Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Coming towards the end of ME3 now and I'm missing being able to play MP. I really miss the MP kits, they enabled some awesome playstyles while the OG human kits are kind of old now. Did ME1 as Adept, ME2 as Vanguard, and really enjoying Sentinel for ME3. The biotic explosions are really fine-tuned in 3 and ridiculously fun to fire off. Sentinel roaming around Warping and triggering BEs with evolved Double Throw is dreamy.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well if you play as Vanguard like I am on my paragon run, you can pick up Aria's Flare ability (I am on a second run so I had it out of the gate) and combine it with Pull (double is ideal) for some major explosion action. My routine is to buzz with the Harrier (or have a squadmate strip the shield if present) and prime and boom. Even on insanity it levels groups of enemies and completely trivializes anything without shields. And as an Adept, you can always switch it up to Charge/Nova if you get bored or want to engage in close. If you have Liara and/or Javik around in your party, its pretty much non stop explosions, since you can still use Singularity or Dark Channel (or whatever Javiks dot is called) on stuff that would otherwise ignore primers. I just did the Omega bit last night with that setup and it was a fucking face roll even on Insanity, especially with Aria to prime for me constantly. Just have to be careful around sync kill enemies like the Atlas, Banshee, or Brute. (Though Brutes absolutely fucking melt in the face of explosion spam).

If you like explosions, make sure to beeline for the power increase mods and always take the explosion boosting options on powers. The damage that explosions deal is vastly superior to even fully upgraded damage, plus it ignores shield gating on the enemy. If you don't mele as part of your routine, the harrier with power boost and stabalize is really good for any sort of biotic setup. If you are mixing in some mele, then go for the heaviest pistol you can have with 200% recharge bonus and slap the power boost and mele mod on it. You will barely ever need to even pull the trigger except on things with sync kills.

Side note, playing Omega as Paragon (something I had not ever done before) was rather interesting in how different the ending wound up. I am looking forward to seeing how different the Citidel DLC is with a Paragon run and everyone around. Fuck you EA and blue hairs for turning this franchise into shit. Even the three cupcake ending of ME3 is a lot better than the fucking shovelware that game companies generally put out these days in general, and bioware in particular since.

spronk

FPS noob
how hard is the game on Insanity? Especially in ME3 the stuff like Banshees? I found it pretty difficult in normal, I had to run away from them like they were priests and I was an altar boy

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how hard is the game on Insanity? Especially in ME3 the stuff like Banshees? I found it pretty difficult in normal, I had to run away from them like they were priests and I was an altar boy

You need to strip their biotic barrier and it prevents them for porting around as much also allows you to stagger them with Biotic Explosions.

Kill any allies first and then deal with the Banshees but bear in mind you'll need to be moving a great deal.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ME1 - Very easy as the true biotic class (Vanguard w/Singularity >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adept).
ME2 - Fairly challenging until you've got most of your skill points and ideal gear.
ME3 - Utterly trivial from start (L30 from ME2 import) to end, with the sole exception being some of the Citadel DLC fights where they give you a massive handicap. Arena was a complete joke though, since it's capped at normal difficulty even if you're playing on insanity.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most enemies have either armor or shields, but early on they sprinkle in some normies for you to detonate. Some boss fights have additional waves of enemies. The AI pretty much ignores your allies entirely, unless you have tactical cloak and even then by the end they tend to see through cloak (especially banshees). They crank the damage output of enemies and their hit points way up. The enemies also use more powers and more often. You level faster, but nearly everything scales in the game. Upside is if you build around a combo of some sort, especially biotic/tech explosions, those scale up too and you will complete the leveling to get them much faster.

I personally can't stand to play the game on less than insanity because anything below is a face roll. There are some fights in ME3 that are nasty if you do not have certain builds or suck at managing your allies (4+ Banshee fuck fest at the end, Citidel DLC final boss, Leviathan final battle, Some citidel arena fights, and the 4 Geth Prime fight come to mind) but they are all doable. Some of those are trivial with the right build and timing. I picked up the game after not playing it for a decade nearly (nor any shooting game in a while) and breezed through the series as a sniper infiltrator, with my adept run going even easier, on Insanity and I am not a top tier gamer. But unless you want trophies, there's not much point in playing past the level you are having fun at. Find your sweet spot and stick to it.

