Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bah was wondering when I had to upgrade my card because games require DX11. Guess today is that day. Bought a GTX 780 from Newegg and they threw in the new Borderlands game as well which I was going to buy day 1 anyways so basically knocked $60 off the price.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Does anyone know if the percentages stack on runes or is it one of those things where you pick the highest percent of a type?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know if the percentages stack on runes or is it one of those things where you pick the highest percent of a type?
Up to 100%, yes - there's no benefit past 100% though. (Probably something you already figured, but felt someone might not be as bright as you so stave off a future question maybe)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just avenged you Vehnn.. some power level 20 dude that was real angry. Tried to run away but I got him in your honor.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a ton of fun in this - there are things that they need to improve on for the sequel (I'm sure they realize this too), but overall its a fun game with a few really good systems. Had this fucking Archer shit stain kill me during the archer trial, and he'd only pop in to fight me while I was engaging captains/warchiefs etc... He rose to rank 20 pretty quickly and gained poison arrows that almost one shot me. I've died to Goroth the Archer Trainer probably 10/15 times.... Last night, while roaming around on my mount I saw that little shit bird and ate him - 1st time I'd seen him "in the wild". Felt good man

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I completely took over Saurons army after gaining the Brand ability, but then I got bored because I had no one to kill. So, I went back and merc'ed all my branded captains and warchiefs. Now I've got a new warchief that I keep sending out to kill Uruks that are climbing the ranks

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I completely took over Saurons army after gaining the Brand ability, but then I got bored because I had no one to kill. So, I went back and merc'ed all my branded captains and warchiefs. Now I've got a new warchief that I keep sending out to kill Uruks that are climbing the ranks
I gathered them all in one place and used the kill all branded Orc button, took like 15 mins to play all the death scenes. Also throwing and Orc over any height of a wall kills them, one time I threw a warchief off a three foot drop and he died before he hit the ground. Good times.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Having a ton of fun in this - there are things that they need to improve on for the sequel (I'm sure they realize this too), but overall its a fun game with a few really good systems. Had this fucking Archer shit stain kill me during the archer trial, and he'd only pop in to fight me while I was engaging captains/warchiefs etc... He rose to rank 20 pretty quickly and gained poison arrows that almost one shot me. I've died to Goroth the Archer Trainer probably 10/15 times.... Last night, while roaming around on my mount I saw that little shit bird and ate him - 1st time I'd seen him "in the wild". Felt good man
Yeah man. There was one warchief who kept killing me and I was avoiding him until I powered up a bit. He randomly popped up in a stronghold and I got a little randy with him and decided to give him a go. I was on a rooftop so I decided I'd jump down and fuck his shit up. Little did I know, stealth kills also work on warchiefs. Instead of jumping down to fuck his shit up, I jumped on his head and then proceeded to cut off his head right in front of his two body guards and all the other uruks. I feared that my life was now over, but instead they all took off like a bunch of bitches. I sniped one of the body guards out who was on my hit list but the other made it away.

I didn't even know you could stealth kill warchiefs but it was the most glorious moment of my life. I was then able to freely walk through the stronghold and collect an artifact because the entire place took off when I killed the dude.

It was so awesome, made me truly appreciate the greatness of the game.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He had a Vulnerability to Stealth then. With most warchiefs a stealth attack like that will do damage, but not insta-kill, unless they are vulnerable to it.

Conversely, Many warchiefs will be invulnerable to stealth.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have one Warchief that is an archer with exploding arrows. All 3 of his body guards have "hate of burning". Theyre unstoppable. I don't even help when I send them after other uruks.

If they die, they don't belong in my army!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He had a Vulnerability to Stealth then. With most warchiefs a stealth attack like that will do damage, but not insta-kill, unless they are vulnerable to it.

Conversely, Many warchiefs will be invulnerable to stealth.
Yeah, kind of weird how it worked out I guess. I didn't have much intel on him yet, hence why I wasn't messing with him. When I pushed his shit in I felt like a god.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Kiting around like 30 orcs, then dropping fly nests, and opening caragor (sp?) cages along the way is pretty fun. AI isn't very good, granted...they are orcs, but I could probably take out an entire army just by kiting, and jumping up onto a structure and stealth jump killing them over and over.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Kiting around like 30 orcs, then dropping fly nests, and opening caragor (sp?) cages along the way is pretty fun. AI isn't very good, granted...they are orcs, but I could probably take out an entire army just by kiting, and jumping up onto a structure and stealth jump killing them over and over.
That is ALMOST as much fun as 20 seconds of unlimited executions !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the moment I found I could just jump up a structure and they'd go "oh well, hes gone" was a bit worrisome, but it's still great.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely agree but for a first iteration of this system (at least that I know of) this is amazingly well done. I can imagine lots of ways to improve it but I nearly platinum-ed the achievements just fucking around.

They need a hardcore mode without Wraith view (or it drains focus fast). Add new warchief strength "Revengence" When a warchief is kill all orcs around him get promoted, gain hate against the type of attack used to kill him, gain hate to the person they see kill him, gain resistance to the type of attack used to kill him, Gain bloodthirst against those that killed him (will have a higher chance of spotting, tracking, chasing). Also give beastmaster orcs the ability to ride Caragors.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya no doubt - as someone else already said - if the jump of quality is akin to AC -> ACII on a game like this I'll be extremely pleased. As it is, its still the best game I've played on PS4 to date.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does the season pass come with anything right now? The ad isn't too clear.

Buy the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass to unlock the exclusive Guardians of the Flaming Eye Warband mission and gain early access to the Trials of War challenge series.

Season Pass Includes:

Guardians of the Flaming Eye Exclusive Warband Mission: Face Sauron's elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Wolf's Head rune
Trials of War Challenge Series: Play the full series of 4 challenge modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom and the Endless challenge. Earn points for power, skill, speed and efficiency and build your Legend on the Leaderboards.
Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Dive deeper into Mordor's living world and hunt the wild beasts of Mordor to earn unique runes.
The Bright Lord Story Mission: Battle against Sauron as Celebrimbor, the great Elven Lord of the Second Age, to unlock powerful runes and the ability to wield the One Ring.
Future content including additional Warband Missions, Runes, & Skins: Enhance your weapons with powerful Runes and customize Talion's appearance with unique skins.

Not all listed content is available on 9/30. Each DLC will be added to your Steam account as it becomes available in the Steam store.