Mass Effect 4(Untitled)

Not aware of them saying it isn't true. Why would they defend it and directly refer to it in tweets and comments on the forums to explain the story?

Yeah I don't buy your empty statement.
thats backpedaling after the backlash they got for the ME3 story after release

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I actually just went through and replayed all the MEs in the past month, around 50 hours of playing all combined.

Stuff that really needs to be fixed;

Combat. Good fucking god was the combat horrible in ME1, and it was only marginally improved upon in 2 and 3.

The game world. Every mission is hallway>room>hallway>room over and over and over(or just one big room, 3 was filled with those retarded side missions). Open that shit up or design more interesting missions. Doesnt need to be Skyrim or GTA open ended world but the game is way too on rails.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually just went through and replayed all the MEs in the past month, around 50 hours of playing all combined.

Combat. Good fucking god was the combat horrible in ME1, and it was only marginally improved upon in 2 and 3.

The game world. Every mission is hallway>room>hallway>room over and over and over(or just one big room, 3 was filled with those retarded side missions). Open that shit up or design more interesting missions. Doesnt need to be Skyrim or GTA open ended world but the game is way too on rails.
So it's like every Bioware game ever. Got it.

Variise

N00b
Yeah, since when are AAA game stories known for their subtlety ? Occam's razor
Yeah no... Also ever play KOTOR? Two of the major concepts in that were supposed to be in ME3 and both were twists.

They specifically wanted an ending that people would debate. That may have began as a story strategy but ended as a marketing one to setup ME4 until CH's exit. God knows what they plan to do now.

You can find notes from the end of their design docs that mention this exactly and it was shown in the IT Docus. Shep being Reaper controlled was mentioned by them as well but I forget who atm, also in the IT Docu.

The problem was they took a twist ending and butchered it. It's why it's FUBAR.

EDIT: Clarity

Variise

N00b

Supposedly that's what they are going for but players know jack and shit atm. I bet the shareholders know a TON more than we do until release. Some journalist needs to get on that again like they did with SWTOR and leak that shit. Just to twist the knife a little in EA.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah no... Also ever play KOTOR? Two of the major concepts in that were supposed to be in ME3 and both were twists.

They specifically wanted an ending that people would debate. That may have began as a story strategy but ended as a marketing one to setup ME4 until CH's exit. God knows what they plan to do now.

You can find notes from the end of their design docs that mention this exactly and it was shown in the IT Docus. Shep being Reaper controlled was mentioned by them as well but I forget who atm, also in the IT Docu.

You aren't exactly helping your argument, the ending sucks, because that's what they put in the game. Whatever they planned originally changes nothing about that.

Fans even had to remind them that destroying mass relays kills the whole galaxy...

I believe the level design was due to console restrictions, there's only so much you can fit in there, so you either had spacious locales or enemies but rarely both.

Variise

N00b
You aren't exactly helping your argument, the ending sucks, because that's what they put in the game. Whatever they planned originally changes nothing about that.

Fans even had to remind them that destroying mass relays kills the whole galaxy...

I believe the level design was due to console restrictions, there's only so much you can fit in there, so you either had spacious locales or enemies but rarely both.
Help me understand the logic because it's failing badly. The ending sucks. You got me so far 100%. Because that's what they put into the game. Ok I think I agree 100% that yes they did put that into the game and that's why it sucks. Two for two.

Therefore what they planned changes nothing. So they implemented 90+% of what was originally planned for the story and cut out/changed the last 10% to be vague as hell therefore the previous 90% means nothing? Wut?

The example you give only makes any sense when viewed as part of IT. It doesn't make any sense if all the scenes were real and you would be 100% correct.

People think the ending is "real" because BioWare would never put a complex plot twist into their game where they spend the game sprinkling hints around every other corner. I mean it's crazy right? Nobody else does it with AAA games so it's absolutely ridiculous that a company would do it. Oh except they did exactly that not once but twice; KOTOR and Jade Empire.

