the Talocanians were really pissed off by their land dwelling relations considering they let the Aztecs and then the Spanish conquer them. But I suppose that's not really different than the blind eye Wakanda turned to the rest of Africa.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm it seems that Namor is the king of Talocan in Black Panther 2. They decided to ditch 'Atlantis' and went with a word from Mayan mythology to strengthen the connection.

It not only lets them dodge some Aquaman comparisons, but it will probably allow them to do more Gods tie ins since we have seen them in BP and Moon Knight, then front and center in Thor 4 (and really cemented post credits).

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
This has to be a parody post. Ms Marvel was great? Agatha was the best part of Wanda vision? Ironheart is straight retarded, why not just have a female superhero that isn't motivated by nonsense and has her own powers.

I'll give you this, season 1 of JJ was solid and the villain was one of the best ever IMO. DD was really good at times and Kingpin in the series was a complex interesting character. They've already shit that up though. At this point I'm ready for Hindsight Lad.

Yes the 'ol How to tell someone hasn't watched Ms. Marvel without them saying so. Look its okay that you are upset that it wasn't a dumpster fire. Believe it or not I am not the only one on the board that feels this way, the thread is generally positive.

And yea Kathryn Hahn was the best part of Wandavision, the rest of the show got lost up its own ass after a great first couple episodes where you could tell something was seriously wrong but didn't know what. She hammed it up, played each era's character very well and had a fantastic theme song. The rest of the show was fine at best excluding a stupid way of brining back Vision which we still haven't seen any follow up to ( I really hated they brought him back its okay to leave characters dead).

Ironheart is retarded I agree which is why I have no interest in it.

As for Daredevil, JJ, Kingpin etc, I am giving them a mulligan on Hawkeye's Kingpin. The scenes with him and Eleanor Bishop were great and straight out of Netflix's version awkward fight at the end against Kate aside. The thing is they are doing Marvel Zombies as TV-MA, if they do the same for the new Daredevil show I am quite okay with giving it a go.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
At this point, I fail to see how we’ll ever get a legit Galactus onscreen that follows the Fantastic Four comics. Hasn’t Earth been involved in enough cosmic level shit that Galactus either wouldn’t touch it, wouldn’t be allowed to touch it, or would munch it in such a way as to avoid any puny human intervention?

”Fuck sending in the Herald. I’m sneaking in and wrecking this trash-planet before Hawkeye can pew pew me with arrows!”

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At this point, I fail to see how we’ll ever get a legit Galactus onscreen that follows the Fantastic Four comics. Hasn’t Earth been involved in enough cosmic level shit that Galactus either wouldn’t touch it, wouldn’t be allowed to touch it, or would munch it in such a way as to avoid any puny human intervention?

”Fuck sending in the Herald. I’m sneaking in and wrecking this trash-planet before Hawkeye can pew pew me with arrows!”
Galactus could just be a F4 movie villain. It doesn't need to even be an Avengers movie.

• 1Rustled