And yeah Banshees are fuckers at any difficulty, mostly due to that stupid sync kill with ridiculous range that they randomly cancel into. I think the key to being able to win most of the came, but especially them, is to give your character a means to restore shields. Energy Drain is a ludicrously good power for this purpose, but in a pinch barrier will do. You pretty much can get either in all three games by being good buddies with the right ally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ME3 - Utterly trivial from start (L30 from ME2 import) to end, with the sole exception being some of the Citadel DLC fights where they give you a massive handicap. Arena was a complete joke though, since it's capped at normal difficulty even if you're playing on insanity.
Really? I thought the clones fight was a huge pain in the ass on insanity. But I was playing Widowsniper at the time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? I thought the clones fight was a huge pain in the ass on insanity. But I was playing Widowsniper at the time.
You mean the arena mirror match? The arena doesn't scale beyond normal difficulty and Garrus+Ashley with Typhoons mow everything down in seconds provided you micromanage their cover locations. I played Engineer because wanted to see the special scene in Aria's DLC, so it may have been easier than some other classes. The final Citadel DLC fight wasn't particularly hard as Eng. either.

IIRC the mirror match is completely optional (aside from an achievement I guess) anyway. All you really need to do is unlock all the stuff with prize tokens, score 9999 for Cerberus Spirit Armor, and complete all the missions.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd never done the Citadel DLC with all of Shepard's buds before. Really really enjoyed that.

Loads of humour and it was pretty challenging at times, moreso because of the CAT6 Heavy guys (Shields).

Didn't have Tali unlocked at the time so that'll necessitate another playthrough.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I just knocked that out last night with my paragon/banging Jack run. I fucked up and missed an early convo with Miranda and got her killed, but had everyone else there. Not going to go through again because I saw the Miranda shit as Renegade Femshep, but the party and the banter when they all go to the archives might be some of the best moments in the series. Timing it is odd if you want to include everyone, since you basically need to wait until after Sanctuary which is an odd downer moment right before the point of no return. But it was really well done and I liked that they more or less made fun of their own memes in the DLC. The Zaeed hitting on Samara shit was particularly hilarious.

PS- Aside from some dialog in the encounters, Tali does not really say a whole lot in the Citadel DLC, but I imagine its a lot more expanded if you are banging her at the time (Jack got a lot more material when she was the love interest).

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shocked the Kaidan percentage is that high. Ashley is a racist one note character but Kaidan was ultra boring while still managing to be gay.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ashley has a character arc over the 3 games. At the end of ME 3 she has evolved over her previous xenophobic inclinations.

Why the hell are you guys straight up calling her a space racist?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shocked the Kaidan percentage is that high. Ashley is a racist one note character but Kaidan was ultra boring while still managing to be gay.
Having a extra Biotic early on for me on insanity was far more useful since I went soldier. From a story standpoint Ashley is more interesting. I chose Ashley my first time but not this play through.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
"Ashley is Rwasist!" is one of the memes I wish would go back to Twitter to die. Her family was humiliated by aliens and she was suspicious of them. As Nu_11 indicates, over time that diminishes and she has no issues with them. Instead, she hates Human Supremists Cerberus and refuses to work with Shepard her former lover because of it. This is just Current Day Politics at work, just like FEMSHEP BEST SHEP BS.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Ashley is Rwasist!" is one of the memes I wish would go back to Twitter to die. Her family was humiliated by aliens and she was suspicious of them. As Nu_11 indicates, over time that diminishes and she has no issues with them. Instead, she hates Human Supremists Cerberus and refuses to work with Shepard her former lover because of it. This is just Current Day Politics at work, just like FEMSHEP BEST SHEP BS.
Jennifer Hale was a more experienced and talented voice actor, has nothing to do with 'current day politics'.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Jennifer Hale was a more experienced and talented voice actor, has nothing to do with 'current day politics'.
I don't disagree she probably had the better performance, it doesn't make for the all out movement to make FemShep the canon poster-child of the series that we have seen. ALL CMDR SHEPS MATTER.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It arrived today.

B369DB8C-74EA-4EFC-B9A0-BCA9207672F5.jpeg

I forgot I even ordered it.

let me know if you want some unboxing photos'

it fits great but scared my little ones very badly lol.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users