Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The admiralty committed the entire Migrant fleet to the attack on Rannoch. If you don't persuade/intimidate the Quarians into coexisting with the Geth then one of the two species must be destroyed. If you prevent Legion from disseminating the upgrade to the collective, the Geth are exterminated instead.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I should of done the other mission on Rannoch first.

Oh well.

An unexpected twist. 600 geth war score so far.

They could have said that perhaps a few Quarians were able to escape, but no they are GONE. I talked to Liara and she made a comment about an entire race lost....LOL

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea I should of done the other mission on Rannoch first.

Oh well.

An unexpected twist. 600 geth war score so far.

They could have said that perhaps a few Quarians were able to escape, but no they are GONE. I talked to Liara and she made a comment about an entire race lost....LOL
Huge war assets if you get them both. Once again not needed unless a trophy/achievement 🏆 kinda guy. Pretty funny about your ending that is hilarious. I didn’t know it was possible for Tali to off herself.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huge war assets if you get them both. Once again not needed unless a trophy/achievement 🏆 kinda guy. Pretty funny about your ending that is hilarious. I didn’t know it was possible for Tali to off herself.
It's so trivially easy to have enough renegade or paragon rating to unify the two species that most people never see the two bad resolutions on Rannoch. The other bad resolution is Tali shoots Legion in the back of the head and his species gets wiped out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

I had more than enough paragon it's full like 4 full bars.

I just did the get base mission first instead of the fleet one. I saved admiral then did the base mission leading to me having to make that decision.

Had nothing to do w paragon or renegade.

My war assets sit at 7k n I'm not at end game yet. I think I'm more than good.

Just shows how good of a game this is when after 10 years people are still discovering different plot elements through different play throughs.

Edit: Also the games narrative makes the decision less harrowing given that Admiral Gerrel basically went rogue and almost killed Shepard, then he again defied orders to stand down at the end. Gerrel killed the Quarians not Shepard lol.

And Tali even tries to get her people to fall back by giving an order, which they ignore. Her killing herself was unexpected obviously but at the end I was ok with the decision, if I wasn't I would have reloaded game.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had more than enough paragon it's full like 4 full bars.

I just did the get base mission first instead of the fleet one. I saved admiral then did the base mission leading to me having to make that decision.

Had nothing to do w paragon or renegade.

My war assets sit at 7k n I'm not at end game yet. I think I'm more than good.

Just shows how good of a game this is when after 10 years people are still discovering different plot elements through different play throughs.
Well you definitely messed something up badly if you didn't have the option to persuade the admiralty to withdraw from the fighting.

Jozu

Tali tells him to fall back and he doesn't.

I didn't mess anything up. I did all the missions and made decisions to help Tali and Quarians up until that point. Gerrel was just a gigantic faggot. From what I can tell it was because I did the last 2 missions out of order.

(I even sided with Gerrel over Rann after the first Far Rim mission)

There are other similar scenarios throughout the game, such as not disarming bomb within 3 missions of getting it to save the Krogans in the Kelphic Valley.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tali tells him to fall back and he doesn't.

I didn't mess anything up. I did all the missions and made decisions to help Tali and Quarians up until that point. Gerrel was just a gigantic faggot. From what I can tell it was because I did the last 2 missions out of order.

(I even sided with Gerrel over Rann after the first Far Rim mission)

There are other similar scenarios throughout the game, such as not disarming bomb within 3 missions of getting it to save the Krogans in the Kelphic Valley.

Yeah

so it works like this: you need a total of 5 out of 7 points from ME2 and ME3 to get the quarians and geth to be friends.

In Mass effect 2
Save Legion +1
Destroy Heretics +2
Stop them fighting in ship with paragon or renagade +2

In ME3
Save Admiral K + 1
Geth fighter squadrons + 1

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ultimately makes no fucking difference helping the Geth to achieve recognition as a species if you go with the optimal ME3 ending of wiping out the Reapers.

Even after all this time I still wish Space Aids on the writers of the final part of ME3.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I finished ME3 yesterday and no spoilers but they added content to the ending to "bulk it up", I originally remember being super pissed at the ME franchise after finishing ME3 at launch and never touching the series again after that, but this time there was a lot more dialogue, cutscenes, etc that were NOT there originally. It doesn't make it "great", but it made it better and I left the game pretty happy with the series overall.

The other big inflection point in the series is in ME2, once you get the mission to get the Reaper IFF you have to do it within 3 missions otherwise you will start losing crew members at the end. It wasn't really clear to me so I fucked that up badly by jerking around with a ton of side missions after that, and that carries over to ME3. Otherrwise I ended up in ME3 with over 8250 war stats and pretty much everyone alive and could access any ending.

To see all the ME3 endings yourself, you can quit the game once you get to star child, upload to the cloud save (or USB stick) the Auto save, then see each ending. It unfortunately overwrites the auto save every time so you need to close game, recopy the auto save, and start again to see them all. There are 5 total I believe, 2 sorta "hidden" or unobvious and one of them is pretty neat.

There is no secret "ME4 trailer" or anything.

Jozu

There are actually quite a few time based missions in ME3 that the game doesnt make readily apparent.

Which is awesome. I wish more games did this. It creates a dynamic that goes beyond paragon and renegade, which makes the stakes higher, which makes the game better. And yeah Regime, I didnt do the geth fighter squadrons, leaving me short 1 point. I could of done it before the base one and I would have been able to save both, which I had a feeling was the case, as I mentioned it in my first or second post concerning Tali's suicide.

I never went and looked up any wiki entries, or mission walktrhoughs, or anything that gives you tips on where to go and what to look for. I went in completely blind basically. I beat ME1 and ME2 and started Me3, having stopped playing on palaven. Im not sure why or what happened, but with this release I am now finally going to beat it, 10 years later.

I wonder what other time sensitive missions there are. The Miranda quests are certainly time constrained, because I just got her killed as well. I didnt answer her -emails in a timely manner, which I think leads to her death, unless you romance her, which i did not.

I romanced Liara, then splashed Jack in ME2 before she died, and now fucked Diane while still trying to further my romance with Liara. Im sad that i never caught back up with Thane either, I suddenly got an e-mail from his son saying he is dead. Im a bad friend lol....*all my friends are dead dinosaur.jpg*

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't know it was possible to be bad at Mass Effect but here we are.

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

lol gavin, you just have to hate on me no matter what.

There is nothing bad about my playthrough. Everyone has different opinion, and I think its funny how my game is ending up. I have full war score and all of the characters I enjoy are still alive.

What did you pick big guy? Did you play a "perfect" game? Were you a beast in multiplayer?

edit: Besides, making sure everyone lives is most likely what 90% of players strive for. Having a game where there are actually consequences is more fulfilling IMO.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jozu Jozu is so bad at mass effect he unlocked the secret starchild free ending due to not being judged worthy.

• 2Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Surprised they didn't try a helmetless pillow. Down for some blue strange space cadet???

1625531804898.png

• 2Like