Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
success of wheel of time has amazon almost finished closing a deal to make a Mass Effect TV series
Best case scenario there is something on the same level as ME:A, but I guess we should just be happy it's not Netflix.

Crone

Apparently this is coming to Gamepass. Refund it if you just bought it on sale!!

Vorph

Apparently this is coming to Gamepass. Refund it if you just bought it on sale!!
Was just a matter of time before EA moved it from EA Play Pro to the basic tier. Could still be a couple/few months away though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
game is $25 on console physical in a lot of places, 100% worth it at that price. also cheap digitally

success of wheel of time has amazon almost finished closing a deal to make a Mass Effect TV series

It's still $25 physical, actually came here to ask if it was worth it at that price. I'll probably grab it before Christmas. Been wanting to replay these (or at least ME1) for a long time. I never got to experience any of the DLCs and I rushed through ME1 on a rental which was doing it a disservice.

spronk

FPS noob
100% worth it even at 60$ imo, one of my top 3 games i played this year

it was $10 today on amazon for steam but thats dead now sadly, woulda triple dipped if i noticed it earlier

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Playing through now that it's on Game Pass. Remembered so many amazing aspects of ME1 after over a decade. Just a fun, well-written game.

And I guess I forgot about so many shit aspects of ME2, like ammo, and flying the mini spaceship around and Miranda's muppet face. Insane difficulty is at least a challenging.

Never played ME3 or Andromeda. Have very high hopes it's worth continuing on!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing through now that it's on Game Pass. Remembered so many amazing aspects of ME1 after over a decade. Just a fun, well-written game.

And I guess I forgot about so many shit aspects of ME2, like ammo, and flying the mini spaceship around and Miranda's muppet face. Insane difficulty is at least a challenging.

Never played ME3 or Andromeda. Have very high hopes it's worth continuing on!

I found ME3 to be way more of a shooter and way less of an RPG, compared to ME2 and especially ME1. Might just be because of my class choice. I chose the class that dashes and uses shotguns/melee for the first two, then the default soldier for the third. ME3 is still a very good shooter, just didn't feel as much like an RPG to me.

Andromeda was just abysmal and made me not like the series anymore. Took like 5 years for me to start being interested again and pick up this trilogy.

I still need to do Renegade runs of ME1 and 2 and want to play as the spellcaster type class this time (Adept, I think?)...it'll be fun to finally get plats for those and maybe ME3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The Adept doesn't really start coming into its own until two. They really shine in 3. Biotic asplosions are 'da bomb.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I found ME3 to be way more of a shooter and way less of an RPG, compared to ME2 and especially ME1. Might just be because of my class choice. I chose the class that dashes and uses shotguns/melee for the first two, then the default soldier for the third. ME3 is still a very good shooter, just didn't feel as much like an RPG to me.

Andromeda was just abysmal and made me not like the series anymore. Took like 5 years for me to start being interested again and pick up this trilogy.

I still need to do Renegade runs of ME1 and 2 and want to play as the spellcaster type class this time (Adept, I think?)...it'll be fun to finally get plats for those and maybe ME3.

Part of my issue with 2 is they seemed to want to turn the game from space RPG to shooter, but didn't exactly know why or how or even what type of shooter. The combat areas (maps basically) are large with a lot of cover and even ways to flank and go around, but for no real reason.

At higher difficulties, at least early on, you're basically pinned down, whittling the waves (lame design) of enemies down from max range and your retarded squad mates find ways to die anyhow.

At lower difficulties there is more ability to run around and flank, but really no reason to, so you still just play a basic cover-shooter strat with maybe more advancing yourself instead of being pinned down waiting for the enemy to advance. And your retarded squad mates manage to get themselves killed anyway.

Three major fights in the slums and the soldier dude has died ever time despite difficulty, several times as he was charging with a sniper rifle equiped. Wait, no, one time he didn't die because I couldn't get him to stop cowering behind a pillar and actually fire at the enemy.

