Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely agree but for a first iteration of this system (at least that I know of) this is amazingly well done. I can imagine lots of ways to improve it but I nearly platinum-ed the achievements just fucking around.

They need a hardcore mode without Wraith view (or it drains focus fast). Add new warchief strength "Revengence" When a warchief is kill all orcs around him get promoted, gain hate against the type of attack used to kill him, gain hate to the person they see kill him, gain resistance to the type of attack used to kill him, Gain bloodthirst against those that killed him (will have a higher chance of spotting, tracking, chasing). Also give beastmaster orcs the ability to ride Caragors.
I would imagine playing without spending ability points (and maybe the cash upgrades) would be pretty hard. I hardly use anything that isn't from the skill tree anymore.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Does the season pass come with anything right now? The ad isn't too clear.

Buy the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass to unlock the exclusive Guardians of the Flaming Eye Warband mission and gain early access to the Trials of War challenge series.

Season Pass Includes:

Guardians of the Flaming Eye Exclusive Warband Mission: Face Sauron?s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Wolf's Head rune
Trials of War Challenge Series: Play the full series of 4 challenge modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom and the Endless challenge. Earn points for power, skill, speed and efficiency and build your Legend on the Leaderboards.
Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Dive deeper into Mordor?s living world and hunt the wild beasts of Mordor to earn unique runes.
The Bright Lord Story Mission: Battle against Sauron as Celebrimbor, the great Elven Lord of the Second Age, to unlock powerful runes and the ability to wield the One Ring.
Future content including additional Warband Missions, Runes, & Skins: Enhance your weapons with powerful Runes and customize Talion?s appearance with unique skins.

Not all listed content is available on 9/30. Each DLC will be added to your Steam account as it becomes available in the Steam store.
The warband mission is available right now, but it's just 1 additional fight on the first map against a somewhat tough orc. I didn't get the pass until I was almost done with the game so I wrecked his shit in about 5 seconds. I can imagine it'd be a tough fight early in the game, though.

All of the trials are available right now, too. Just like the test of power but with certain tweaks to make them more interesting.

The Bright Lord mission and the Hunt mission aren't available yet. I've never purchased a season pass before but I love this game so much I went ahead and did it. I think it'll probably be worth it when it's all said and done.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best mass kill is to train a fuckload of orcs in the stronghold over to a camp fire and nuke the fuck out of them with a single exploding arrow (need the skill point). You can basically can 1 shot an entire horde of them and I got some trophy for doing so.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well that escalated quickly......went out to kill a warchief and then 6 more warchief showed up in a couple seconds along with about 30 lackeys.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What controls that? I fucking hate when I'm on off fighting a captain and two or three other captains show up out of nowhere when my menu says they should be on the other side of the fucking map. What gives?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
What controls that? I fucking hate when I'm on off fighting a captain and two or three other captains show up out of nowhere when my menu says they should be on the other side of the fucking map. What gives?
Some hunt you down. I think there's a trait for it.

spronk

FPS noob
really good game but i think i'm gonna trade it in while the trade in value is $40 ($44 for me), esp since I only paid $38 for it. No real multiplayer and unreleased DLCs means in a year it'll have GOTY versions that are $10 and thats a good time to dive in. Plus I really am having a hard time with the controls, I haven't played the batman games on consoles (played first 2 on PC) so I'm really used to having bumpers be run and attack - with GTA5, AC5, DA3, and Far Cry 4 using the more "normal" control scheme I don't wanna switch stuff up right now.

Still easily the biggest surprise game for me this year, I think everyone was expecting it to be kinda meh and its really, really well done. Hope it sells well. I want to rewatch LOTR and maybe Hobbit before I play again, no real reason but its pretty cool exploring Mordor and shit and it would be more interesting after watching the movies.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm almost done the first map, I have 3/4 warchiefs down. Last night was awesome, I was able to take out two captains who were level 20, basically had them kicking my ass from the beginning of the game, and took down their respective warchiefs. Vault Stun and the cone AE Stun upgrade are bad ass. Can't wait for Brand.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I spent 90% of the time gathering intel on captains on branding my favorites, then having them fight other Uruks. Finally decided to do a story mission again and beat the game without knowing it was the final mission.

I like that the final confrontation wasn't some ridiculously hard, drawn-out battle. I was hoping that the final fight would be a massive army against all my branded captains, though. I like that they showed up for the battle against the 5 talons.

Also, I died about 5 times to the same Uruk (on purpose) because I lol'd every time I met him. He doesn't talk, just laughs and snaps his teeth. If you get the chance to avenge me and run into this guy, go for it. It's hilarious.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've had a few captains like that. It loses a bit of the funny once they're wearing a bag on their head and you can't see the stupid face they make.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you able to unlock the 2500 Mirian upgrades without completing the lines above them? Like do you have to buy all the rune slots first to get Storm of Urfael?

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just platinumed it. Great game. Discounting the remastered version of TLOU, this is probably the best game I've played this year. God willing Dragon Age outdoes it, otherwise it'll probably be my game of the year. Might even end up going for the season pass once we get some more information as to how meaty the other story DLC packs actually are.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I spent 90% of the time gathering intel on captains on branding my favorites, then having them fight other Uruks. Finally decided to do a story mission again and beat the game without knowing it was the final mission.

I like that the final confrontation wasn't some ridiculously hard, drawn-out battle. I was hoping that the final fight would be a massive army against all my branded captains, though. I like that they showed up for the battle against the 5 talons.

Also, I died about 5 times to the same Uruk (on purpose) because I lol'd every time I met him. He doesn't talk, just laughs and snaps his teeth. If you get the chance to avenge me and run into this guy, go for it. It's hilarious.
The final confrontation is extremely anticlimactic. All you do is hit a couple of buttons in a quicktime event.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Absolutely loving this game.

I spend alot of time just tracking orcs down and turning everyone I can in the camp just to set back and force them to kill the one orc.

Then use the special to instant kill the entire fort.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally beat it - Great game. Ending fell flat for me, but overall this was a great experience. Hoping that they build on it and other games take cues from this going forward. Solid 8.5/10 from me, may be my GOTY depending on DA.....

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are you able to unlock the 2500 Mirian upgrades without completing the lines above them? Like do you have to buy all the rune slots first to get Storm of Urfael?
Yes you can unlock them at once. They are independent. I only unlocked 1 rune slot for each weapon and one health before I saved up and bought the three 2500 cost upgrades. They are on separate timers as well (charge them up by doing finishers, stealth kills and bow kills) which surprised me considering how ridiculously powerful they make you.