Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Vitality

HUSTLE
Still don't see you, find you steam numeric ID.
Don't worry about it I'll skim through this thread and add id's after bowling tonight.

I have a super legacy account back when steam was just as good as xfire (remember that program?) or whatever.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
add me, Nalaan.

I made a couple of beefy as Orc just trying to brute force things ....ugh.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is fucking A. Usually the best you can hope for in an cash-in-on-IP-game is that they provide a solid game based on known mechanics, basically copy a good game and make it work through the IP alone.

I've only played an hour or so, but Shadow of Mordor actually has a few features I haven't seen before in any game yet. Get killed by a random uruk, it actually promotes the uruk to captain and gives him a name, and he'll come back at you twice as strong later.

Also in any other game if you get surrounded by ten guards, you usually just die. Here, they'll form a circle and come at you only 1-3 at a time while the rest watches. Fighting through a large pack might take a minute or two, but never before could a make actually make you feel like one of these story super heroes that can take on infinite Uruks like Aragorn. Every time that actually happens and you win, it's fucking awesome.

The other thing I really liked is how Stealth here actually makes sense. Kill a guard in thief and have it spotted? The other guards reaction makes no sense, eventually they even go back to idle.. in Mordor, one uruk said after they looked around for a while "Uruks die all the time, this was probably just a brawl". It's not that much different from Thief stealth, but in this setting it's not face palm 90s stupid.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This game is fucking A. Usually the best you can hope for in an cash-in-on-IP-game is that they provide a solid game based on known mechanics, basically copy a good game and make it work through the IP alone.

I've only played an hour or so, but Shadow of Mordor actually has a few features I haven't seen before in any game yet. Get killed by a random uruk, it actually promotes the uruk to captain and gives him a name, and he'll come back at you twice as strong later.

Also in any other game if you get surrounded by ten guards, you usually just die. Here, they'll form a circle and come at you only 1-3 at a time while the rest watches. Fighting through a large pack might take a minute or two, but never before could a make actually make you feel like one of these story super heroes that can take on infinite Uruks like Aragorn. Every time that actually happens and you win, it's fucking awesome.

The other thing I really liked is how Stealth here actually makes sense. Kill a guard in thief and have it spotted? The other guards reaction makes no sense, eventually they even go back to idle.. in Mordor, one uruk said after they looked around for a while "Uruks die all the time, this was probably just a brawl". It's not that much different from Thief stealth, but in this setting it's not face palm 90s stupid.
This^

I love the voice acting and script of the Named when they stumble on to you. I love how they point out "Hey didn't I kill you already? oh well, I am an orc and more killing is a comin"

This is the first true Next Gen game imo

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Man i laughed at whoever died to a large troll right out the gate. Then I went out and bought it, and died to a large troll right out the gate. Too much fun

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I havent seen it mentioned here yet but if you click on the fast travel towers (forge towers?) you get an option to advance time, its square on ps4, and when you do this it will create new captains for you to kill and also promote captains that escaped you or you escaped to the next rank if there is an opening. Also, I think it replenishes all the herbs.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This^

I love the voice acting and script of the Named when they stumble on to you. I love how they point out "Hey didn't I kill you already? oh well, I am an orc and more killing is a comin"

This is the first true Next Gen game imo
I had a fucking Captain leave me on the ground while I was about dead and tell me it was too easy, he was gonna let me live, and he took off while he had the upper hand.

I felt ashamed.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Make sure you guys are interrogating who you can. It tells you the strength and weakness which can be crucial, Just as Bragon said, one of the guys has "Humiliation" meaning he will not give the death blow because you are not worthy.

My Nemesis, Hozza (or something) can block my attacks and counter the counters, but vulnerable to stealth kills. This duded leveled from 9 to 16 off me until he attacked me while fighting other captains in the golumn mission. I had to run away and climb to rehind then shanked him from behind for one of the best revenge feelings I have had in many games!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was riding my dog of doom raping and pillaging till I found this captain who hates them .....made him enraged and he proceeded to swiftly dispatch my mount and myself =p

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a ton of fun in this game so far. Like Ut, only got an hour or so in last night but enjoyed the piss out of it. 70" Sony LED arrives today, so going to get that all set up before cracking into this more. Hope they expand on this going forward to include other area's of the LOTR universe.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game is simply amazing. And God I hope Storybricks in EQN gets close to the Nemesis system, more games need something like it especially MMOs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man I got stuck at the gym last night helping some bangin' ass chick with a huge ass do some workouts. Figured it was worth it.. now I feel like I missed out. Game is just sitting on my coffee table..

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Fucking EB games is giving 30% extra trade in value towards this, and they are fucking sold out.

Need for Speed Rivals, DKCOUNTRY: Tropical Freeze, your days are numbered.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Pro tip: put a point in brutalize. Allows you to kill an enemy out of stealth in a way that others around will run in fear ....allowed me to cut the number of mobs I had to kill for some of the story mission from 12+ to 3 or 4.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Do not skip the cutscenes in the main mission ....some really good and funny voice acting.