Maybe with local co-op or multiplayer the combat wouldn't be dog shit. But either way, eventually you win and after the fight, you have this big, somewhat complicated battle area that you had no reason to use (or ability to on higher difficulties without getting shredded, and stupidly limited abilities early game to compensate). It's just empty and you run around looking for loot that doesn't exist because the game is more a shooter than RPG anymore.

No, no wait there is ammo to loot! The fucking ammo.... Universal ammo pickup, but sorry you ran out of ammo in the fight on the weapon you want to use, swapping you to other weapons because that's how we want you to play! Try to run around scouring for ammo mid fight in the grand spirit of Mass Effect first person shooters, and then after the fight listen to the "dnnnt" sound of your full ammo over and over!

I know I need to get gud... Like I should learn to not randomly stop being able to aim or shoot from cover I'm stuck in, I guess, every fucking fight. Literally the stickiest fucking cover mechanic ever, and then breaks constantly. Try to sprint closer to melee or shotgun, nope, sorry that wall beside you got ya, now you're stuck to it in exposed cover getting meleed!

Would rather have an option to turn it off so my character wasn't sluggish as shit and I'll just run behind pillars and walls for cover as I see fit, or manually duck, instead of this sticky cover mechanic that feels like the game is trying to play for me

I know, I know, probably very late to this party I'm sure, so won't bore everyone with my hot takes on why I gave up on the series with 2 and maybe didn't even finish it then. All I remember is meeting the shadow broker, which was cool, and trying to both fuck Jack and make her kill herself.

I certainly don't remember the slums and the constant cough cough cough background track they're playing whether there's a sick person in sight or not.

Whatever improvements they made with Legendary didn't fix much in 2. Feels worse than ever, and shows signs in every aspect of the game that Bioware was headed for wokeness and retarded game design and poor writing decisions all along.

Everyone wants a first person shooter crossed with The Sims in space, right?? Time to gas up your micro-machines spaceship!

That's why ME1 was so popular, right, people were just buying and enjoying it hoping they'd really change everything good about it and completely over indulge in every dumb idea brought up in production meetings!

Stonetoss Burgers comic: How does all to his help the story? The story???

One of the best known franchises in gaming, but ME1 was basically a one-off, one hit wonder.

The weird thing is going down the rabbit hole on the topic there seem to be a lot of people who vehemently defend ME2 as the best of the franchise, and hyperbolically so, better in every way, a perfect game. Who are these people? Are they why the franchise shit the bed?

Anyhow, I think if they added in a mechanism to ME1 that you could designate specific loot drops to auto gel as trash and toned down the one-shot deaths on insanity difficulty it would be near perfect. ME2 and the direction of the series would require a time machine and probably a lot of sexism to fix. Yep, I'm blaming women.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Part of my issue with 2 is they seemed to want to turn the game from space RPG to shooter, but didn't exactly know why or how or even what type of shooter. The combat areas (maps basically) are large with a lot of cover and even ways to flank and go around, but for no real reason.

At higher difficulties, at least early on, you're basically pinned down, whittling the waves (lame design) of enemies down from max range and your retarded squad mates find ways to die anyhow.

At lower difficulties there is more ability to run around and flank, but really no reason to, so you still just play a basic cover-shooter strat with maybe more advancing yourself instead of being pinned down waiting for the enemy to advance. And your retarded squad mates manage to get themselves killed anyway.
Yeah it was interesting going hard on ME3's multiplayer preview before ME3's release. In order you survive you had to fight very aggressively, always dealing damage or you'd be overwhelmed. Once ME3 came out I used the same strategy on the hardest difficulty and got smoked constantly until I changed up the pacing to hide behind cover, wait for the NPCs to be exposed and then take them out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Three major fights in the slums and the soldier dude has died ever time despite difficulty, several times as he was charging with a sniper rifle equiped. Wait, no, one time he didn't die because I couldn't get him to stop cowering behind a pillar and actually fire at the enemy.

