Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just played soldier all the way because I was lazy and didn’t wanna learn a new class.
They had a very simple yet versatile powerset to support their primary job of shooting dem guns, as well as their ability to use so many different weapons. Adrenaline rush was amazing, you could swap between disruptor and incendiary ammo to cover whichever you needed, leaving you free to pick up one of the barriers with your bonus power. Also it was possible to rush the collector ship to access the Revenant very early and the Revenant is absurdly powerful in ME2, both in how hard it hits and how much ammo it has.

Sadly both the Revenant and the Soldier suck in ME3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Meh, insanity is easy for everything except pure Adept. I played engineer for ME2 LE because I'd never seen the special dialogue / alternate way to complete that one mission. Vanguard is just the most fun.
It’s the most challenging insanity out of the 3 though.

I did soldier in 3 and yes it’s not as easy as the others but I still enjoyed it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
ME2 insanity achievement is for the big boys for sure. Still proud of snagging that twice. Much rougher than ME1 and 3.

No doubt. I salute your patience, or courage, or something.

I'm more interested in story over challenge unless a game is specifically a strategy style game (Banner Saga is a kick in the teeth on hard but still fun). Only reason I did insanity on ME1 was it was just broken easy on any other difficulty.

Figured I'd keep it going, but nah. Had no problem realizing ME2 just wasn't fun for me on insanity, though wasn't impossible. Just wasn't fun hiding so often and then being shredded trying to do anything fun a vanguard has to do that is fun. I guess Vanguards get more tools and more fun later, but new character on a first run was just an unfun timesink.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No doubt. I salute your patience, or courage, or something.

I'm more interested in story over challenge unless a game is specifically a strategy style game (Banner Saga is a kick in the teeth on hard but still fun). Only reason I did insanity on ME1 was it was just broken easy on any other difficulty.

Figured I'd keep it going, but nah. Had no problem realizing ME2 just wasn't fun for me on insanity, though wasn't impossible. Just wasn't fun hiding so often and then being shredded trying to do anything fun a vanguard has to do that is fun. I guess Vanguards get more tools and more fun later, but new character on a first run was just an unfun timesink.
Yep it’s definitely more fun playing a game on normal for the story.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Looking back I think KOTOR was the pinnacle of Bioware games.

I never played them. Watched some friends play at times, but didn't have a console and whatever I was doing on PC was all consuming so missed a lot of games of that era.

Have seen them cheap on Xbox, but not sure how they hold up now (not the graphics, obviously hah). Maybe waiting for a remaster that may or may not happen.

There was one good Dragon Age, too, right? Played the shit out of it. Tried to play Inquisition on Xbox in recent years and it was so dated and bad it was like a satire of the genre.

I dunno, maybe it's just sucking to be old.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I wasn't really a fan of Dragon Age. It was the first Bioware game where I felt the formulaic approach to everything was just too in your face to feel fun. KOTOR's story was fantastic. I don't think the gameplay would hold up at all though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Infiltrator was OP in the first, kinda meh in 2, and great in 3 if you had the Valiant (which I assume Legendary Edition includes automatically)

I'm actually tempted to play through again, if only to see what the 'remaster' of 1 is like.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Vanguard, I think that's the class I played in 1 and 2. Being able to zip around the battlefield with the body-crash move while unloading shotguns was a good time.

I don't know. I think I liked 2 a little better than 1. I thought the combat was better in 2, but that the story was better in 1. I felt like 2 seemed innovative at the time, but I think it would feel very dated now. I do agree with your assessment of the combat areas though. They were boring to fight in and annoying to loot in afterwards. 3 lost me completely. I started it ,but never finished it.

Looking back I think KOTOR was the pinnacle of Bioware games.

