Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, seems like I killed this captain three times with normal attacks but he kept coming back until I executed him and cut off his head. He was very messed up looking by the end of it.

spronk

FPS noob
so is the pc port of this very good? I have the ps4 version, good game but i think i might just breeze through main story quickly and replay with all the DLCs and side stories and shit when they release GOTY next year. just wondering if PC version is good. PS4 version seems flawless, no problems at all with a few hours in.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Captains don't respawn. If they come back, that means you didn't kill them. Haruk (or whatever his name is) tracked me 4 or 5 times before I got an execution ability and each time his appearance would become more gruesome (scars, bag over his head).
Not entirely true - I did have one on the final leg respawn from some of my first few kills and he was most certainly dead with a head pop when I'd left him before. (Took me like 4 "kills" before I beheaded him the last time - with head on a spike etc) It was well after going to the second map though.

Also had a resurrection right before the final fight - maybe more than that (with a new name though, but he made it clear the fact that his appearance was identical was intentional - he was talking just like the dead uruk he looked like with glowing eyes that indicated necromancy to me)- The "First Talon of the Hand" - it might be that the other four were similar, but they only have a death line so I didn't pick up on it who they had been if so - but the First was clearly the 2nd map Warchief I got my ass beat four times by before I got him down - opened with something like "It's good to see you after all the good times we had before, Captain" - and again he was definitely murdered when I left him

Plus Vendetta kills had one or two repeats with my own that I murdered as well and showed back up - but they weren't "mine" so not so odd there.

Spronk: There's occasional slowdowns on the PS4 version, nothing too harsh but when there's a TON going on on screen you can feel a noticable FPS drop in some areas. (Not unplayable though, just noticable in visual fidelity)

Vaclav

Finally got to play this last night, game is straight ballin' as fuck.
Better than helping the random hot chick or whatever? We need the full comparison to what you had given up earlier in preference to playing it!

Needless

Toe Sucker
some of the killing sequences are so brutal, it's great.
fucking stab in the arm, break the elbow then slit his throat and break his neck

Welp, don't fuck with Talion~

Vaclav

If you look at his steam achievements, he's skipped a ton of side content - but sounds about right if you're skipping side content to me, doing almost everything for achievements I was just about to hit 30 hrs when I did the finale.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't know how many finisher moves there are, but I still discover new ways to dismember orcs even after 10+ hours of gameplay.

My fav so far: "'ll shove flaming plank up your arse so far that your ranger friends will think you're a dragon"

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm going to see just how ugly an orc can get when I just kill and not cut its head off, still haven't run into an orc that sings while fighting it, that needs to happen. Also I need the music when a Warchief shows up, Tarz so far is my favorite chant.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The only complaint I have is that the environments can become monotonous. I don't really know what I was expecting from a game that takes place in Mordor, but I wish you could explore interior locations.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm going to see just how ugly an orc can get when I just kill and not cut its head off, still haven't run into an orc that sings while fighting it, that needs to happen. Also I need the music when a Warchief shows up, Tarz so far is my favorite chant.
You'll know it's the right one when its "*random orc name* the Singer"

Vaclav

So far my fav has been "the poet"
I <3 "The Rhymer"

I also love that after I killed both the Twins I managed to get "The Brother" to spawn, and he had one of their flambeed heads on his shoulder (I'd killed the one with a shitload of fire arrows, so it fit - not sure if it was intentional or not, awesome if so though)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm seriously impressed with the Captain system so far too. Had a confrontation encounter with a guy that was just stacked to bullshit and back, had to run all over the place, scavenge health, use dirty tricks to finally get him down. Actually killed a different captain in the process which surprised me, him showing up in a confrontation :p

Avenged a couple of bros but mostly getting ones for "The Stranger" which I assume is just random_jackass_01

Edit: fun moment was breaking stealth in middle of a stronghold because I found a captain whose weakness was insta-death to headshots, so shot him in full view, sprinted to grab his rune, then started hightailing it outta there. Alarms went off, had like 3 captains chasing me, shot some of those beehives on my way out, eventually got murdered anyway by some ranger-hunter spear guy that tracked me down.