Mass Effect 4(Untitled)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It is seldom that a game thread is so uninteresting, so lacking in promise that I totally forget about it so that when I reread it I laugh at my own joke I posted 9 months ago.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Is ME3 available elsewhere than Origin yet?
I know it's been said over and over, but Origin is painfully retarded. I did 90% of an ME2 playthrough last year, decided to finish it off a week or two back, wanted to give ME3 another shot with all the DLC's (I had none of them the first time, not even the extended ending), so I go to the Origin store to buy the DLC's, and the whole thing is completely broken. Tried two cards and paypal (all of which function fine) and it gave error messages for the cards and said the transaction had gone through (but it never actually did) for paypal. Do these fucking people not want my money? (it also bugged out and took me an hour or so of fucking around to get DA:I to patch properly so I could play)

How hard is it to just swallow your pride and put your fucking game on Steam? Beamdog did it with their BGEE games.

So yeah, I don't care if ME4 is the best game of the century and comes with a complimentary blowjob with Scarlett Johansson, I'm not touching that shit if it's on Origin.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I know it's been said over and over, but Origin is painfully retarded. I did 90% of an ME2 playthrough last year, decided to finish it off a week or two back, wanted to give ME3 another shot with all the DLC's (I had none of them the first time, not even the extended ending), so I go to the Origin store to buy the DLC's, and the whole thing is completely broken. Tried two cards and paypal (all of which function fine) and it gave error messages for the cards and said the transaction had gone through (but it never actually did) for paypal. Do these fucking people not want my money? (it also bugged out and took me an hour or so of fucking around to get DA:I to patch properly so I could play)

How hard is it to just swallow your pride and put your fucking game on Steam? Beamdog did it with their BGEE games.

So yeah, I don't care if ME4 is the best game of the century and comes with a complimentary blowjob with Scarlett Johansson, I'm not touching that shit if it's on Origin.
Bro, ME3 is utter dog shit and not worth any money.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anybody still plays it then it's still worth it for the multiplayer alone. DAI multiplayer is fucking trash, a quarter-assed imitation of ME3 multi.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This, I picked it up when it was $5, well worth the price of admission for the multiplayer alone.
Yup I played that multiplayer for over a year. I think I liked ME2 the best of the series but ME3 was worth it for the multiplayer and I also recommend picking up the final DLC. If you enjoyed the series there are an awful lot of feels in the last DLC.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm hoping for a remaster of ME1-3 on PS4 with all DLCs, I'd play that shit on a TV while drinking and becoming a space wizard god

i fully expect it to be announced at E3 though, there have got to be a shit ton of people at this point who have never played a ME and it can't be that much of a huge effort to port the PC version over, add in controller support, and clean it up

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Other than the ending fiasco, ME3 was a solid game and the multiplayer was pretty awesome for something tacked on.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only if by ending you mean when Kai Leng first shows up. Game went to shit at that point
The Kai Leng parts were corny, true - but good sections regardless of the silly ninja nonsense. Replace Kai with a rocket knocking your speeder down/etc and make him a random dude with a grudge and it's fine.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Kai should have been the Shep clone from the Citadel DLC and represent the epitome of the choices you didnt make.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That's the curse of the "Expanded Universe". You make a few bucks selling comics or an app, then you're forced to include those retarded, should have been "one offs" characters.

Otherwise Kai should have been a resurrected Saren using Lazarus.

edit: Or what Qhue said

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Kai Lang has to be the dumbest fucking character added to a story in human history, just all around garbage that a autistic 5 year old would think up. Then you have Jarvik, easily the biggest fuck you to fans of a series in the history of gaming.

Paying $5-10 for shit might not be such a bad idea now, but when everyone paid $60+ for it on release it was truly jimmy rustling to see how bad this game was.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought Javik was awesome, or do you mean having to pay for it?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having worked in game development, I don't actually have a problem with Day 1 dlc, and the problem with Javik is not that he was Day 1 dlc, the problem is that he VERY OBVIOUSLY was cut out of the game to be packaged as DLC.

Zaeed and Kasumi both felt like extras. Javik felt like he was finishing up something that was missing.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Any day one dlc that isnt simply extra weapon skins or models is fucking bullshit and any developer who does that should have their game pirated to high hell. Javik was even worse though because he was a core element of the fucking game's story, not just an extra character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I worked on a game where there were delays getting the main game through approval, and the first dlc pack ended up being approved right after the game shipped, so it was like week 1 dlc.

If the main game is worth the price, why is a developer not allowed to have allocated development assets to getting dlc packs ready to go on day 1? As long as it's not content that was obviously ripped out of the main game like Javik (and maybe Shale), who cares? Developers are under no obligation to cram every last bit of content into the game that they can. Most DLC (not all) is content that wouldn't have made it into the game in the first place if DLC hadn't become a thing.