I've got KOTOR 1 and 2 on the OG Xbox and I've been meaning to give them a run for years. Lucked out and found both of them at a flea market or something for $5 each, with the cases/instructions and everything. I guess there's a KOTOR1 remaster on the Switch now? I'll probably try to play them in their original form though, dated visuals be darned, since I've had them for so long.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I kind of want to play through the trilogy again as an adept and wombo combo the fuck out of everything.

It'd be irresistible if there was a mod to play as Volus Adept

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good luck comboing anything useful after ME1 unless you play on game journalist difficulty. Sad thing is, even in ME1 Vanguard is strictly superior to Adept for pure biotics due to Singularity being a bonus power.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Good luck comboing anything useful after ME1 unless you play on game journalist difficulty. Sad thing is, even in ME1 Vanguard is strictly superior to Adept for pure biotics due to Singularity being a bonus power.
Yeah I mistyped, I want to replay as vanguard and basically build a team all around charge->nova, which I totally enjoyed as an alt class to infiltrator on ME3 multiplayer. I have to imagine this build is tough on insanity but there's gotta be a way to cheese it even at non-journalist mode.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The sky-car chase with Liara and the savior of the galaxy Shepard bickering like it's a Rush Hour movie. Yikes. Some sad Star Wars pod racer levels of cringe.

Maybe these games from what I considered the golden age of gaming weren't actually better. Because wow does ME2 have some really lame, questionable shit in it.

They really should have cut shit like that and the micro machine Normandy out of the remasters.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You are entitled to your opinion, but nearly everyone else considered the Shadow Broker DLC a high point of the series.

Yeah I mistyped, I want to replay as vanguard and basically build a team all around charge->nova, which I totally enjoyed as an alt class to infiltrator on ME3 multiplayer. I have to imagine this build is tough on insanity but there's gotta be a way to cheese it even at non-journalist mode.

Vanguard was doable on Insanity, as long as you kept a method for setting off explosions in your back pocket (Again, Pull as primer and Aria's Flare ability were top tier), but it is tougher in ME3 due to the abundance of sync kill enemies. The last battle before Marauder Shields with four Banshees is particularly rough for a Vanguard, but that fight is tough for any build outside of maybe a dedicated explosion adept. Some of the other annoying fights get pretty trivial, tough. Citadel DLC boss and the walking Anime cliche were facerolls with Vanguard, for example.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You are entitled to your opinion, but nearly everyone else considered the Shadow Broker DLC a high point of the series.
At the time a lot of people considered the Shadow Broker to be one of the best DLCs for any game period.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The sky-car chase with Liara and the savior of the galaxy Shepard bickering like it's a Rush Hour movie. Yikes. Some sad Star Wars pod racer levels of cringe.

Maybe these games from what I considered the golden age of gaming weren't actually better. Because wow does ME2 have some really lame, questionable shit in it.

They really should have cut shit like that and the micro machine Normandy out of the remasters.

You tried to shit on one awesome thing by comparing it to another awesome thing

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I'm confused... Where did I address the entire DLC at all?

The sky car chase was pointless and lame. The dialog was cringe. If it wasn't you'd perhaps explain why you disagree instead of some non-sequitor about the entire DLC.

I don't like the NFL catch rules changes. Yah but the NFL is the most watched sport!

Like, huh?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Vanguard was doable on Insanity, as long as you kept a method for setting off explosions in your back pocket (Again, Pull as primer and Aria's Flare ability were top tier), but it is tougher in ME3 due to the abundance of sync kill enemies. The last battle before Marauder Shields with four Banshees is particularly rough for a Vanguard, but that fight is tough for any build outside of maybe a dedicated explosion adept. Some of the other annoying fights get pretty trivial, tough. Citadel DLC boss and the walking Anime cliche were facerolls with Vanguard, for example.
Picked this up a bit ago and played through all three as a vanguard on Insanity. Honestly, the only real hard part was ME2 in the collector ship where you fight Harbinger on the fucking platforms. If you can beat that fight, nothing in ME3 is going to stop you.

Last edited: