Marvel Universe stuff

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The movies don't care that shows exist is the problem. The shows contribute nothing to the overall universe and movie quality has simply gone down.

Dead ends and side stories don't get us hyped for lesser content that drives past.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I thought Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight were good.

Loki and Wandavision while not great but still enjoyable.

Falcon and Winter Soldier was pretty bad.

She-Hulk was also pretty bad.
Moon knight was fucking garbage.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The movies don't care that shows exist is the problem. The shows contribute nothing to the overall universe and movie quality has simply gone down.

Dead ends and side stories don't get us hyped for lesser content that drives past.
This is no longer true with the Disney+ shows. An example of that is how the ending of Wandavision is what leads to Doctor Strange 2 and you would be missing context about what Wanda was doing in that movie if you didn't watch the show.

Every show so far has a little something that will feed into the movies like new characters or advancing some personal stories for existing characters.
The quality of everything going down is the main issue, its getting to be a lot of hit and miss and trending for more misses than hits.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know it was a bit talky, but their only chance to get me to watch a thing now is to bring daredevil out and return to the tone of the Netflix version. Then pay that Spider-Man kid to be in a show or two so he can get the fuck beat out of him by kingpin.

spronk

FPS noob
how is ms marvel, incredible she hulk, and secret invasion? i bailed on the TV shows after falcon/WS, it was utter trash as you say. i heard secret invasion is even worse (how?) but don't hear anyone really talk about the other 2, i assume they are for the ladies

i watched half of civil war last night for the first time since it was in theaters as im in a spidey mood (thanks to the game, awesome game) and goddamn its so fucking good its wild how shit the MCU has gotten to in phase 4. Marvel hit absolute gold with ScarJo, RDJ, Chris Evans, Chadwick Boseman, Winter Soldier, etc and the new people they keep bringing in are real garbage in comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And yeah, I know this is going to surprise a lot of you, but I am a massive MCU fan, and have been ever since seeing Iron-Man in theaters and falling into this strange sense of wonder. Then I saw Hulk what felt like only a couple months later, and this also had an after credits scene! Holy shit, I was hooked.

it's not a surprise to anyone. MCU up until End Game were must-see movies at the cinema probably for most of us here.

Fucker

Log Wizard
how is ms marvel, incredible she hulk, and secret invasion? i bailed on the TV shows after falcon/WS, it was utter trash as you say. i heard secret invasion is even worse (how?) but don't hear anyone really talk about the other 2, i assume they are for the ladies

i watched half of civil war last night for the first time since it was in theaters as im in a spidey mood (thanks to the game, awesome game) and goddamn its so fucking good its wild how shit the MCU has gotten to in phase 4. Marvel hit absolute gold with ScarJo, RDJ, Chris Evans, Chadwick Boseman, Winter Soldier, etc and the new people they keep bringing in are real garbage in comparison.
I didn't watch Marvel beyond the first ep. She Hulk and SI were complete trash. I didn't finish She Hulk, but I watched SI to the end as punishment for having started it at all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
. Marvel hit absolute gold with ScarJo, RDJ, Chris Evans, Chadwick Boseman, Winter Soldier, etc and the new people they keep bringing in are real garbage in comparison.
diversity and the new people worked for peanuts. they also saved more money by cheaping out on CGI. they saved so much money on these cost cutting measures that they lost billions of dollars in the last 2 years.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

Ms Marvel is ok to good. Its an introduction of a new character and it works.
She Hulk is weak. It feels like they never really decided on what they wanted to do with the show and the result is just not good.
Secret Invasion is very poor. No real redeeming features.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
She Hulk seemed like a waste of Tatiana Maslany. She was great in Orphan Black.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think I finished the second episode of SI. God it was bad. Skipped Ms. marvel entirely.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Ms Marvel is good, but it aimed at younger crowd. It's about a teenage girl, with teenagers problems, teenagers crushes etc. The actress playing Ms Marvel is great, and her enthusiasm at being Ms Marvel is contagious. Again, it's aimed at a younger crowd but if you're ok with that it's pretty good.

Secret Invasion is bad, and worse it is a total character assassination of Nick Fury as a character. There's a line where Fury says that he is who he is because of his mom and his wife. I don't recommend it all if you want to keep a positive memory of Nick Fury, it's truly pathetic how they treat the character.

She-Hulk is also pretty bad, most of the 4th wall breaking and comedy just fell flat. Nothing redeeming about, and doesn't tie into anything as it's self contained so you're not missing anything by skipping it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Ms Marvel was ok. no one cares about the story or the character development, but the main char did a good job and she's a true fan. it didn't have any woke crap. i feel sorry for her having to be tainted by the marvel moving that's about to come out.

winter solder and falcon could have been good, but my god the rest of the acting and fake captain was .... no words

but the worst of all, and i hate anyone that doesn't agree, is she-hulk was the worst. shit just made no sense. it shit on both Hulk and Daredevil for no reason. fuck whoever approved that shit. 4th wall breaking was so cringy and I love Deadpool.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Ms Marvel was ok. no one cares about the story or the character development, but the main char did a good job and she's a true fan. it didn't have any woke crap. i feel sorry for her having to be tainted by the marvel moving that's about to come out.

winter solder and falcon could have been good, but my god the rest of the acting and fake captain was .... no words

but the worst of all, and i hate anyone that doesn't agree, is she-hulk was the worst. shit just made no sense. it shit on both Hulk and Daredevil for no reason. fuck whoever approved that shit. 4th wall breaking was so cringy and I love Deadpool.
Fuck the paki bitch

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Moon knight was fucking garbage.

Moon Knight is 6 episodes of always just about to get really good, but never does and then just ends.

But don't worry, Marvel gives a giant "Fuck you" to the audience by having the final climactic battle happen during a black out that affects the audience, too. It's like they said, "Hey, remember how stupid and shitty that show Heroes was after the first season? Let's do that"

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

She-Hulk was REALLY bad, anyone who watched it would agree, but shit, that asian director threw fire at her own side too. they completely shit on Kevin Feige at the end. i dont think he was happy about it either. its pretty funny that it seems the female directors at Marvel dislike him. to be fair, the male directors arent crazy about him either. dude is a giant asshole. we all thought he was a golden boy and it was really Perlmutter slowing his roll all this time.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Ms Marvel had good casting and characters, but felt like they were trying to squeeze three seasons of story arcs into one relatively short season.

She Hulk and Secret Invasion? Eeeehhhh... less than great.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ms Marvel is good, but it aimed at younger crowd. It's about a teenage girl, with teenagers problems, teenagers crushes etc. The actress playing Ms Marvel is great, and her enthusiasm at being Ms Marvel is contagious. Again, it's aimed at a younger crowd but if you're ok with that it's pretty good.

Secret Invasion is bad, and worse it is a total character assassination of Nick Fury as a character. There's a line where Fury says that he is who he is because of his mom and his wife. I don't recommend it all if you want to keep a positive memory of Nick Fury, it's truly pathetic how they treat the character.

She-Hulk is also pretty bad, most of the 4th wall breaking and comedy just fell flat. Nothing redeeming about, and doesn't tie into anything as it's self contained so you're not missing anything by skipping it.

The only good thing that came out of She-Hulk was further introducing Charlie Cox as Daredevil into the MCU. Also enjoyed the scenes with Tim Roth as Abomination. Rest of it was a f'n dumpster fire.

With Marvel taking their wokeness to a whole new level with "The Marvels", I'm curious if the upcoming new X-Men movie that will tie into the MCU will be retitled X-They. I fully expect it at this point.