Marvel's Iron Fist

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
If these reviewers have only seen half the season, how can they give it a total rating?

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
"And let me be clear: Iron Fist’s problems with its portrayal of Asian cultures and Asian-Americans are embedded throughout every episode. It’s just that its problems with delivering exposition, crafting consistent characters, and even basic dialogue writing run right alongside.

Sure, this is a show where a white male character explains how to punch to an Asian-American, female head of her own dojo, in her own dojo — wait, let me be painfully specific. A white male character explains his martial art — which was made up by white men in the 1970s as a nonspecifically Asian but definitionally more powerful technique than those invented by actual Asian cultures — to an Asian-American, female expert in actual martial arts developed by actual Asian cultures."

That is all you probably need to know about these "reviews".

Shit, maybe the show will be the worst of what has been put out so far but I'll see for myself.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
14% on rotten tomatoes 5/10 average review.

I wanted to jump on the 'whiny internet critics give bad reviews cause the show doesn't conform to their ideologies' bandwagon and while a bunch of reviews do that there's a lot that just say the show boring as shit, slow, with the action scenes being few and far between.

I think most reviews have only seen 6 episodes so maybe it has a fantastic last half. But it's not like Marvel Netflix shows have a perfect record. I really liked most of Daredevil, but Jessica Jones only saving grace was Kilgrave and Luke Cage was boring and stupid as fuck. I mean showrunner is the same guy who did the last few seasons of Dexter... It wouldn't be exactly shocking if Iron Fist turns out to be a shit show.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
'Iron Fist' Review: Come for the Fights, Stay...for the Corporate Litigation?

This seems like a decent review without the virtue signaling bullshit. 3/5

Each Marvel Netflix series is different, and they aren’t tailored to appeal to everyone. Daredevil has never been my speed, though I adored Jessica Jones. I loved the first four episodes of Luke Cage, which earned it a 5-star review at the time, but once I watched the rest of the series I very much wished to downgrade it. I say this because I don’t want to pick on Iron Fist, it’s just that we’ve seen these issues in the other series, and Iron Fist didn’t learn from them. If anything, it doubled-down on the problems. Because of that, my patience is up with these Defender solo seasons. Iron Fist isn’t terrible, and some of it is actually very good, but it should be so much better. What could have been the boldest series is instead the quietest. Seriously … in the comics, the man gets his powers from punching a dragon in the heart, but that’s withheld from us? If I wanted to focus more on reality I wouldn’t spend so much time watching superhero TV.

Not as bad as bad as the ratings say just

dLUEc2d.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do have to wonder if this show is as bad as reviews are making it sound, if this becomes the first Marvel series to not get a second season. He could live on through Defenders and be like the Black Widow of the Netflix series, where he just shows up from time to time.

It was bound to happen with all the netflix series having those pacing issues that it would congeal on one of the new shows, just glad it wasn't Punisher series. Never watched Dexter but read a lot people saying that Scott Buck did the bad seasons of it and now he's in charge of Inhumans, might end up seeing a shake up if Iron Fist gets seriously panned when its released.

Inhumans is already filming, so I don't think any shaking up could be done before the first season wraps. By that time, they should be able to tell whether or not he's going to do a good job with it. I just don't understand why they put this guy in charge of two shows right off the bat.

I don't think they really had a clear vision of what to do with Iron Fist. They knew they needed to have him for the Defenders but there's likely a reason he was the last series they worked on.

And I think it's because it was the last show, it made it a lot more difficult to work on. Development on The Defenders has already begun, and they knew Iron Fist had to come out first, so it was in a much bigger time crunch than any of the other series. At some point, there's a deadline where it has to come out so The Defenders can release on time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't know what all the complaints are for Luke Cage. Seven episodes was the perfect length. Great finale.

That sounded more sarcastic in my head.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You have to admit the show dropped off BIGTIME when Cottonmouth died. It was still good, but man Diamondback was an anchor.

It didn't fall off that much. But hey, swim down the stream with the rest of the lemmings.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really liked Like Cage but Diamondback was not handled well. They needed to build him up more. Cottonmouth was a much more interesting and relatable villain.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Diamondback was so over the top batshit crazy there's just no way to take him seriously. Add in the power ranger outfit and the Meteor Man final fight and it was cringeworthy at the end

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Most of what I've read so far in reviews have basically said it's rough in the 6 episodes they've seen...but then go on to basically complain about Danny Rand being white.

This is the exact opposite of why Get Out was at 100% on RT.

It definitely doesn't sound like it's going to meet my expectations but fuck this new style of Hollywood review where you might catch backlash if you review something based on its merits and instead review based on racial sensitivity.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
It didn't fall off that much. But hey, swim down the stream with the rest of the lemmings.

Totally disagree. And fuck you for not making an actual argument, asshole.

Fucking magic bullets was enough to say the second half of the series was bull shit, but throw in a laughable villain and the stupid extra background where they shared a dad that some how Luke managed to totally forget?

C'mon. And let's not get into the scene with the tank where they save him...Ugh such bull shit.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Luke Cage was shit. Nothing happens for the entire episode then something shocking happens at the end to keep you watching.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thankfully the rest of the world disagrees with you lemmings. Luke Cage had a rotten tomatoes score of 96%. But hey, keep being the best edgelords that you can be.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Thankfully the rest of the world disagrees with you lemmings. Luke Cage had a rotten tomatoes score of 96%. But hey, keep being the best edgelords that you can be.

Didn't I just get done explaining that RT is total bullshit? That's your argument? I say again, fuck you.

Luke Cage was a good/great show until the bait and switch. It was mediocre at best after.

Why are you so invested in us liking Luke Cage? Hmm?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't I just get done explaining that RT is total bullshit? That's your argument? I say again, fuck you.

Luke Cage was a good/great show until the bait and switch. It was mediocre at best after.

Why are you so invested in us liking Luke Cage? Hmm?

I'm not invested in you liking this show, or Jessica Jones or Daredevil. They were all fine shows (pacing issues aside) that most of you (on this board) said you really liked upon release. And then a couple of people say they didn't like the shows, now everyone says they didn't like the shows.

Give me a break.