Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Vitality

HUSTLE
Playing a bit more, stealth really needs to move next gen already. Shoot two uruks in a pack of three, after a minute he blames it on the wind -.-

They need to differentiate between finding a dead body and actually seeing it die.
The uruk ai is pretty line of sight exploitable also, you can just climb a wall and watch all their arrows turn yellow and then they walk away. Pretty cheesy.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Does PS4 have the same online revenge feature that Steam does? And if not, why not? Damn it that sounds great.

Szlia

Playing a bit more, stealth really needs to move next gen already. Shoot two uruks in a pack of three, after a minute he blames it on the wind -.-

They need to differentiate between finding a dead body and actually seeing it die.
I was not overly amused in MGS3 when you had to wait for 5 minutes for things to go back to normal after being spotted. At first I afk'ed and then it encouraged me to forego sneaking altogether and just run up to the next check points and die.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No one is drinking the Grog. Poison the grog, ALL drink the grog. Explode the grog after they are poisoned for poison+burning bonus XP.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Does PS4 have the same online revenge feature that Steam does? And if not, why not? Damn it that sounds great.
Yes, in like 12 hours of playing I have seen 2, and completed 1, neither from my friends lists. Not sure how it works yet. Its a pretty basic mission, just kill an Captain.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah they don't appear to be people from friends list, just random PSN users. They also only worth 10power so I usually skipped them.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So to get this straight, the only way to raise power level and get tier 2 abilities is to kill lots and lots of captains?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Main story line will give like 40 power per quest. Not sure if it gets higher, as I've done like 3 of them and the rest has been running around doing other stuff.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So to get this straight, the only way to raise power level and get tier 2 abilities is to kill lots and lots of captains?
Doing the story quests can give power, you get 70 for warchiefs 2nd tier takes a while, 3rd tier I did not even notice I unlocked.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really that many, it comes pretty organically over time - I ground for the tier 2, the rest just "showed up" while I was doing other stuff.

Update: Just completed the game itself - final two bosses were joke level difficulty, felt out of place - other than that, complete A+ game amazing product we need more stuff like to develop on the concepts they started on here.

[Not Platinum though, got a few oddball things + last two Hunting targets for trophying to do - 90% listed ATM]

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played for 11 hours now. Still only done 4 main missions. Been focusing on grinding out the red missions for power. Not sure how many captains you can kill off before they repopulate, but had it down to a total of 5 left (including ratbag) when I died and 5-6 more added.

Unlocked tier 3 power, and one of the 2500 abilities. Aside from the swarms, I rarely have problems with the captains now, which is probably due to me not progressing the story. Not sure I've seen any vendetta missions, only ever killed my nemesis orcs.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
complete A+ game amazing product we need more stuff like to develop on the concepts they started on here.
It really stands out. It's been a while since we've seen some decent innovation in gaming. Can't really remember the last time a game impressed me so much. Maybe Bioshock Infinite, but mainly just the "Oooh, so *that's* why there's no saved games.".

Szlia

I can see this Nemesis system having the same kind of impact on game developers as Demon's Souls / Dark Souls (it fells like half the game design pitches I saw in the last few years mentioned those).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Been playing for 15 minutes now and oh my hell fucking ya

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can see this Nemesis system having the same kind of impact on game developers as Demon's Souls / Dark Souls (it fells like half the game design pitches I saw in the last few years mentioned those).
It damn well better. And not just lip service like so many DS quotes were.

The system is phenomenal, 30 hrs played or so and only repeats of captains I got were still giving unique statements, think I got one repeat comment ever on a fleeing quote.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Anyone kill a captain multiple times and he keeps coming back? Killed one guy 3x before he was finally dead. I'm not complaining about it, each time he came back he said something funnier.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It damn well better. And not just lip service like so many DS quotes were.

The system is phenomenal, 30 hrs played or so and only repeats of captains I got were still giving unique statements, think I got one repeat comment ever on a fleeing quote.
Captains don't respawn. If they come back, that means you didn't kill them. Haruk (or whatever his name is) tracked me 4 or 5 times before I got an execution ability and each time his appearance would become more gruesome (scars, bag over his head).

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Captains don't respawn. If they come back, that means you didn't kill them. Haruk (or whatever his name is) tracked me 4 or 5 times before I got an execution ability and each time his appearance would become more gruesome (scars, bag over his head).
No, he was dead. The battle update showed him down with his name crossed out and "Killed." Each time he came back it was after I engaged another captain.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
No, he was dead. The battle update showed him down with his name crossed out and "Killed." Each time he came back it was after I engaged another captain.
If a captain's body is lying on the ground in the "Sauron's army" menu, that means he has merely been defeated. If you see his head on a spike, that means he's been permanently dispatched. That's why they keep coming after you and many of them can track you and overwhelm you when you're trying to do other things. That's pretty much what the nemesis system is.