I have still not seen a single thing proving IT false. Until someone can provide me with irrefutable proof that it's false I don't care how improbable it is it must be the truth.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The universe is carrying out without Cmdr. Shep using the result of ME3 that Cmdr. Shep saw. Indoctrination Theory is false unless they go for it in future games. Saying there is no proof that it's false is silly because if Shep is indoctrinated the player wouldn't know it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Story in 3 had some serious flaws beyond the abortion of an ending.
So it's like every Bioware game ever. Got it.
Never played any others.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Help me understand the logic because it's failing badly. The ending sucks. You got me so far 100%. Because that's what they put into the game. Ok I think I agree 100% that yes they did put that into the game and that's why it sucks. Two for two.

Therefore what they planned changes nothing. So they implemented 90+% of what was originally planned for the story and cut out/changed the last 10% to be vague as hell therefore the previous 90% means nothing? Wut?

The example you give only makes any sense when viewed as part of IT. It doesn't make any sense if all the scenes were real and you would be 100% correct.

People think the ending is "real" because BioWare would never put a complex plot twist into their game where they spend the game sprinkling hints around every other corner. I mean it's crazy right? Nobody else does it with AAA games so it's absolutely ridiculous that a company would do it. Oh except they did exactly that not once but twice; KOTOR and Jade Empire.

I have still not seen a single thing proving IT false. Until someone can provide me with irrefutable proof that it's false I don't care how improbable it is it must be the truth.
That's why I called Occam's razor, if your ultimate argument is "there's nothing in the game disproving this theory", then it's probably bullshit, just like most conspiration theories, even if there's a kernel of truth at their core.This is like arguing that D3 storyline is brilliant because Diablo is secretly working for Malthael because he wanted to end his endless cycle of rebirths or whatever. Sure, there's nothing disproving that, but Blizzard writing has been terrible since WC3/vanilla WoW so it's safe to assume it's just bad. Yes, sometimes games pull incredible mindfucks on the player, like Spec Ops: The Line or Mark of the Ninja, but if 99% of the players have no idea there is alternate meaning to all you actions, then it's failure of the game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The ending would have been a lot better if they had at least not included the dumbfuck nonsensical "green" ending. Combine human and machine DNA what in the actual fuck.

This is what I expected: Back x millions of years ago when the Mass Effect was invented, one race was able to dominate all other life. (so, same thing only minus the AI mumbo-jumbo) A hippie faction of that race decided that this was a bad thing, and successfully turned their own technology against themselves by creating the Reapers. These space-hippies designed the Reapers to level the playing field with a bit of genocide/assimilation any time any one race got too advanced.

However, this time around, parity had been achieved - many races were in a loose balance with one another with none able to seize total control (see genophage, making peace with the Geth, etc), and together they were able to overcome the Reapers and break the cycle.

The ending just seems dumb because the Reapers were pretty much obsolete. No one was powerful enough to dominate everyone else. AI isn't destined to become all-powerful - we just had that entire fucking story with the Geth. It does sort of say this ("a new solution must be found") but it's just poorly explained.

tl;dr: The Reapers succeeded and were no longer needed because there were many races in relative balance. The Reapers weren't evil, they were True Neutral, yo.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I've said it before, I'll say it again: The Reapers lost because the writers invented an impossible enemy to defeat, so instead of reducing their power they reduced their intelligence, banking on the fact that most people playing ME3 wouldn't remember what Vigil told players in ME1.

Had the Reapers followed the same tactics when they went against the Protheans, Shepard and the entire Milky Way would have been totally fucked. The writers changed their tactics so Shepard could win.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just happened to watch the Fleets Arrive scene on You Tube and god damn if that still doesn't send chills down my spine when the Destiny Ascension warps in. I suspect we will see some solid news about ME4 coming up at E3 and they better find a way to do justice by the Mass Effect universe even without the Shepard story.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've said it before, I'll say it again: The Reapers lost because the writers invented an impossible enemy to defeat, so instead of reducing their power they reduced their intelligence, banking on the fact that most people playing ME3 wouldn't remember what Vigil told players in ME1.

Had the Reapers followed the same tactics when they went against the Protheans, Shepard and the entire Milky Way would have been totally fucked. The writers changed their tactics so Shepard could win.
Well, their typical tactic was to just use the Citadel to warp in and then destroy everyone unprepared. Their normal tactics wouldn't necessarily work against a galaxy somewhat united and somewhat prepared for their arrival.