Maybe with local co-op or multiplayer the combat wouldn't be dog shit. But either way, eventually you win and after the fight, you have this big, somewhat complicated battle area that you had no reason to use (or ability to on higher difficulties without getting shredded, and stupidly limited abilities early game to compensate). It's just empty and you run around looking for loot that doesn't exist because the game is more a shooter than RPG anymore.

No, no wait there is ammo to loot! The fucking ammo.... Universal ammo pickup, but sorry you ran out of ammo in the fight on the weapon you want to use, swapping you to other weapons because that's how we want you to play! Try to run around scouring for ammo mid fight in the grand spirit of Mass Effect first person shooters, and then after the fight listen to the "dnnnt" sound of your full ammo over and over!

I know I need to get gud... Like I should learn to not randomly stop being able to aim or shoot from cover I'm stuck in, I guess, every fucking fight. Literally the stickiest fucking cover mechanic ever, and then breaks constantly. Try to sprint closer to melee or shotgun, nope, sorry that wall beside you got ya, now you're stuck to it in exposed cover getting meleed!

Would rather have an option to turn it off so my character wasn't sluggish as shit and I'll just run behind pillars and walls for cover as I see fit, or manually duck, instead of this sticky cover mechanic that feels like the game is trying to play for me

I know, I know, probably very late to this party I'm sure, so won't bore everyone with my hot takes on why I gave up on the series with 2 and maybe didn't even finish it then. All I remember is meeting the shadow broker, which was cool, and trying to both fuck Jack and make her kill herself.

I certainly don't remember the slums and the constant cough cough cough background track they're playing whether there's a sick person in sight or not.

Whatever improvements they made with Legendary didn't fix much in 2. Feels worse than ever, and shows signs in every aspect of the game that Bioware was headed for wokeness and retarded game design and poor writing decisions all along.

Everyone wants a first person shooter crossed with The Sims in space, right?? Time to gas up your micro-machines spaceship!

That's why ME1 was so popular, right, people were just buying and enjoying it hoping they'd really change everything good about it and completely over indulge in every dumb idea brought up in production meetings!

Stonetoss Burgers comic: How does all to his help the story? The story???

One of the best known franchises in gaming, but ME1 was basically a one-off, one hit wonder.

The weird thing is going down the rabbit hole on the topic there seem to be a lot of people who vehemently defend ME2 as the best of the franchise, and hyperbolically so, better in every way, a perfect game. Who are these people? Are they why the franchise shit the bed?

Anyhow, I think if they added in a mechanism to ME1 that you could designate specific loot drops to auto gel as trash and toned down the one-shot deaths on insanity difficulty it would be near perfect. ME2 and the direction of the series would require a time machine and probably a lot of sexism to fix. Yep, I'm blaming women.
ME2 insanity achievement is for the big boys for sure. Still proud of snagging that twice. Much rougher than ME1 and 3.

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I don't know. I think I liked 2 a little better than 1. I thought the combat was better in 2, but that the story was better in 1. I felt like 2 seemed innovative at the time, but I think it would feel very dated now. I do agree with your assessment of the combat areas though. They were boring to fight in and annoying to loot in afterwards. 3 lost me completely. I started it ,but never finished it.

Looking back I think KOTOR was the pinnacle of Bioware games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soldier was the class of choice for insanity for anyone who wasn't a Vanguard tryhard like Vorph Vorph .
I just played soldier all the way because I was lazy and didn’t wanna learn a new class. However yes it’s like playing a bow class in Skyrim. Once you play that way it’s hard to play anything else.

Last edited:

Vorph

Meh, insanity is easy for everything except pure Adept. I played engineer for ME2 LE because I'd never seen the special dialogue / alternate way to complete that one mission. Vanguard is just the most fun.

• 1Solidarity