Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arrow is just as bad as this show, not sure why people think its amazing.

OMFG they added every DC character, but the writing still sucks balls...
Listen to column, arrow has been on for almost 2 seasons with minimal criticism and masive praise from comic fans then you have this thread. What's terrible about arrow?

Column_sl

shitlord
Listen to column, arrow has been on for almost 2 seasons with minimal criticism and masive praise from comic fans then you have this thread. What's terrible about arrow?
Comic nerds liked Smallville as well....

Its got the same shitty CW-y dialogue , terrible acting, and a retarded story with more plot holes then swiss cheese.

So everything.

Caliane

Not a big fan of Arrow.

And since Smallville was mentioned. that was loved/hated. General consensus for that was it was always spotty. good when good, bad when bad. Everyone hated Lana.

Marvel's ownership deals with Movies probably causes issues with introduction characters I imagine.
Victoria Hand is coming in.

Luke cage and friends are getting their own netflix shows remember.
Angel alumni guy is probably Patriot, but not named yet.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I consider this show very weak, but Arrow is unwatchable CW garbage. Nothing on that channel is good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This weeks episode of Arrow had more action and story archs developed than all ten episodes of agents of shite. More than its entire run in the future as well. The pacing of Arrow is unequaled. Its actually a ittle shocking how fast thing are moving on that show

Sterling

El Presidente
Both shows are objectively pretty bad. That said I actually enjoy Arrow bad points be damned. This show is pretty painful to watch, but I'm a huge fucking nerd so I'll tough it out at least till the end of the season.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
It's a lot easier for Arrow to use DC characters, because they are pretty much all worthless IPs outside of Batman and Superman (who will not show up in Arrow). I am sure though that Marvel also has a bunch of worthless IPs to throw at Agents of SHIELD, but it's both easier and better to just create stuff for the show.
One of the reasons Marvel may not use more well known characters is payments, depending on how and who created the character payments could be involved, it's happened in the past with both DC and Marvel unwilling to use certain characters in media other then comics just so not to have creator payments.

That said I have no idea whose in the Shield show, couldn't get past the first episode.

fucker_sl

shitlord
this show continues to be beyond retarded. there are no other words to describe it. The bad acting and storylines come later. It's the stupidity of the situations that boggles me. I mean....who fucking green light this stuff? there must be a chain of production that gives the "ok" to the scrips. It can't be just one guy, right ? So how is it possible that no one punched in the face the guy who came with the idea of that fight scene in the hangar ?

top agents from the best secret agency of the world storm the hideout of a worldwide powerful ultratechnological crime organization with 3 supersoldiers....and they dont have ones fucking lethal weapon ?

seriously ?

i understand this is a disney show for families, but...what the fuck ?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even worse is they ask, "where is our backup?" and coulson points to the black dude and says, "he is our backup". thats it, that was their plan, send black guy in. derp derp derp.

these guys are fighting super stuff, but use stun guns or nothing.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Didn't make it halfway through this one. There's no point and it's boring aside from skye doing her look that boners me.

Arrow is about as close as you're going to get to a Nolan style TV show... And on a small budget it's great.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
This show was made as a vehicle for Coulson/expand upon SHIELD. The fact is, Coulson alone can not keep this show afloat without Avenger members around him

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they probably could have had captain america or the hulk in some of these by now. mark ruffalo or chris evans are not exactly A-List stars. this show was sparked by the success of the avengers, not the dingleberries who work around them. its like a tv show about ninjas where they focus on the dudes who sew the ninja uniforms and their struggles with silk supplies.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God, I hate your stupid fucking posts so much that I almost defended a show I don't even like just out of spite.

"Durr they should just have the Hulk!"

Fuck's sake.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah sorry dude, i guess it was pretty dumb to expect the hulk, captain america or some other marvel superhero would appear in this show based on marvel superheroes. please forgive

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and if that is the case, then this show was DoA at the pilot. im sure i wasnt the only person who after 6 years of marvel superhero movies expected to see marvel superheroes in a tv series with the marvel brand at the forefront. they should have just called it, agent coulson and friends. or simply agent coulson goes tahitian!
tongue.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
and if that is the case, then this show was DoA at the pilot. im sure i wasnt the only person who after 6 years of marvel superhero movies expected to see marvel superheroes in a tv series with the marvel brand at the forefront. they should have just called it, agent coulson and friends. or simply agent coulson goes tahitian!
tongue.png
Well, since you're complaining about it, they DID call it exactly what you demanded...Agents of SHIELD. They didn't call it Superheroes of SHIELD. Agents. Like the ones that populate seemingly half the shows on television already.

The Marvel at the front is purely for brand/name recognition. I guarantee that even if they had named it one of your ideas, it would have been Marvel's Agent Coulson and Friends for exactly the same reason. Because no one but us geeks know wtf SHIELD even is, let alone Agent Coulson and Friends, so they toss Marvel in front of it to get people to watch.

Like Grimmlokk said, the show isn't very good, but sometimes I marvel (no pun intended) at the way your brain works compared to everyone else's. Speaking of, you clearly hate this show, and not in a Walking Dead way, so why do you keep watching?

fucker_sl

shitlord
because he's an idiot who can't understand that the problem of this show is not the lack of superheroes. It's the terrible teenage drama level of stupidity scripts, dialogues and characters. Add to this the bad actors and you just brewed one of the most underwhelming show in the past decade

i normally watch a serie for one season and half before i jump the ship. You know, not all series can start great and you got to give them time to fix themself (Star Trek: TNG is the perfect example of a not so good serie turned amazing after the first season)

this serie however is pushing me to do it earlier.....